Final National and World Wonders

I had already gotten started on world wonders when I took that screenshot. That icon is for Bethlehem. :)

I still have to get those National wonder icons to show up in the right place on that bar. As you guys can see, they are presently in the wrong place (the place of world wonders).

Wow, I cannot wait to play this.

Neither can I, and I'm sure we're not alone!

Great job with the National Wonders plus the Icons for them look great! Keep up the good work guys! Sorry I haven't been able to contribute as much lately, finals are over Thursday and I should be able to contribute a lot more once there over.

P.S. I can't wait to play too! Its gonna be awesome once its finished! :D

Thanks buddy. :)

Ok, just about finished with world wonders. The way I see it, we should try to include all modern wonders that have already been created for civ and are available to us. Here is what I have so far in no particular order, let me know if you can find any others:

The Bolshoi Theatre in Moskow.
The Semperoper in Dresden.
The Bourla Theatre in Antwerpen.
The Old Opera House in Frankfurt.
BBC Broadcasting House.
White House.
CN Tower.
Big Ben.
Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Olympiastadion 2006.
Arc de Triomphe.
The Gateway Arch.
Sydney Opera House.
Washington monument.
Las Vegas Strip.
Burj Al Arab.
Trafalgar Square.
Hubble Space Telescope. (not sure who should get this)
Wembley stadium.
Olympic stadium. (should go to China I think)
Fa Men Si temple.
Shrine of Imam Reza.

This is a decent enough list to start, but I know you guys can find more! Remember, a lot of mods have buildings that aren't in the downloads section. If you find any that are good in other mods, we can always ask if we can use them.

I'll keep this post updated, we'll use it to keep track of who to give credit to.

These are existing ones. In addition to these, we will have new ones that are revealed by our techs, for example, the Electric Car Factory (gives 10 Electric Car resources). Feel free to have a look at our tech tree and suggest others like this as well. Nothing too futuristic, all stuff that predictable; generally being developed in reality.

Also maybe someone wants to go over the list, and post the civ each of these belongs to.

I suspect we will tweak the bonuses of these existing wonders, using them more to help us match up economies to the real world. New wonders will function more like normal.

Weren't we also going to go with some that are already under construction? Here was a list I posted way earlier with ones that are currently under production (though I have no graphics for them).

Burj Dubai- Dubai, UAE
+25% Gold
+2 Trade Routes
City more likely to Generate Great Engineer

Three Gorges Dam- near Yichang, China
Provides power for all cities on this continent

City more likely to generate Great Engineer

Freedom Tower- New York, U.S.
+1 happiness in all cities
-15% maintenance in all cities
City More Likely to Generate Great Engineer

Chicago Spire- Chicago, U.S.
+50% Gold
+1 Happiness
City More Likely to Generate Great Engineer

Danyang–Kunshan Bridge- Kunshan, China
+1 rail movement
+25% Production in all cities

I think these wonders should balance the wonders a little more (because after looking at the list, there seems to be a lot of European wonders). If you want more that are under construction, or that could be built, check out this Wikipedia list

Great, yes, I'll add those as well. Forgot.

Could you come up with bonuses for the Petronas Towers? I'd love to see those in there too. I can't believe no one has done art for them yet. If no one does it by the time I'm done with XML/SDK/testing etc etc etc, that will be one of my first attempted art projects. :)

Great, yes, I'll add those as well. Forgot.

Could you come up with bonuses for the Petronas Towers? I'd love to see those in there too. I can't believe no one has done art for them yet. If no one does it by the time I'm done with XML/SDK/testing etc etc etc, that will be one of my first attempted art projects. :)

IDK about the Petronas, they took over the Sears Tower's (Chicago, my home town :) ) record in 1998, only because they had a massive 200 foot spire on top of the tower. Here is a comparative graph I found:

I wound't really call the Petronas a wonder, mostly because it only got the tallest record because of its giant spires, the Sears Tower was still had a taller roof than the twins did, and the Antennas on top the Sears Tower were still taller than the one on top of the Petronas, though I can't argue that their architecture is still beautiful. Well I digress (thats just my home-town pride getting in the way :D ), it would give Indonesia at least one wonder :).

