Final National and World Wonders

DVS

El Presidente
Ok, there are great ideas for wonders floating around the forum, let's get them all in here and I'll start adding them.

So far...

National Wonders are about finished:
Spoiler :

World Wonders:
Spoiler :

I have a list of about 20 existing wonders that I am in the process of adding. These:

The Bolshoi Theatre in Moskow.
The Semperoper in Dresden.
The Bourla Theatre in Antwerpen.
The Old Opera House in Frankfurt.
BBC Broadcasting House.
White House.
CN Tower.
Big Ben.
Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Olympiastadion 2006.
Arc de Triomphe.
The Gateway Arch.
Sydney Opera House.
Washington monument.
Las Vegas Strip.
Burj Al Arab.
Trafalgar Square.
Hubble Space Telescope. (not sure who should get this)
Wembley stadium.
Olympic stadium. (should go to China I think)
Fa Men Si temple.
Shrine of Imam Reza.

Custom ideas:
1:
Reserve Currency (Dollar -> USA)
+25% Gold in each city
+1 Trade Route in each city with a bank
+2 relationship with civs with free market or a similiar civic
-2 relationship with civs with communistic/state property civics

2:
Secondary reserve currency (Euro -> EU)
+15 % Gold in each city
+1 Trade Route in eacht city with a bank
+1 relationship with civs with free market or a similiar civic
-1 relationship with civs with communistic/state property civics

3:
Burj Dubai- Dubai, UAE
+25% Gold
+2 Trade Routes
City more likely to Generate Great Engineer

4:
Three Gorges Dam- near Yichang, China
Provides power for all cities on this continent

City more likely to generate Great Engineer

5:
Freedom Tower- New York, U.S.
+1 happiness in all cities
-15% maintenance in all cities
City More Likely to Generate Great Engineer

6:
Chicago Spire- Chicago, U.S.
+50% Gold
+1 Happiness

7:
Danyang–Kunshan Bridge- Kunshan, China
+1 rail movement
+25% Production in all cities

8:
Petronas Towers- Kuala Lumpur
+50% Culture
-25% Maintenance
+1 Happiness

Also we need bonus ideas for these two.

Updated: Basically, what we need now are buildable World Wonders that will be unlocked with our tech tree. See page #5, and please post your ideas! Nothing too futuristic, we should try to find things that are likely to be achieved within the next 40 or so years. But, nothing that is already built.

It would be great if one or several of you guys would find existing wonders we can add. Go through the download section, find wonders that currently exist in reality (or could exist in the near future, ie cure for cancer) and would work well with our mod, and post the links here. I'll add them.

For example, assuming the creator is cool with it, I'll take the tar sands and Hockey Night in Canada wonders from the Canada mod, and we'll put them in Calgary and Toronto respectively.

We can add as many of these as we want. Then we can tweak their bonuses to make sure they keep the game on track, existing world wonders especially. For example we'll make the ones that will start out in cities combine to help us recreate the current state of civs' GDP, research, etc etc. Hope that makes sense.

I'm not going to have time to find these myself, but if you guys find them, someone will add them. The more you guys find, the better version 1.0 of the mod will be.

i wqas thinking of these:

Container Terminal
+1 hammers from City
+15% gold from city
+1 Trade Route
Requirements: Must already have Harbour in city.

US\NATO\EU\China\Japan\India start with multiple container ports

DoD\MoD
+1 free upgrade in all new units built.
-5 hammers on cost of all military units to reflect the stream lining of procurement and high efficiency and orginisation.

Central Bank
+15% Gold production from all cities
Requires Bank in all cities and one stock exchange

Starting building for alot of developed countires

Naval Dockyard
Naval units cost 10& less
Naval Units heal 10% faster
+2 hammers
Naval Units constructed in city gain one extra free upgrade
Requirements: City must have a Dockyard and a Harbour

again a stating building (perhaps neccasery to build advanced ship designs?)
or would they be best for normal building?

An existing world wonder we have to include is the Palm Islands in Dubai. If someone wants to figure out bonuses etc for that one I would appreciate it, you guys have that down a lot more than I do.

