Twillight of Byzantium

That defiently depends how much patience you got.

This scenario is pretty easy on load times though.

:)

No I have 68 Mbs it loads up in under 30 seconds it works great.

That defiently depends how much patience you got.

This scenario is pretty easy on load times though.

:)
Couldn't you tell from his username how much patience he has? Oops, maybe you don't know baseball, :blush: sorry.

Baseball? We played it one time in gym class last year. That's pretty much all I know about baseball.

In Denmark we don't do those crazy sports. :p

Mets for baseball, Green Bay for football, Pepperdine (my alma mater) for basketball.

Supid Packers Fan What sports do you play there soccer.

Nice. :)

You have to hurry with that feedback if you want any of it included in the new version. ;)

I have played the No-Gunpowder Challenge Ottomans (quite easy), Florentians, and have a Hospitalers game. Took some Genoese islands and am gracious with Ottomans for declaring war on the Aydin.

But the Ottomans are at locked war with Aydin. How could they "declare" war?

The last rays of sun were fading over the Mediterranean Sea. From the balcony of his provincial palace of Heraklion in Crete, Doge Marino Faliero of the Venitian Republic was contemplating the ruins of Knossos, the last remnants of the once brilliant Minoan Civilization.
Echoing on the stone walls, he heard the Amiral Foscari approching. The Doge didn't dare to turn around when Foscari stopped a couple of meters from him:
"Doge, the troops from Venica, Zara and Ragusa have arrived in Paliaopolis." The are ready to attack the Genoese islands of Chios and Samos.
Marino Faliero was still looking at the Minoan ruins. These were there before the fall and the birth of Rome. They have been the witness of the reign of Ceasar, the Empire of Alexander the Great. At the time of its glory, Athens was only a barbarian village and Venice, his Venice, the jewel of the Mediterranean Sea, was only an unhealthy swamp. Suddenly afflicted with a deep sadness, he realized that they were still going to be there when the powerful and rich Venitian Republic would became another echoe of the past.
"Doge? asked Foscari, worried about Faliero's silence. Are we giving the order to attack?
-No.
-No? But... Doge, I don't understand. We have been planning the invasion of the Genoese mediterranean trading posts for the past three years! We shall wait more?
Faliero was still turning his back to the Amiral.
"No, he said. We abandon the invasion.
-May I asked why, Doge?
Foscari had difficulties to hide his deception, and anger. He had spent most of the past three years to personnaly plan this invasion of the wealthy genoese colonies.
"My dear friend, replied the Doge, aren't we controlling the whole seas between here and Constantinople?
-Yes Doge, our hired pirates are feared from all the nations in this part of the World, answered Foscari, proudly. Even the mighty Ottomans hesitate to venture past Canakkale!
After all, the Amiral Foscari was the one who recommanded the extensive use of pirates to destroy the naval power of their "competitors", to use the Doge euphemism.
"So, Amiral, why risk an open war? The Bosnian and Serbian barbarians, lurking at the threshold of our borders, and Florence - why not! - would be more than happy to make an alliance with the Genoese, against us.
-With all due respect Doge, this matter have been already discussed. That's why we made that alliance with the Lombards.
Foscari never like that treaty; because of it, the Venitians became too much dependant of the mood of some ignorant duke from the north.
"This is a defensive alliance Amiral, said the Doge with irritation.
For the first time, Faliero turned around looking at the Amiral in the eyes:
"I repeat, why risk an open war my friend? Why risk it, when we can just rob them with impunity? Why risk to have Pula and Zara ransacked by the Genoese allies, when our pirates can do all the dirty job for us?
-I hear you Doge. But what will we do with our troops in Paliaopolis? The soldiers and the people were expecting a lot from the pillage of the Genoese colonies. Your vassals will be dissapointed. Do we disband the army?
The Doge smiled knowingly. He thought about the ruins of Knossos. The Minoan Civilization is dead, but the Venitian Civilization is alive and strong. And it is the wealthiest in the whole known world. He answered slowly:
"No. Prepare them for combat. Prepare our glorious galleasses to fly over the seas. We will invade Constantinople!

----------}O{----------​

Very nice scenario indeed Yoda Power!! I can't wait for the update! :goodjob:
(note: sorry for the unavoidable mistakes: English is not my mother language; French is)

Very nice storie Beboy!!!
and there are few unavoidable mistakes ;-)

looking forward for the next chapter!!!

Wow that was great Beboy! Keep it up :D

You are thye kind of guy that makes me complete the new version, which btw should be out before christmas, if all goes well.

Wow that was great Beboy! Keep it up :D

You are thye kind of guy that makes me complete the new version, which btw should be out before christmas, if all goes well.

out before christmas, almost looks like a commercial :p
:lol:

Hehe, well atleast you know how to spend your christmas now. Isolated from your family, playing ToB;). Here is a collection of new unit btw, which I already posted in the preview thread, but I thought it would catch some attention here too.

Yoda where did you create the preview thread because i am looking to create one for a upcoming scenario I am making.

Top Bottom