[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

Thank you people for your feedback!

As it seems i become sick at the moment, so I maybe won't update this list today as I normally do.
As soon as I'm back on my feet I'll turn it up again.

So what you can do in the meantime:

Keep posting issues for this list!

Tell Tireaxis and 2K Games about this list!
The more people the louder the voice!

Thanks and have a nice one!

Apologies if this was mentioned but I didn't see it in the first post:

Skipping past the opening cinematic should work just like every other game. The cinematic should close immediately and be replaced with a loading bar, or spinning cursor or whatever. No response until the loading is complete is really bad UI and makes the game look unresponsive - which it is. When I see a loading bar I know the game is loading, but when the cinematic continues for another 30 seconds it looks like the game cannot respond to my inputs and I need to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and shut it down in Task Manager or sit through the whole movie. I pounded my keyboard in frustration several times over this before finally figuring out (here, not anywhere in the game) what it was really doing.

Also, god yes add a clock! And automatic savegame names!

I don't recall Civ 4 being this poor when it was released. Was it?

I have not been able to declare war to Songhai lately due to a peace agreement. It's been much more than 30 years (turns) already and I haven't renewed any agreement during this period (trade, research or open borders). I need an indicator to tell me what needs to be done in order to declare war. It's frustrating.

While some points are good some are not. You obviously haven't found all your options
* Add being able to mouse over a worker and see how long he has left to build something
It does!

*Unit Info Panel: HP bar is easy to miss, Promotions are small, aren't unique and require tooltips to see. No XP bar, Range not listed, too large and nonadjustable size.
There IS an XP bar (but as hard to see as the health bar).

* add a way to move units "en masse": select all unit you want to move together (shift-clicking?) and wherever your mouse point, you see the (transparents) units keeping the formation and adjusting to each tile (must take account of mountain and everything impassable: don't authorize the order or divert unit posing problem). Particulary necessary for overseas movement.
Sorry ... but ... no. Not needed and way to complicated due to different speed, different terrain and movement points neededand impassable terrain.A complete useless feature. Skip it.

Some other suggestions ... I don't think the same. and some are missing.

Missing:
*I want to see what my units upkeep is per unit, not only overall.
*My culture spread to Ice instead to fish ... why?
*Mouseover on Terrain for info: Defence Bonus, movement cost.

Missing:
*I want to see what my units upkeep is per unit, not only overall.
*My culture spread to Ice instead to fish ... why?
*Mouseover on Terrain for info: Defence Bonus, movement cost.

As far as I can tell, unit upkeep is not linear. In the middle of any game, save the game, and start deleting units. Every two units you delete reduces your maintenance, but not by a consistent amount. Seems the more units you have, the more upkeep you pay per unit. Or something like that. (It's still not entirely clear to me.)

The XP bar is useless as this is a strategy game. That kind of at-a-glance info is only useful for decision making in RPGs (an almost full bar means one more battle can get you to the next level, for 1UPT discrete encounters I need exact numbers). A numerical display that doesn't require hovering would be much better, if a little more gamey.

This is a known bug. Saves made by someone with a deluxe game cannot be opened by people with vanilla Civ 5, even if Babylon is not in the game.

I've copied the list in over at 2k here.

I have not been able to declare war to Songhai lately due to a peace agreement. It's been much more than 30 years (turns) already and I haven't renewed any agreement during this period (trade, research or open borders). I need an indicator to tell me what needs to be done in order to declare war. It's frustrating.

I had the same problem with Washington. For some reason, an a-bomb fixed it. :king:

Great list! I have a couple of suggestions, this might have been mentioned already, but I haven't found it in the main list:

1) Embarked units and workboats should be classed as civilians and hence stackable with military navy units for protection
2) It should be possible to move a civilian unit and a military one together - i.e. move the stack at the the same time

I have now seen two different people citing examples of a city state being allied with and at war with a civ at the same time. That probably ought to be on the list.

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but setting production to produce gold is pointless since you make more by building workers then deleting them.

Good list!

I read it & skipped to the end, so some of these may have been discussed, but here's some I think you should add...

- If you have 69+ cities, the game crashes & the Save Game becomes corrupt.

- You can prevent other civ's from building later improvements (Oil, Coal, Aluminim) by stationing one of your workers on their resource (heck, if you could discover Iron Working early enough & had spare workers, you could deny them Iron as well).

- You can Worker-spam & surround an opponent's city with Workers & prevent him from moving out of his city. Multi-Scouts are probably good for this, too.

- Razing cities is way too beneficial. There is no downside ("You razed one of our cities!") & there is no reason to keep 90% of cities you conquer (I'd raze most Capitals if I could).

- If you get into a big Happiness deficit, it's better to ignore it than deal with it.

not sure if anyone posted this but
Issue
American Special Unit Minute Men
Moves at 1 movement point on all tiles.

My issue is that this unit is not receiving movement benefits from roads. If a minute men move along a road it still counts as 1 movement point and they don't receive the movement benefits from using a road
I would like to see 1 movement point on all tiles without a road but with a road the minute men will receive the road movement bonuses

this is a great list!

everything I wanted to point out is in there already.

I could not believe how bad the in-game help & civilopedia is. Even including the manual there is a definite lack of information.

try to look up "roads" in the civilopedia to see what they cost & offer. there's not a lot in it.

and: why can I sign "pacts of cooperation" with other civs when I don't know what that is, it's not mentioned in the manual, nor in the civilopedia.

this is really bad design.

i would like to know how much damage does a city.
in an occ with india my capital has 105 shields but i wasn't able to kill attackers in more that 3-4 shots. now that you can't garrison in a city and attack, it seems that taking cities is too easy. all i need is 2 swordsmen and some knight and city taked.
up the damage from siege and lower the damage from melee units done to cities

- Wealth (ie the option to produce wealth in citys) gives 10% gold of whatever the "hammer" production is. That is basicly nothing and you get more gold by producing a scout and deleting it (20g). :confused:

Great design.....

This is a known bug. Saves made by someone with a deluxe game cannot be opened by people with vanilla Civ 5, even if Babylon is not in the game.

I've copied the list in over at 2k here.

If Firaxis will change EVERYTHING suggested with this list I will for sure kill you for this posting. ;)

* Add being able to mouse over a worker and see how long he has left to build something

This is actually already in the game, but the tooltip takes very long to pop up. I think you can change the wait time in the options though.

Thanks to poncratias for making this list :goodjob:

2) It should be possible to move a civilian unit and a military one together - i.e. move the stack at the the same time

Yes - maybe add a special combat-penalties if this "mini-stack" is ambushed to prevent exploits ( and to make it more historically accurate too ... ). ;)

one way for workers to be able to perform well, is to allow only one of them to build on the same plot, the rest can pass freely and even stay on the same hex. how they all go everywhere on the screen just to pass each other. try to build a road with more workers and you get it

Top Bottom