Strange sound Bog...

whatever_du

Chieftain
Since I have installed C3C I had a little bug that come sometimes...
It happens, sometimes, that the game will just crash telling me that a sound... like ''Knight_Death.wav'' Can't be found... or something like that .... then I go see in the sound repertory and the sound is wrongly spells like ''Knigth_death'' or something like that .... I changed the sound has the game crash and then it didn't happens anymore after I had changed the sounds ... until I get a New UU who'S wrongly speels like recently ... I had the bug coming back as I played the french for the first time and the musketeer_attack was spell musketter_attack..... Am I the only one experiencing this bug ?

maybe you want to uninstall everything, and then reinstall? That might help.

Doesn't sound like a c3c problem. Did you apply the 1.29 patch for Civ3? Do have ptw installed? US version?

Have a look in your Civ3 ...arts/units folder, and see if you have a Helicopter Run.wav (spaces!). If yes, copy/rename it to HelicopterRun.wav, or that will be the next crash to encounter...

The reason behind is: This (among others) was a bug in Civ3, that was fixed by the very first patches - which are hardly available anymore. The 1.29 patch fixes everything else.
Installing ptw US version also updates Civ (to 1.17?) (and fixes it)- but the non-US versions don't seem to do so :crazyeye:

Top Bottom