Term II - Commune of Foreign Affairs

Well it will depend upon what time we can work out, because i will need some back up since i do not actually have the game woking, so it is important that someone else is with me.
How does 4pm GMT Friday sound?

EDIT. if there is no disagreement, then can someone please send a message to them about the proposed time.

I also can't chat and don't understand why these things can't be done by email. If they really had something to say they could have typed it and we could have exchanged numerous emails by now.

Dear Fanaticans,

the reply below was received just fine, our team address has always worked so far.

The Gamecatcher Alliance also wishes you happy holidays, even if it is rather unclear what exactly everyone seems to be celebrating (no Christianity). ;)
We are always open for a chat, however our internationality does restrict our times of availability rather heavily. That is why we prefer to keep communication on the email level.
If you want a chat, just suggest a place and time (MSN might be the quickest way) and we will see whether we have someone who can attend. Afternoons and evenings GMT are usually the best option.
Regards

Gamecatcher Alliance

New save too!

While I do not think a formal alliance with any team will be of much use to us now I do think we should make a concerted effort to make friends with everyone. While we do not yet have the ability to make any deals in game we should none the less make frequent and friendly contact with other teams, without being annoying. Just keeping ourselves in their minds as friendly will go a long way toward preventing a conspiracy against us.

Dear Batracheros,

While our past dealings held much promise we can no longer wait for you to research Alphabet and so are begining to research the techs needed for it. I do hope that we can return to the spirit of friendliness and trust that we shared not to long ago. Are you still interested in open borders or resource trading? Shall we try again to coordinate research; we still have Iron Working available for trade?

May we grow in mutual prosperity,
Team CFC

Dear Yellow Destiny,

We are happy to receive your friendly greeting. Without communication what else can there be but mistrust and suspicion, so we apologize for our poor past attempts and hope that this exchange may spark a renewed effort on both our parts.

A promising first step would be a border agreement and non-aggression pact just as you propose. These issues are being discussed now and we hope to propose a formal treaty soon.

Farewell,
Team CFC

Dear Nibelungen,

We hope that you will accept our tardy seasons greetings and hope that the new year will bring many more pleasant exchanges for us both.

Happy New Years,
Team CFC

Dear COG,

We hope that you will accept our tardy seasons greetings and hope that the new year will bring many more pleasant exchanges for us both.

Happy New Years,
Team CFC

Please suggest any changes or improvements to the above messages.

Dear Yellow Destiny,

We are happy to receive your friendly greeting. Without communication what else can there be but mistrust and suspicion, so we apologies for our anemic past attempts and hope that this exchange may spark a renewed effort on both our parts.

A promising first step would be a border agreement and non-aggression pact just as you propose. These issues are being discussed now and we hope to propose a formal treaty soon.

Farewell,
Team CFC

We apologize

anemic?
Anemic: Relating to anemia, the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin in the blood.

We might want to have something easier :p

"poor" instead of "anemic".

anemic is sorta right but they may not get the intended meaning since they do not speak common "incorrect English". ( what word am I looking for..colloquial english)

Thank you, fixed.

The BAT one, i think should be phrased more like 'we can no longer wait for you to finish researching alphabet so we are beginning to research the techs needed for it'

If they think we already have all the techs and the techs from the bottom of the tree then they may be unwilling to trade in the future.

anemic is sorta right but they may not get the intended meaning since they do not speak common "incorrect English". ( what word am I looking for..colloquial english)

Informal?

I think our messages should be as easy and grammatically correct as possible, as there are many not native speakers in this game, like me :p.

Dear Batracheros,

While our past dealings held much promise we can no longer wait for you to research Alphabet and so are begining to research the techs needed for it. I do hope that we can return to the spirit of friendliness and trust that we shared not to long ago. Are you still interested in open borders or resource trading? Shall we try again to coordinate research; we still have Iron Working available for trade?

I fear we are jumping to concusions here. Why not hear them out on what they are researching and what they have researched sofar, before we throw it in their face? There is no need to tell them that we can no longer wait, it is unnecessarily hostile and probably slams the door on future cooperation. Also, this will be seen by BAT as deal-breaking - whatever that deal is, this is still unclear to me.

Dear Yellow Destiny,

We are happy to receive your friendly greeting. Without communication what else can there be but mistrust and suspicion, so we apologize for our poor past attempts and hope that this exchange may spark a renewed effort on both our parts.

I would not mention the words "mistrust" and "suspicion" - they will read between the lines. Do we want to take the initiative on the treaty? With the letter phrased like this, they will wait for our proposal. Alternatively, we could say we're interested and invite them to provide more details.
Apologies for trivia make us look timid or frightened. And btw, "first step" to what?

Dear Nibelungen,

A bit timid ("hope", "tardy"), and lacking in content - if I were on their team I would wonder why we received this message. Do we not want to send them something more substantial? GWT spoke about tech trades lately, do we wish to enter negotiations on that? Or perhaps a nonaggression treaty.

Same for COG.

Top Bottom