Game stalls computer for 3 minutes after exiting

Elliot

Warlord
Does anyone else have this problem? My computer will stall, even the clock freezes, for 2 minutes after I exit the game. Actually, the clock turns back on after 2 minutes and then my computer is still stalled for another 90 seconds. Then my computer turns back to normal and its all better. Maybe its my lacking 2 gigs of ram but this game just trashes my system.

What are your other specs? Though 2gigs of RAM probably won't help...

Sounds like it. You're better off POWER OFF-BOOT UP than quitting CiV with that memory spec.

Intel Core&2 Duo T7500 (2.2GHz/800Mhz FSB/4MB cache)
graphics card is a GeForce 8600M GT

Its 3 years old but it meets the minimums. I don't expect it to run well but I also don't expect it to stall the computer for 4 minutes after I exit.

use ctrl+shift+esc end task

I found out a way to alleviate the problem. I play in strategic view 90% of the time so when I exit the game, I press escape to bring up the menu and then exit to windows. Pressing escape will switch back to regular view though, forcing the computer to redraw all of the 3d graphics. When I clicked on the menu button in the upper right corner of the screen instead, the game didn't stall as much. About 30 seconds after exiting, my computer was back to normal.

Check to see if you can upgrade the RAM to 4GB. If you find something cheap it will be worthwhile (and not just for Civ 5).

Top Bottom