GO1 - The Tsarina

The newly-proposed roster works for me!

Remember the spawn-busters! No Barb unit can spawn within 2-movement-points worth of range from any other unit, including your units, AIs' units, and even Barb units. Barb Cities have different rules for spawning, but Barb units can be prevented from spawning in this manner. I.e. A Barb unit cannot spawn 2NW of your unit, even if the square that is 2NW of your unit is hidden within the fog of war.

Ok, here we go

Turn 1: Our scout kills a Lion
Turn 2: Nothing
Turn 3: There's some fish discovered around those pigs to the east...
Turn 4: Another wine is found nearby the 4 other wine resources
Turn 5: Our scout stops to heal. The worker builds a farm.
Turn 6: *Yawn*
Turn 7: *Yawn Again*
Turn 8: Settler finished. Boat of the Work is started :p
Turn 9: Scout is done healing
Turn 10: Judaism is founded somewhere
Turn 11: Yoshiville is founded!!! Dun Dun Dun Dun Duuuuuuun!!!

Uneventful turnset :p. Next person, please :D

Attachments

• The Tsarina (Yoshi's Turnset).CivBeyondSwordSave
    58 KB · Views: 63
Okay, got the save.

I marked possible city spots on our island;

(Ignore the sign southeast of the double-clams one)

EDIT -

Okay, I played my ten turns.

T1: Nothing much, looked around, decided to go, after BW, Wheel -> Sailing (to explore the island to the SE of our capital & get coastal trade routes)
T2:Qeu'd up a settler after our workboat in Moscow, it's going to head to the now-revealed copper SW of Moscow.
T3: Switched to slavery.
T4: Yoshiville expands
T9: Grabbed the Wheel, Sailing next
T10: Settler is in place for Copper City. Have a worker & settler qeu'd in Moscow and a warrior heading to the southern peninsula/isthmus to fogbust.

Attachments

• Mosher's Turnset.CivBeyondSwordSave
    67.7 KB · Views: 57
Adding new roster to OP now.

EDIT: The first image was a broken link earlier, so these comments apply to the second image:
Of the two "C" City locations, I prefer the NW one, on the Plains Hills square.

If we really wanted, we could make 2 Cities out of it by moving the NW one 1W and the SE one 1N.

I realized shortly after I took that screenshot that the plains hill was by far the most superior one, which is why I put the "ignore that C" comment in.

To be absolutely honest, I think that we have a much better use for the Scout than sending him that far south to explore. He'll likely be going on a suicide mission and will encounter a Bear or a Barb Warrior.

I would rather see us using the Scout to spawn-bust.

"Well, what does that mean?"

It means, let's put him on the Plains Forest square that is NW + N of the "Future C" sign (SW + S of the Grassland Jungle Dye).

"But, what's the point?"

The point is to reduce new Barbarian units from spawning in that area of the map. That means we will see less Barb Warriors and less Barb Archers appearing to the north of our capital.

"Oh yeah, I like the sounds of that. Let's do it."

Our scout got killed enroute to the south.

RS? You here? :p

Sorry, skip me.

OK, done. Ignore the reply to the PM I sent you.

OK. Red Spy moved to #7 on request.

I had a look at the save and have a few thoughts:

I personally prefer the spot I dotted on the SS below as the proposed site has no seafood and is giving up 2 wines for the coastal tile:

This placement, imho, can make this city an economic powerhouse.

I assume we decided to forego Oracle?

I also have some thoughts on the proposed Southerly spots and will outline those in another post. As posted earlier, I'd like to know if we are going for TGL?

The citizen management in Moscow was rather, um, surprising. The worker there was due in eight and with a little bit of shuffling, I brought it down tremendously. This is mainly because, for reasons unknown to me, citizens were working unimproved tiles.

I am by no means at all an expert and don't mean to criticize but I am wondering why this happened.

Top Bottom