Another WW2 scenario

for me the scenario works fine(except the huge loading times) but if u want to see another good scenario with less loaing but still big map check out red ww2

Please help, i want to play this scenario but the problem is that after unzip the file downloaded from first page in the mods folder, the game is not installing second file. The first file is ok, i can check it in browse menu, but second one is not exist.

@tutalya: Try using the manual extraction method I posted in the OP under the troubleshooting section.

@PAVLOS_GR300: Thanks for the appreciation :). Moving around nations and whatnot is one of the more tedious parts of making this scenario. It's a toss up between checking those boxes and replicating hundreds of lines of code while making minor changes here and there. I'm pretty confident in saying that this was my last time tackling a project of this magnitude as a hobby. At least for quite a while anyways.

As far as whether there is a point to even installing the scenario, well that is tough to pin down. I can say for myself that I see it as pointless, but then there are people like PAVLOS_GR300 that apparently are able to play through it without crashing. I pretty much confirmed that the game hits a hard crashpoint on my system about 20 or so turns in. I couldn't figure out the cause, and lost any drive to solve the problem a while ago.

The one thing I would like to salvage for my own enjoyment is the base map with the greatly enlarged European continent. I was thinking I might go in and blast out all the pre-placed items, save starting positions, and make it into a regular true start map to play a civ 5 game on. I realize the map gets mixed reviews because of the distortions, but for me it was a big improvement and can be fun to use in other games.

This Scenario is worth installing, just use it with a different map, start in industrial/modern era. And slug it out!

dlmt3 i thought this but the problem is that u cant build settlers without future era.if i find the correnct file to change this i will let u know

To get rid of the settler modification in the mod simply delete the update lines concerning the unit. They are located near the top of the file "Units_3.xml" under "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\WWII Full Earth Campaign Part 1 of 2 (v 9)\XML". I attached a picture of it below.

Attachments

• Settler.PNG
    Settler.PNG
    83.1 KB · Views: 120
Ah, that was a version I never got around to posting. I thought I had solved the crash that was occurring about 15-20 turns in by removing the graphic for the Avenger aircraft.
Although I did find that the avenger graphic was causing a hard crash, when I went to test further into a game I still hit a crash point. I wasn't sure if it was an issue with loading a save, or if there might have been yet another bugged graphic somewhere. At that point I gave up.

When I find the time to look at it again though, I'll definitely add it as an update.

for whatever reason i can play as every nation in this mod except for japan. strangely enough it worked the first time i tried with them and i saved the game on the first turn without playing to check out the other nations. ever since then i cant load up that save game or start a new game with them, the game crashes on the loading screen when i click to start the scenario.

i uninstalled and reinstalled the mod and deleted the cashe files and nothing helps. this is really weird and cant see why this has happened.

any ideas?

@rhettrongun Dunno how much of a task it would be, but would it be possible for you to add the 'fix' Gedeon did which allowed intercepting planes to actually earn xp ? :)

After alot of turns planes on intercept duty become quite useless due to the amount of xp earned by the enemy, unless ofcourse you managed to completely kill a fighter unit..

@rhettrongun Dunno how much of a task it would be, but would it be possible for you to add the 'fix' Gedeon did which allowed intercepting planes to actually earn xp ? :)

After alot of turns planes on intercept duty become quite useless due to the amount of xp earned by the enemy, unless ofcourse you managed to completely kill a fighter unit..

Possibly. I'll check it out and if it's not too much trouble to add, then sure. I should have a new version worth uploading soon.

for whatever reason i can play as every nation in this mod except for japan. strangely enough it worked the first time i tried with them and i saved the game on the first turn without playing to check out the other nations. ever since then i cant load up that save game or start a new game with them, the game crashes on the loading screen when i click to start the scenario.

i uninstalled and reinstalled the mod and deleted the cashe files and nothing helps. this is really weird and cant see why this has happened.

any ideas?

I'm confused on whether you are trying to load the save game or just start a completely new game as Japan. If it's the former then I'd recommend giving up on it, since it sounds like you only played a turn or two. My guess is something was changed between the save and the current state of the mod you have.

If it's not letting you play as Japan at all though, then that's tougher. I'd say delete the mod entirely and download the new version I'll be posting in the near future. If you do a complete wipe then the fresh version should solve that issue.

New version is up.

