Music in Gods and Kings

I dont think anybody has mentioned this but, we are getting a new era, (I think its enligthment era), it brings the next question:

Is every civs getting a new song for the new era?

I hope so :)

I dont think anybody has mentioned this but, we are getting a new era, (I think its enligthment era), it brings the next question:

Is every civs getting a new song for the new era?

I hope so :)

No. There is no era-specific music in Civ 5.

Each leader has two songs, a Peace theme played during peace-times and War theme played in war times.

The background are also culture specific, there's an European, Asian, American and and African music.

No. There is no era-specific music in Civ 5.

Each leader has two songs, a Peace theme played during peace-times and War theme played in war times.

The background are also culture specific, there's an European, Asian, American and and African music.

man... havent played Civ 5 in so long, I think I better get back at it before the expansion comes out :lol:

I mean that Ottomans, Persians, Babylonians, Arabians, Songhai, Egyptians share the same music set which is called Middle East and Africa, but is mainly Middle Eastern music.

For the Civs which have unknown musical themes at the moment,

I would like for the Celts to have music from the medieval age, though I'm fine with modern Celtic music

The Mayan themes should be better than the one they had in Civ4. (the farting noises...)

Netherlands will prolly have the national anthem

Byzantine should have a medieval Christian choir

as for the music sets, it seems like it will be this:
Maya (Amerindian music)
Ethiopia (Middle East and Africa)
Carthage (Middle East and Africa)
Huns (European)
Austria (European)
Celts (European)
Byzantines (not too sure, European?)
Netherlands (European)
unknown civ (???)

I'm really curious about Attila's music since the Huns weren't really into music (not being insensitive)....wondering if it will be european or asian themed :)

What kind of theme should Gustavus Adolphus have? The Swedish national anthem? Or something else?

It will be this

No, I never tire of running Girl with the Dragon Tattoo jokes into the ground :p

On a more serious note, I'm sure it'll be based on something like the Swedish national anthem.

I'm really curious about Attila's music since the Huns weren't really into music (not being insensitive)....wondering if it will be european or asian themed :)

You get to hear both of the tunes in the PAX Demo, he meets Attila and plays Attila during war (and since they haven't changed the rules, Attila's war theme plays when you re-load a game during wr time)

The Hun's - Anywhere I roam, by Metallica
Mayans - The Time of the season, by the zombies

Are any other civ's music based on any national anthems?

To be honest I can't recall any civs music being based on their national anthems. It's usually popular song, historically important or famous pieces of music. National anthems aren't a good choice IMO since they represent the a nation and it's current from of government rather than the entire civilization, like for example the current Russian anthem wouldn't suit the Russian civ as it's representative of the current Republic and the USSR but wouldn't fit pre 1917 Russia.

I'm Guessing The Netherlands will have the Wilhelmus,Seeing it refrences Willem Van Oranje.

I sure hope not!
That's our national anthem and I don't like the idea of national anthem's being the Civs theme music. Apart from that, it's not a terribly nice sounding one, unfortunately.
Though anything is better than that horrible carnival/circus sounding music the Dutch had in Civ IV :(

I can't think of what it actually will end up being for the Dutch though...

Top Bottom