2009 Mod Organization Thread

Mattygerst

Prince
This is a thread that I will keep updated so I can keep this organized, and so everyone is clear on what is going on. The board is a little bit all over the place for me, and it gets annoying trying to keep track of where everything is. This will be a list of a variety of things condensed into one post.

Note* Team colors are based on their "national colors" to best correctly match as many as possible. There will have to be 6 total colors that are "repeated" because civBTS only comes with 44 possible civ colors (at least until I learn to add more if possible). Colors are up for debate. As well as modifying (and finishing) civilization traits. **For those not aware, civ traits are based on national ideologies instead of actual leader traits.

**ATTENTION**
Please use the appropriate threads in the forum to discuss issues you have with any information/list you find on this page. This is more or less to keep things organized. Comment in this thread only if something is missing/vitally important, etc.

List of Civilizations, team colors, leaders, and civ traits:
Spoiler :
Civilization # - Country - Team Color - Leader Name - Civilization Traits

0 USA - dark blue - Barack Obama - AGG/IMP
1 Canada - white - Stephen Harper - ORG/FIN
2 Mexico - green - Felipe Calderon - SPI/CHM
3 Brazil - light green - Lula da Silva - FIN/PRO
4 Argentina - light blue - Cristina Kirchner - EXP/CRE
5 Peru - dark lemon - Alan Garcia - AGG/CHM
6 Chile - cyan - Michelle Bachelet - FIN/CHM
7 Colombia - dark orange - Alvaro Uribe - CRE/SPI
8 Bolivarian Alliance - light yellow - Hugo Chavez - IMP/FIN
9 UK - red - Gordon Brown - FIN/PRO
10 Spain - red & gold - Jose Zapatero - FIN/CRE
11 France - dark indigo & white - Nicolas Sarkozy - PRO/CRE
12 Germany - gold & black - Angela Merkel - IND/PHI
13 Italy - middle cyan - Silvio Berlusconi - CHA/CRE
14 Sweden - dark cyan & lemon - Fredrik Reinfeldt - FIN/PHI
15 Poland - light orange - Donald Tusk - PRO/PHI
16 Turkey - yellowgreen - Recep Erdogan - PRO/IND
17 Ukraine - middle blue - Yulia Tymoshenko - PRO/IND
18 Caucasus Union - dark pink - Mikheil Saakashvili - AGG/PRO
19 EFTA - dark indigo - Hans Merz - FIN/PRO
20 EU - blue - Peter Balkenende - ORG/CRE
21 Libya - middle green - Muammar al-Gaddafi - AGG/SPI
22 Egypt - brown - Hosni Mubarak - FIN/CRE
23 Morocco - light brown - Abbas el Fassi - PRO/PHI
24 Algeria - dark green - Abdelaziz Bouteflika - PRO/SPI
25 West African Alliance - olivedrab - Umaru Yar Adua - AGG/PRO
26 Belarus - pink - Alexander Lukashenko - PRO/PHI
27 East African Alliance - teal - Meles Zenawi - AGG/PRO
28 South Africa - black & green - Jacob Zuma - EXP/CRE
29 Saudi Arabia - dark dark green - King Abdullah - FIN/SPI
30 Palestine - orangered - Mahmoud Abbas - EXP/PRO
31 Syria - olive - Bashar al Assad - ORG/PRO
32 Israel - dark cyan - Benjamin Netanjahu - PRO/EXP
33 Iran - green & black - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - PRO/AGG
34 Vietnam - yellow - Nguyen Minh Triet - FIN/PRO
35 Russia - dark red - Vladimir Putin - PRO/FIN
36 CACO - cyan & gray - Kassym Tokayev - CRE/ORG
37 Pakistan - green & white - Asif Zardari - SPI/AGG
38 India - orange - Manmohan Singh - IND/EXP
39 China - dark yellow - Wen Jiabao - IMP/FIN
40 Thailand - purple - Bhumibol Adulyadej - ORG/CHM
41 Indonesia - peach - Susilo Yudhoyono - PRO/PHI
42 ASEAN - light purple - S.R. Nathan - FIN/ORG
43 North Korea - dark gray - Kim Jong Il - AGG/IMP
44 South Korea - middle purple - Lee Myung Bak - FIN/IND
45 Japan - crimson - Taro Aso - IND/ORG
46 Australia - orange & green - Kevin Rudd - EXP/ORG
47 Balkan Union - dark purple - Stipe Mesic - CRE/PRO
48 Taiwan - goldenrod - Ma Ying-jeou - IND/ORG
49 Minor States - gray
Failed States - black

