Twillight of Byzantium

I just d/l the new one so I can try it.
Can't decide who to be so I will get a random choice.
Hope it is a good one.

Thank you!!

I think i understand what your saying it kinda forces you to research advances at a peticular rate for historical accuaracy i guess.its the only thing i can think of that it does other than when your gp runs out it also forces you to disband supported units and sell improvements i was just wondering if this was intentional or not and why.

Yes the 50% rate for the Ottomans is intentional. They are already strong enough as they are.

Looks great and something to do over the holidays when a break from the relatives is needed. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

So I played my first long game, it had to be the Byzantine Empire, of course. Initially I think I lost everything except Constantinople, Salonika and Mistra, but then, the Ottoman expansion to the west was stopped by the Bulgars, while my forces reconquered most of Greece from the Serbs and Latins, briefly losing it to the Hospitallers, then reconquering it again. I played on Monarch but cheated (reloaded) a bit :blush: The fact that you disabled fixed Random Seed didn't help ;) (why?), so I used it to avoid situations like losing a 15/15 knight army to a spearman, and more ;) Still was fun losing and conquering the same cities multiple times, to eventually, after 67 turns, have the Empire shine once again, at least on the west side, and the Serbian and Bulgar Empires rapidly shrinking, with the Latins pretty much gone.

I also like the multi-faction warfare and how the scenario is naval-intensive unlike any other. I mostly had to defend from the never-ending amphibious attacks of the Papacy/Latins/Hospitallers/Venetians, but I used a large fleet of galleys to silently aid the Bulgars, by stopping the Ottomans from sending reinforcements to Europe.

Now, the game is not over yet, but it seems that I'm winning, or even losing :mischief: , which can be seen on the attached jpeg. Am I right to assume there is no way I can generate more VP than the Florence gets through their wonder, even though I've kept Constantinople and reconquered much of the Balkans? Chances of my armies even reaching Florence to raze it to the ground are next to none.

Attachments

• byz.jpg
    byz.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 284
ED - I didn't actually notice I disabled fixed random seed! :p.

There are 33 turns left of the game in that time Florence will be able to generate 33/2*1000=16000 points which would give them 24140+16000=40140 points when the game ends. It should be possible for you to reach the 50000 points before turn 100. Maybe you should capture some islands in the Aegean to get those treasures? Good luck!

D'Artagnan - Well unless you give me more information I can't help you. Everyone else gets it working, so most be some mistake you've made.

Here is the error I keep getting, word for word:

ERROR READING FILE:

Missing entry in "Scenarios/../conquests/Middle Ages/text/PediaIcons.txt/ICON_BLDG_Religious_Order.

The game will now exit.

Just change the civilpedia entry in editor i had the same problem with joust aren.

It is under CEUniversity or something like that.

What is that?

It's a file that is part of the scenario and there's nothing wrong with it. Seems you either don't have it, or have it misplaced, which means you failed to install the scenario properly. Since you have similar problems with other mods, my guess is you put the files in wrong folders or unzip them into a new folder instead of *directly* into Conquests/Scenarios. Make sure the "Twilight of Byzantium" folder is in Conquest/Scenarios, along with the BIQ file.

What ED said^

Sorry I'm not much around to answer questions, but R/L is keeping me busy.

It would be a lot more fun if there weren't people you were locked at war with

I cant use diplomacy with most of the factions and i want to use diplomacy with bulgars and Serbs but i cant :(

is there a way i can change it to where i can negotiate with everyone? =D

This scenario is fantastic. I've just started, but so far I conquered Siena effortlessly, and have my fleet of Arq's sailing south to conquer some Pirates.

It would be a lot more fun if there weren't people you were locked at war with

I cant use diplomacy with most of the factions and i want to use diplomacy with bulgars and Serbs but i cant :(

is there a way i can change it to where i can negotiate with everyone? =D

You can disable the locked wars in the editor. However the scenario is supposed to have locked wars, so there is no guarantee how it will play when you edit it.

Top Bottom