As far as I can see this idea has been kicked around in other mod forums, but never created. I'd be happy to do the XML and button for this, and I'm going to try to teach myself 3d art, I'll probably make this the first building I try. (assuming no one finds it elsewhere).

yes that's right, you posted those in the other wonders thread, I'll add them. Great stuff.

I will go through that thread later and try to add all the applicable ideas. Thanks a lot for pointing out my laziness. :coffee:

From the features thread:

australia has a motorway system where needed and China is in the process of building a large motorway network.

Yes, but there are some questions here. Saying that Canada should start with the same highway wonder as the USA is very unrealistic. As someone who has a lot of experience on both, trust me.

We have one national highway that goes in a strait line across the country from Vancouver to Newfoundland basically. It is a hodgepodge of different quality highways, some better than others, none as good as any American interstate highway I have ever seen. Then we have good (decent?) highways from major southern cities (major + southern is almost redundant in Canada) to the USA.

Try to go anywhere else (eg 10 minutes north of the north most major city in a province), and you are taking your life in your own hands. Undivided, low quality highways, poorly maintained.

Then on the other hand you have the USA, which has a network of interstate highways that can get you anywhere in the country from anywhere else on huge, highly maintained highways. The difference in highways when you cross the border is a joke basically.

China is doing something like this on an even grander scale. As far as I know though, other highway systems (Canada, UK, Australia), are better than what less developed countries, but not in the same league as what the USA has and what China is building.

However, on a bit of a side note, recently the USA's network has been maintained less and less (bridges started to collapse etc). Not sure how to represent this, we probably can't.

Maybe this is represented simply by the USA having more cities connected, but something tells me there should be more to it. IMO the USA should be the only one to start with this national wonder, and maybe we can have China start with it halfway built or something.

Interested to hear your takes on this.

ok, so NATO and EU should have it too. Some others probably as well, I have no idea which.

Just not Canada, that much I know. We have a ways to go, so having to build a national wonder to catch up is appropriate.

Although, I suppose we could also represent this with just us having less tiles that contain railroads.

On another note, maybe we can make roads relevant again in the modern world, by having this wonder make road tiles closer to being equivalent to railroad tiles in terms of troop movement. That way we don't have to cover nations that have developed infastructure with railroads to give them an advantage over less developed nations. These countries can just have the improved roads, and then railways where they have rail in real life. And then once you build the high speed train national wonder, those improve. This way countries like the USA can have a more developed system than most, but still have room for improvement (like in reality). EU, Japan and others should have an advantage in high speed rail.

In that case, Canada and similar countries should start with the highway wonder.

then we can make it take a lot of turns to improve tiles to railroad

I left out your dockyard sheep, I think that is best as a regular building.

[...] we have to include the Palm Islands in Dubai. If someone wants to figure out bonuses etc for that one I would appreciate it [...]

How about:

Palm Islands - Requires Harbour
(+1 Great Engineer)
+ 1 Population
+ 25% Gold in the city
+ 2 Great Engineers

A few ideas I've had for wonders:

N - Olympic Stadium (+1 Great Artist)
+100% Culture
Colisseum +1 Gold

N -BBC Broadcasting House (+1 Great Artist)
+ 20% Culture
+ 1 Free Artist

W - Secret Service HQ (use Security Beaurea graphic) (+1 Great Spy)
Requires Total Identification
No Anger in this city
+ 100% Espionage in this city
+ 10% Espionage in all cities on the continent

Perfect MasterOfDomain, exactly what we need.

He linked to the existing file in his post. :)

Ahh cool, even better.

I'm not great at finding existing content, and that download was the best I could find. Feel free to update anything I say with links!

no that was perfect, NikNaks just found something to add to it. We're going to use that building + the movie NikNaks found.

Heres a couple World Wonders, all of these are under construction (we can make it so the actual city is producing them in the game)

Burj Dubai- Dubai, UAE
+25% Gold
+2 Trade Routes
City more likely to Generate Great Engineer

Three Gorges Dam- near Yichang, China
Provides power for all cities on this continent

City more likely to generate Great Engineer

Freedom Tower- New York, U.S.
+1 happiness in all cities
-15% maintenance in all cities

Chicago Spire- Chicago, U.S.