List of Building types in various cities:
Coming Soon

List of various unique units:
Coming Soon

List of units & unit types & unit ratios to appear on map:
This was done on research from wiki about every country's military & military units. I believe IanInsane (I think) did similar research. The ratios I used do a couple of things: #1 They keep the armies in line with real-term strength. And #2 - They break down the units a bit to keep the mod from having 10+ minute wait times. There are (not including regular infantry/marines) about 2500 units represented. So, with regular units, we may approach near 4-5,000 I'd guess. If anyone has any REAL disputes, please refer to the unit ratios thread and we can have a discussion about it. But this was done using fairly exhaustive research and I believe is fairly accurate as is. The link below is a link to an Excel spreadsheet showing unit ratios as of 9/01/2009.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/plmtug

Did I miss something? Or did you? Where's Palestine on that list?

I thought we were having both of them...

Ian, I think we still are. The discussion is still on-going, so I think he's leaving them out of the main list until we're finalised.

RE: Colours
The ZIP file I sent you a few days ago contains a wide range of colours for you to select. If you can pick 8 additional colours from that file (6 civs and 2 barbs) then we can put them into the XML.

RE: Flags
As posted in the Civ thread, all flags and buttons are completed, barring any major changes there.

RE: Leaders
For anyone wishing to do this, use the information from this tutorial (specifically the width resizing by 125% thing). I'll make a start this morning.

EDIT: The first 10 are done, and can now be used as examples for the other 40.

Edit:

I'm an idiot. I keep adding Failed States as civ #50 and keep forgetting they don't have to be added. So, yes. Taiwan is also included. Sorry about that misunderstanding on my part.

A few problems with the leader traits:
Barrack Obama should be Org/Cha. Near as I can tell you just switched Bush's often-proposed traits.
Putin should have the Imperialistic trait.
I don't know if I agree with giving Wen that, however. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think he was all that big on sabre-rattling, at least not by Chinese standards.
The Spiritual trait probably needs to be cut, and likely replaced, because
1) We replaced religions with cultural groups, which cannot be spread manually.
2) There are no temples. We've considered adding ghetto or slum buildings, but they cannot be built under normal conditions.
3) We extended revolution length as a way to produce a more realistic situation, and ensure that big events like China becoming a democracy can't happen overnight (If you don't like that, don't blame me, as I didn't support going that route, but I was outnumbered), so the Spiritual trait would unbalance the game.

The Spiritual trait probably needs to be cut, and likely replaced, because

That would require either A) simply not using it, or B ) SDK work.

1) We replaced religions with cultural groups, which cannot be spread manually.
Religions are to be replaced, yes. The problem so far - is that we have to add 2 religions to the game to make it work for all the ideologies involved. If we can't figure out how to do that...may not happen (depends if we can get it to work). Also, looking at the map, I'm not exactly sure how we're going to get the percentages done correctly for the ideologies for cities. There is definitely NOTHING that allows this in worldbuilder that I've become accustomed to working with creating the map. So, I will have to do more research into this...but I'm not exactly sure as of right now how we're going to implement that and get it to actually work.

The problem so far - is that we have to add 2 religions to the game to make it work for all the ideologies involved. If we can't figure out how to do that...may not happen (depends if we can get it to work). Also, looking at the map, I'm not exactly sure how we're going to get the percentages done correctly for the ideologies for cities. There is definitely NOTHING that allows this in worldbuilder that I've become accustomed to working with creating the map. So, I will have to do more research into this...but I'm not exactly sure as of right now how we're going to implement that and get it to actually work.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I added the 2 religions to the game months ago and it worked the last time I checked. Of course I could only check it in the Pedia since the mod crashes when I start to run a game.
And what do you mean concerning percentages? We never thought of having the ideologies represented by percentages. I looked up the percentages of the cultural ideologies in all the real world cities (see excel sheet) and we decided that if the real world percentage is above 5% in one particular city then that ideology is present in our civ city. Just like a religion is present in a city in vanilla civ, no percantages or such involved in the game. All the percentages in the excel sheet were just to decide whether it is high enough to have the ideology present in one city.

I looked up the percentages of the cultural ideologies in all the real world cities (see excel sheet)

Okay, that was a misunderstanding is all. I read the excel sheet as we wanted to implement those statistics into the map. Thats all. As long as the religions load correctly thru the XML it shouldn't be an issue, then.

There's one more thing I'd like to suggest.
After all our first release has to attract as much people as possible to help with further development. For this it would be great if we wrote pedia articles about all the features we have thought of, no matter how far away they still are. Each with the remark to get in touch with the crew to help with it.

Top Bottom