Oh, oops forgot to post the specs ;)

Petronas Towers- Kuala Lumpur
+50% Culture
-25% Maintenance
+1 Happiness

heh, Sears tower would be a great one too! Hometown pride, that's funny. Both are cooler than anything in my town by a factor of 100. Sears would be only the third one I've seen in person, along with the CN Tower and Vegas. I did the Ferris Bueller thing up against the glass when I was 12.

Actually, now you have brought out my hometown pride. We can't have Winnipeg without a world wonder. I can think of two that would be pretty good:

Esplanade Riel. (scroll down to "The pedestrian bridge")

Canadian Museum for Human Rights- Will make a great World Wonder one day, but it isn't built yet. I will make art for this too if I can learn to do it decently.

The museum is supposed to look like clouds, in case anyone was wondering.

Also, the reason a city like Winnipeg is getting something so big and important (first Canadian national museum outside Ottawa, worlds first human rights museum, coolest thing in WPG by far), is that a local billionaire died.

Looks great, we could either have Winnipeg already building the museum or a future one that other civs (if Canada dosen't get it first) can build if they research a tech, though I don't know which one...

That bridge is also really cool looking... so we could add it.

You know, I've been up the Sears Tower 3 or 4 times now and I never have actually done the Ferris Bueller thing with the window... I'll have to try it some time :D

No, Winnipeg. lol. But I'm serious.

So did you folks in Chicago start building the Spire just because you wanted to beat Kuala Lumpur?

You know, I've been up the Sears Tower 3 or 4 times now and I never have actually done the Ferris Bueller thing with the window... I'll have to try it some time :D

How could you not have?!

The Brandenburg Gate (Berlin, Germany)
The Golden Gate Bridge (San Francisco, USA)
The Sphinx (Giza, Egypt -> Cairo

Here are three I posted that aren't yet in your list. I know the Sphinx isn't a modern wonder but it is still there and it boosts Egypt's tourism. So it has an effect. Thats why I also suggest to include all those wonders from the BTS that still are existing. Although we should modify the stats so they mainly boost gold and culture (representing tourism).

These are:
Ankor Wat (Angkor, Cambodia. -> Phnom Penh)
Apostolic Palace (Rome, Italy)
Broadway (New York, USA)
Chichen Itza (city on yucatán peninsula, mexico)
Cristo Redentor (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
Hollywood (Los Angeles, USA)
Shwedagon Paya (Yangon/Rangoon, Burma)
Notre Dame (Paris, France)
Stonehenge (Amesbury, UK -> Southampton)
The Dai Miao (Tai'an, China)
The Eiffel Tower (Paris, France)
The Great Wall (some northern chinese city)
The Hagia Sophia (Istanbul, Turkey)
The Kashi Wishwanath (Varanasi, India)
The Kong Miao (Qufu, China -> Jinan)
The Kremlin (Moscow, Russia)
The Mahabodhi (Bodh Gaya, India -> Patna)
The Masjid Al-Haram (Mecca, Saudi-Arabia)
The Pentagon (Washington D.C., USA)
The Pyramids (Giza, Egypt -> Cairo)
The Sistine Chapel (Rome, Italy)
The Spiral Minaret (Samarra, Iraq -> Baghdad)
The Statue of Liberty (New York, USA)
The Taj Mahal (Agra, India -> Kanpur or Lucknow)
The Three Gorges Dam (Sandouping, China -> Wuhan)
The United Nations (New York, USA)
University of Sankore (Timbuktu, Mali)
Versailles (Paris, France)

And we should add some of the National Wonders as World Wonders:
Forbidden Palace (Beijing, China)
Hermitage (St Petersburg, Russia)
Moai Statues (Rapa Nui/Easter Island, Chile)
Mt. Rushmore (Keystone, USA -> Omaha)
Oxford University (Oxford, UK)
Red Cross (Geneva, Switzerland)
Wall Street (New York, USA)
West Point (New York, USA)

