Cheap ways to get Civ V Complete.

lindsay40k

Emperor
My Windows-using friend recommends this as a way to get the lot for a third of Steam's price. Has anyone used this site, and can anyone confirm if this purchase would get me everything listed for Mac as well as PC? This site does say 'Gold Edition' and on Steam the everything pack is called 'Complete'...

Contributions on other cheap, legal sources of Civ V in general are of course most welcome :)

I have no idea whether it's a genuine offer, but if it is, then the Steam key will get you both Mac and Windows versions. Gold editions are not always the full package. They sometimes come out before the latest enhancement pack and don't include it. Check that it has everything, or that adding the missing bits doesn't wipe out the price advantage.

Sites like that are usually gray-market sites, where they buy the keys from some country where they're a lot cheaper and then resell them in the US/EU for a nice profit.

Sites like that are usually gray-market sites, where they buy the keys from some country where they're a lot cheaper and then resell them in the US/EU for a nice profit.

Hmm, that makes me raise an eyebrow. That sort of shenanigans was more trouble than it's worth with consoles. Though with no regional lockout and universal software that supports loads of languages, rather than different versions for each region, I guess it should be ok...

All things considered, I feel more confident with this... decent seller rating, paypal protection, and the product description exactly matches the Steam bundle. Think I'll drop some cash into my 'buying things on the Internet' account and treat myself :)

I agree with NASAROG, the Steam sales are the way to go.

When I got the Civ 5 GOTY edition all the DLC pack prices were slashed to like $3 each, it was a crazy sale and I ended up paying less than half of what it would have cost if I paid full price.

I waiting on the next Steam sale for BNW, but does anyone have experience with the boxed version of the expansions? Given that Steam is cross platform, is there a code that comes with the PC box that works in OS X?

Currently, Amazon is selling the PC-DVD boxed edition for $16 but the PC and Mac download versions are $30!

As far as I know anything relating to Civ5 that you buy outside the Mac App Store comes with a Steam activation code, so it should be compatible with both Mac and Windows versions.

Top Bottom