Windows 7 x64 and BTS

Keith_C

Warlord
This is a minor issue, as the game runs perfectly well, but it is annoying.

When starting BTS W7 drops back to Windows Basic (as in, Aero gets turned off). I installed from the Civ IV Complete disk and have patched up to 3.17. My W7 build is 7100 (RC1).

Vanilla and Warlords do *not* cause Windows to drop back to basic mode, just BTS, which is what makes it weird.

Just thought I'd mention it in case no-one else has - I never had any problems with Vista x64.

Greetings all, long time lurker first time poster. :)

I've just spent a frustrating hour with BTS to run in Windows 7 x64. Game loads ok and all seems fine but when I try to create a city it crashes immediately.

Some specs:
ASUS F6VE laptop
ATI mobile HD4500
2.66 Core 2 Duo CPU
4 GB mem
Windows 7 v7100 (64 bit)
Game downloaded from Steam

I'm going to try installing my disk copy and see how that goes. No Civ is a deal breaker for me as far as Windows 7 is concerned!

Just for info - I had it running fine on same laptop with Vista 32.

EDIT:
It seems the problem is with Steam. I uninstalled it, then tried downloading again. This time the game would not even start. It could not find the XML files. I've changed the location of the Documents folder to a seperate drive, but as the game installed the files there ok I would presume it could find them.

So I uninstalled again and this time installed from the disks. Despite the game insisting I needed to update my direct X from 11 to 9 (!) it installed ok and everything is working fine now, though I've not played a full game yet so maybe more problems will arise.

I can't get the game working at all. It is all patched up and everything, but it loads the splash screen, then goes black and hard locks my PC...and I have to hit the reset switch.

can't work out what's wrong.

EDIT: Fixed my problem....seems the 'Defense+' feature of the Comodo Firewall and Antivirus package was causing it to lock up. Added it to exclusions and it's fine now!

This is a minor issue, as the game runs perfectly well, but it is annoying.

When starting BTS W7 drops back to Windows Basic (as in, Aero gets turned off). I installed from the Civ IV Complete disk and have patched up to 3.17. My W7 build is 7100 (RC1).

Vanilla and Warlords do *not* cause Windows to drop back to basic mode, just BTS, which is what makes it weird.

Just thought I'd mention it in case no-one else has - I never had any problems with Vista x64.

Having just upgraded to 3.19, I can now confirm that this issue has been fixed, for both fullscreen and windowed mode.

yea ... im running windows 7 64-bit and my problem is that my comp simply wont ALLOW me to install the 3.19 patch ... either that or some program is missing that is needed to run the install program.

Top Bottom