[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

I do like the idea that happiness buildings are not affected by the production rate of unhappiness. Afterall, it makes some sense that a people would be more enthused about making a new collosseum for themselves.

Excess science doesnt pass to the next tech(from what i can see)
Maybe some likes this but i find it quite annoying as it require quite some microing in your cities so you wont waste anything the turn before you research a tech.

Again some update. (1.5)

Sorry for those lines that i haven't added yet, mostly because they are too subjective, too excessive (try to keep it short and to the point!) or a technical / hardware issue.
I decided not to include technical /hardware issues because they are often more individual problems, and after all there is an own subforum for this.

I tried to keep this list as objective-focused as possible, although there may be some rather subjective parts left in. These are kept in because they are confirmed to be agreed on by the majority of the community.

Attention: If anybody has any idea how to get this list to the developers, please do it!!!

Maybe if everyone of us tells them to take a look at this, they will do it...

Attention: If anybody has any idea how to get this list to the developers, please do it!!!

Maybe if everyone of us tells them to take a look at this, they will do it...

Is anyone here registered on the 2K forums? They could post a link to here titled "from CFC" or something.

You cant change a city name once the city is founded!..add it to the list!!!

Again some update. (1.5)

Sorry for those lines that i haven't added yet, mostly because they are too subjective, too excessive (try to keep it short and to the point!) or a technical / hardware issue
Every entry on the list is subjective; don't let the other poster keep you down or start needlessly filtering Issues.

You cant change a city name once the city is founded!..add it to the list!!!
Yes you can, click edit under the city name on the city screen.

Here's one to add to the list:

The toggle map options should have separate settings for the strategic view and normal view. If I want tile yields on in strat view, they also show up in regular view, so I have to keep toggling every time I switch views.

"1UPT makes it hard to navigate at chokepoints"? What's wrong with that? Use your head, it's supposed to be hard to move an army through a chokepoint, it's takes strategy. Didn't you watch "300"? Use boats if you can. If you have to go one unit at a time, go that way, it gives an advatage to a defender on the other side, and that's how it should be.

Add an option to immeidately reenter diplomacy when a trade deal is up

I like this idea. Heck I wouldn't mind a step further, a quick shortcut that lets me the offer the exact same deal again. This would be nice for a lot of my luxury resource deals which I have no problems repeating a few times.

I can't select a unit that is in a city from the strategic view.

You can, but for some reason you need to be at one of the closest zoom levels. At least for me, the 3 closest zooms worked and anything further out didn't.

Don't see this on the list but: Building and disbanding units gives a higher return of gold than building wealth. There is never any reason to have your city build wealth as a result.

Don't see this on the list but: Building and disbanding units gives a higher return of gold than building wealth. There is never any reason to have your city build wealth as a result.

Really? Did you test this? Cuz if it's true, man...

This issue was mentioned in the list but I'll expand on it.

The 'Next Turn' prompt is shown when some multi-turn moves have not been completed. When next turn is pressed those moves are executed but if the units still have some movement left you are prompted to order them in your current turn (after you've ended your turn). This initially confused me as thought I was on the next turn and started giving the units bad orders. I now know to double-check.

If you are prompted for a unit after hitting next turn and then fight with it, you are still prompted to do something with the unit even though it can't do anything else. You have to click off the unit to get the 'next turn' prompt back.

To spell it out, when the interface is about to show 'next turn' the remaining units with orders should be moved first. Only when all these moves have been resolved, and prompts have been given for all units needing more orders, should the 'next turn' option be shown. Pressing 'next turn' should always end your turn.

Really? Did you test this? Cuz if it's true, man...

You get 10% of hammers back as gold. If you were getting 100 hammers per turn you'd get 10 gold. Alternatively you could build a worker and disband it for 20 gold. I think all other units give 30+ gold, haven't tried them all though. Also haven't tested on other game speeds besides standard, but still, on standard speed building wealth is worse than building a worker/low cost unit and disbanding.

You get 10% of hammers back as gold. If you were getting 100 hammers per turn you'd get 10 gold. Alternatively you could build a worker and disband it for 20 gold. I think all other units give 30+ gold, haven't tried them all though. Also haven't tested on other game speeds besides standard, but still, on standard speed building wealth is worse than building a worker/low cost unit and disbanding.

Jeez, this is one major balance screw up right there.

Since food can be used to make settlers, and with liberty making them 50% cheaper...what's teh food/gold conversion if you disband them?

I haven't seen this one yet, and I think it's a big one:

You can't use mods unless the game is installed to the C drive.

:wallbash:

Awesome.

Wow. I haven't tried mods yet, but this seriously annoys me. Especially since my Steam drive isn't C:\, and it won't even fit there, and there's no option in Steam to change where individual games are installed. Yikes!

I should add that I've played literally thousands of hours into mods in Civ4.

Top Bottom