Civilization 5 grey map, please help!

braytholomew

Chieftain
okay so I have civilization 5 on my macbook pro, and i know that everyone will say that it's because of that, but it used to work! I really need help here's a picture of it. :confused: everything works right up until you start the game, it works with all the menu's, but then the rest is grey, i'm begging you guys, I REALLY need help, i'm at a loss. :(

Attachments

• Civilization.png
    Civilization.png
    247.5 KB · Views: 156
Moderator Action: Moved to tech support.

Please give us some infos about the hardware in your computer, then we'll look further (because i just have the suspicion that your graphics card might just be to weak).

And welcome to CFC :).

Your issue is somewhat similar to something I've got when I Alt-tab, seems to be related to the game failing to refresh the graphics.
Are your Video drivers up to date?

my processor is 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory is 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, and I have NVIDIA GeForce 320M. And I don't know if my video drivers are up to date :S how do you know?

my processor is 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory is 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, and I have NVIDIA GeForce 320M.

The 320M is a weak card, it's probably having problems with filling the screen with the right textures (so Sjru is right). If you haven't turned down all the settings, then this is what i would suggest: Minimal settings.

And I don't know if my video drivers are up to date :S how do you know?

:lol:
With that question, i'm just guessing that they are not (because the drivers are updated every month, or so [that's a rather guessed random time frame, but could fit]).
Just install the newest one, it will cause no harm. You can find all the graphics card drivers here, just choose the right one for your model.

Oh and thanks The_J ! this site's pretty sweet :D

Nice to hear, thanks :).

Well none of that worked , so tommorow i'm gonna buy the windows version, and play it with bootcamped windows 7!

Top Bottom