I looked through the lua for Gedemon's interceptor fix, and opted not to try and implement. Although it would have been doable, it might have taken me a couple hours of trial and error to get it working correctly.

New version is up.

I looked through the lua for Gedemon's interceptor fix, and opted not to try and implement. Although it would have been doable, it might have taken me a couple hours of trial and error to get it working correctly.

Thanks alot for looking into it :)

I have to say i'm loving this man. its funny im playing through as germany(i took off the lua btw) and i kept the peace with russia and got them to be my ally. japan has been an ally from the start where the rest of the world was our emeny. the way i did it russia took out the middle east, i took out europe(finland was taken by russia) japan ripped through china with ease. australia, india, and thiland are all that remains now, japan and i split the usa down the middle(me having tricked the usa before into taking out canada and mexico) i got brazil to take over south america and their my next target. russia and japan are now duking it out. not sure who will win though considering that their military might is almost the same(their in the 9 almost 10 millions) i'm gonna let them go at it and just watch and enjoy. right now im focusing on wiping out the last of italy (which is basicaly based in egypt) i'm using my african forces(i took all of africa easy from france and the uk) so i cant wait to see who will win outta the 4 major powers left. russia, japan, me or brazil ill update yall later on it. just an idea for you. dont you think itd be a good idea to start out japan with some of chinas coastal citys considering that in 1939 they allready had taken some of them. this also would help the japanese computer be able to fight better since they have trouble attack over seas. i had to play on deity to get this stupid thing able to fight as well as it did

I have to say i'm loving this man. its funny im playing through as germany(i took off the lua btw) and i kept the peace with russia and got them to be my ally. japan has been an ally from the start where the rest of the world was our emeny. the way i did it russia took out the middle east, i took out europe(finland was taken by russia) japan ripped through china with ease. australia, india, and thiland are all that remains now, japan and i split the usa down the middle(me having tricked the usa before into taking out canada and mexico) i got brazil to take over south america and their my next target. russia and japan are now duking it out. not sure who will win though considering that their military might is almost the same(their in the 9 almost 10 millions) i'm gonna let them go at it and just watch and enjoy. right now im focusing on wiping out the last of italy (which is basicaly based in egypt) i'm using my african forces(i took all of africa easy from france and the uk) so i cant wait to see who will win outta the 4 major powers left. russia, japan, me or brazil ill update yall later on it. just an idea for you. dont you think itd be a good idea to start out japan with some of chinas coastal citys considering that in 1939 they allready had taken some of them. this also would help the japanese computer be able to fight better since they have trouble attack over seas. i had to play on deity to get this stupid thing able to fight as well as it did

Sounds like it was a lot of fun. For some reason I still run into a crash around turn 12-15 when trying to play as Germany. Not sure what the reason is for it. I may try disabling lua next time I give that a go, since that is what you did. As far as the China recommendation goes, I'll look up which of the major cities were controlled by Japan and make the changes.

Thanks for the feedback :)

No problem and i have to give you credit this is an amazing mod it really is i actually play it everyday lol(well i try to and dont think i dont have a life i do i just do at least one turn a day) but i started a new game agian and i'm playing as italy now. i'm at turn 7 and germany and i have split france in half and germany just asked me to fight agianst russia with him in 10 turns. i said yes that i would but i plan on betraying him later on. anyway i was thinking as i looked at germany and im suprised it took me this long to remeber but hadnt austria allready been taken over.
i have this for ya so you can see and i fixed it personaly on my map i use but thought that you might wanna see that
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_coun...ogical_order_and_with_the_dates_each_happened
also if you wanna get in contact with me because i wouldnt mind giving you more feedback on this stuff i love ww2 my email adress is ekim1793@yahoo.com

Sounds like it was a lot of fun. For some reason I still run into a crash around turn 12-15 when trying to play as Germany. Not sure what the reason is for it. I may try disabling lua next time I give that a go, since that is what you did. As far as the China recommendation goes, I'll look up which of the major cities were controlled by Japan and make the changes.

Thanks for the feedback :)

In my current game as Germany Im getting a crash everytime I go from turn 31-32, but atleast Im futher than your 12-15 turns :)

How does one do the whole disabling lua thing btw (and what does it actually do), I'd like to play more as germany but I always end up in hard crashes forcing me to start over :(

Top Bottom