Multipule 'Favorite Civics' for leaders?

Grave

1 Goat = 400 Horses
Is there a way to give leaders multipule 'Favorite Civics'?

The code only looks like it allows only one favorite civic, that's why I'm curious.

I find it kind of bland to only have one favorite civic for each leader, and most of the leaders share the same favorite civics anyway.

Adding more than one would flavor them out a little, IMHO.

Anyway, I was just curious... thanks.

modname/assets/xml/civilization/civ4leaderheadinfos.xml
scroll down past a big bunch of info, until you see <traits>. above it (at the bottom of the big bunch of info) there is the following tag. <FavoriteCivic>CIVIC_[civic name]</FavoriteCivic>.
press return, tab a couple of times, so the pointer is underneath it, type <FavoriteCivic>CIVIC_[civic name]</FavoriteCivic> again, containing a different civic name. i think that this might be it, not completely sure though.

I tried that, it won't work.

In order to have multipule anything of the same thing in this game the code has to start with: (example)

<FavoriteCivics>
<FavoriteCivic>CIVIC_POLICE_STATE</FavoriteCivic>
<FavoriteCivic>CIVIC_FREE_SPEECH</FavoriteCivic>
</FavoriteCivics>

That's how it should look...

... but the game doesn't recognize <FavoriteCivics></FavoriteCivics>

OK, I'll try it again, but having two <FavoriteCivic> tags causes an error to pop up when you try and load the mod.

The game is only set to recognize only one <FavoriteCivic> that I've seen so far.

But I'll try again...

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but you can't do this without some major reprogramming... probably not until SDK (which will probably be a joke to casual modders). You'd need to edit the XML schema, python code for civilopedia, and stuff that is now hard coded.

ArbitraryGuy said:
I don't mean to be a party pooper, but you can't do this without some major reprogramming... probably not until SDK (which will probably be a joke to casual modders). You'd need to edit the XML schema, python code for civilopedia, and stuff that is now hard coded.

That's what I was afraid of.

I tried editing the schema, to try and understand what a <FavoriteCivics> tab was, but it didn't like that either. :(

Top Bottom