EDIT: city placement for DVS' list
The Bolshoi Theatre in Moskow. (Moscow, Russia)
The Semperoper in Dresden. (Dresden, Germany -> Berlin)
The Bourla Theatre in Antwerpen. (Antwerpen, Belgium -> Amsterdam)
The Old Opera House in Frankfurt. (Frankfurt, Germany -> Munich)
BBC Broadcasting House. (London, UK)
White House. (Washington DC, USA)
CN Tower. (Toronto, Canada)
Big Ben. (London, UK)
Leaning Tower of Pisa. (Pisa, Italy -> Milan)
Olympiastadion 2006. (Berlin, Germany)
Arc de Triomphe. (Paris, France)
The Gateway Arch. (St. Louis, USA -> Chicago)
Sydney Opera House. (Sydney, Australia)
Washington monument. (Washington DC, USA)
Las Vegas Strip. (Las Vegas, USA -> Los Angeles)
Burj Al Arab. (Dubai, UAE)
Trafalgar Square. (London, UK)
Hubble Space Telescope. (not sure who should get this) (Washingon DC, USA)
Wembley stadium. (London, UK)
Olympic stadium. (should go to China I think) (Beijing, China)
Fa Men Si temple. (Famen, China -> Xi'an)
Shrine of Imam Reza. (Masshad, Iran)

No, Winnipeg. lol. But I'm serious.

So did you folks in Chicago start building the Spire just because you wanted to beat Kuala Lumpur?

How could you not have?!

Because we lost the title for the tallest building twice (first to the Petronas, second to the Taipei 101 in Taiwan, both of those won because their spire was taller than their actual roof), so yeah we wanted to reclaim the title of tallest to the city which invented the skyscraper. Oh, and sadly I just recently saw Ferris Bueller, and I haven't been to the tower since.

Here are three I posted that aren't yet in your list. I know the Sphinx isn't a modern wonder but it is still there and it boosts Egypt's tourism. So it has an effect. Thats why I also suggest to include all those wonders from the BTS that still are existing. Although we should modify the stats so they mainly boost gold and culture (representing tourism).

These are:
Ankor Wat
Apostolic Palace
Broadway
Chichen Itza
Cristo Redentor
Hollywood
Shwedagon Paya
Notre Dame
Stonehenge
The Dai Miao
The Eiffel Tower
The Great Wall
The Hagia Sophia
The Kashi Wishwanath
The Kong Miao
The Kremlin
The Mahabodhi
The Masjid Al-Haram
The Pentagon
The Pyramids
The Sistine Chapel
The Spiral Minaret
The Statue of Liberty
The Taj Mahal
The Three Gorges Dam
The United Nations
University of Sankore
Versailles

And we should add some of the National Wonders as World Wonders:
Forbidden Palace
Hermitage
Moai Statues
Mt. Rushmore
Oxford University
Red Cross
Wall Street
West Point

I was going to go through those world wonders and pick out which ones are still around... thanks, you saved me the trouble. As far as national wonders go, I think only Moai statues, and possible mount rushmore, should be world wonders. I'll explain why.

There is no sense in giving 5 new world wonders to the USA, just because the game used American names for the national wonders. Sure we could change wall street to stock exchange, and west point to military academy, but personally I don't think it's a big enough deal, we should just leave them as is.

Forbidden palace has been renamed "Provisional authority" and remains a national wonder.

If someone wants to figure out which cities each of the wonders your listed starts in, as well as the ones I posted earlier, that would be super.

That list is getting very good, but do we have any potential ones that the player will be able to choose and build in the future? I know the problem of 3D art and whatever else, but naturally we do need something.
If they are needed I'm sure we can pull together and think of a few.

DVS said:
These are existing ones. In addition to these, we will have new ones that are revealed by our techs, for example, the Electric Car Factory (gives 10 Electric Car resources). Feel free to have a look at our tech tree and suggest others like this as well. Nothing too futuristic, all stuff that predictable; generally being developed in reality.

I know there are a lot of posts to read through, I can understand how you would miss this! I have some ideas, feel free to suggest more.

If someone wants to figure out which cities each of the wonders your listed starts in, as well as the ones I posted earlier, that would be super.

NP, I'll start working right now. I'll edit the city names into my earlier post.

Top Bottom