Greater Europe - People of the Old World

Other progress - I think I'm currently failing on the map, but I have an icon for the Concert Hall. If anyone can have a go at the LH or the map, then that would be greatly appreciated!

There's a poster named LadyDuckington who has an unhealthy map-making obsession. Maybe she'll be willing to help you out.

If LadyDuckington's map obsession happens to spill onto the thread, then I'd be delighted to take up her offer :p Though I don't know what Tarcisio's going to think of me depriving him of his job.

Assuming the map's not been started, splitting it into the separate regions (Austria, Hungary and the State of Slovenes, Croats and Serbs) would be pretty cool.

Should I post this here? Ya i'm posting this here
Spoiler :

Couldnt stop laughing after noticed his medals looked like pokemon

Franz Joseph, I choose you! :D

Anyway, leaderscreen is awesome, as always. If there's anything I could suggest, it's to surface blur the figure a bit more (his face especially, the rest of the figure is more or less fine). Seriously though, fantastic work.

Also, now we have a choice - do we fire Tarcisio for being too awesome, or get him to do the map? :p

Anyway, leaderscreen is awesome, as always. If there's anything I could suggest, it's to surface blur the figure a bit more (his face especially, the rest of the figure is more or less fine)

I just can't get away with it, can I?

Here it is:
Spoiler :

no really, click the image

Also, now we have a choice - do we fire Tarcisio for being too awesome, or get him to do the map? :p
:p

I cannot tell you how much I love that map. However, I have an issue with the territory going off the sides slightly - I don't suppose you could try copying in the missing territory? I can do it if that sounds like too much hard work, though it seriously looks fantastic as it is.

(Also, Tarcisio made a map? Updated LH looks fantastic anyway. I'll also assume that was a Franz Ferdinand reference. :p)

Edit: remembered that we still need a civ icon, if anyone wants to have a go at that.

I cannot tell you how much I love that map. However, I have an issue with the territory going off the sides slightly - I don't suppose you could try copying in the missing territory? I can do it if that sounds like too much hard work, though it seriously looks fantastic as it is.

(Also, Tarcisio made a map? Updated LH looks fantastic anyway. I'll also assume that was a Franz Ferdinand reference. :p)

The original map itself is an issue, the maps in Civ 5 are in portait dimensions while most maps online are in landscape, so sometimes I have to spin the map to to fit all of it in or strech it.

Streching it usually messes it up while spining it or leaving it the way it is leaves some places completely empty.

So unless the map itself is right I have to either draw the rest of the map which would be a disaster or put something over the holes.

If anyone has a better map to use as a base I could make it better. I assumed that he made a map, or didn't he?

EDIT: I could do an icon, but what should I use for it?

Well, I didn't cut off so much, it were the mere borders of the empire, no citis were on the map either.

If you are not Ok with it I understand, I just lack skills in drawing and don't know how to cover the rest up.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

BG: #485420
Icon: #740c0c

I can always change the colors

The icon is really nice! :D However, I don't suppose you could change it up so it only displays the crown? The reason for that is the eagle was stolen by vanilla Austria. Thanks for the colour hex codes as well; they look great, and I'll get them coded in when I compile it (which could be fairly shortly). All that really remains then is to poke someone for Lua (and to think that close to everything has been done in the space of a few hours). Anyway, huge thanks to COF and Tarcisio!

Sorry for taking so long, and seems like COF made the map first :run:

Well, here's my version.

biggur

edit: btw I can help with the code too, if you want.

edit2: HOW IS THE EMPIRE'S NAME WRITTEN?

Noes, I don't know what to use now. I could include both (already got a DoM for COF's version), and then put in *whatever people seem to want most* for default. The art styles are just so unique that they're nigh-on impossible to compare. :(

Tarcisio, would you be alright helping out with the Lua? I could also annoy a certain Kiwi whose name sounds like that of an American president for code. :p

edit2: HOW IS THE EMPIRE'S NAME WRITTEN?

Austro-Hungarian.

Tarcisio, would you be alright helping out with the Lua? I could also annoy a certain Kiwi whose name sounds like that of an American president for code. :p

I'd rather give the design some thought before coding it myself. So if you'd rather that, then I shall do as much. But if you're content with your current design, I'm sure others are capable enough to code it up.

Sure, i'd love to help.

Fixed map: http://imgur.com/8AxzhIM,H9AYF2q

Thanks for the assistance with the code! If you could classify the stuff in the plan as XML, Lua that can be easily done by yourself or me (though mostly you :p) and Lua that needs taking advantage of someone else's superior talents, then it would be much appreciated. :p

And you fix the map right after I do the DoM? Really? :rolleyes:

(Jokes aside, what did you actually change? Just if it's worthwhile updating the DoM or not.)

Edit: Got it, updating DoM now.

How about this?
Spoiler :

Nice map btw. I would be fine with either map being used.

That looks great, thanks! :D I'll try to use both maps with instructions on how to enable either one.

I'd rather give the design some thought before coding it myself. So if you'd rather that, then I shall do as much. But if you're content with your current design, I'm sure others are capable enough to code it up.

Of course - I'm just not too sure how many amazingly complex mechanics are in it, given Tarcisio was unsure about part of it. Though if you say so, I shall do so.

(Jokes aside, what did you actually change? Just if it's worthwhile updating the DoM or not.)

Named it Austrian-Hungarian Empire instead of Austro-Hungarian Empire

If you could classify the stuff in the plan as XML, Lua that can be easily done by yourself or me (though mostly you ) and Lua that needs taking advantage of someone else's superior talents, then it would be much appreciated.
I'm pretty sure the whole lua code is easy, the only problem would be if Firaxis had gone mad and forgotten to add things like setting a We Love the King Day.

I'm 99% sure starting a "We Love the King Day" is possible with Lua, though I have no idea how to code it. I'll do what I can with the XML, though.
Ah HA! Semirelevant contribution time go!

Tomatekh did something of this like in his Kievan' Rus mod (or at least the G&K v 17 version that I downloaded a while ago, which I am almost certain is severely outdated by now) as the UB effect; maybe you could extract something useful from it:

Spoiler :
Code:
local bVECHE = GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_KIEVAN_RUS_MOD;
local bWELOVE = GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_KIEVAN_RUS_KING_DAY_DUMMY_BUILDING;

GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(
function(iPlayer)
	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer];
	if (pPlayer:IsAlive()) then
		if (pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_KIEVAN_RUS_MOD) then
			for pCity in pPlayer:Cities() do
				if (pCity:GetNumBuilding(bVECHE) > 0) then
					if (pCity:GetWeLoveTheKingDayCounter() == 19) then
						pCity:SetNumRealBuilding(bWELOVE, 1)
					end
					if (pCity:GetWeLoveTheKingDayCounter() == 1) and (pCity:GetNumBuilding(bWELOVE) > 0) then
						pCity:SetNumRealBuilding(bWELOVE, 0)
						pCity:ChangeWeLoveTheKingDayCounter(10)
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end
end)

It seems to revolve around the functions City.GetWeLoveTheKingDayCounter and City.ChangeWeLoveTheKingDayCounter. Bear in mind that the ultimate result of this code is that WLTKDs in the city in which the UB is built are extended by 50%.

Top Bottom