Term 3. Welcome to the Foreign Ministry.

GCA said:
Dear Team CFC,

it has been a while, but we hope that your civilization also enjoys the
friendly coexistence of our nations with trade flourishing between our
cities.

As you have noticed, we have discovered Alphabet and have enjoyed
profitable trades will all teams around. The only exception which we
regret, is your team. Unfortunately, you did not have anything to offer
us, although maybe you are interested in agreeing on a trade of whatever
new technology you are researching now.
If you have any suggestion, feel free to tell us anytime.

Another issue is your recent settling of our peninsula. We are
interested in your position on what you intend to gain by such close
borders. From our point of view, all it does is increase tensions, and
with our cultural ability, the people in your outpost may not be too happy.
We have also noticed that you are shipping offensive military units to
this outpost. We do not want to restrict your defenses at any point, but
you must understand that these units pose a clear threat to our nation,
and to all who we call close friends!
We ask you to clarify the intention you have with these units and prefer
if you withdraw them from the vicinity of our territory.
Should you intend to misuse our trust and friendly coexistence, and
betray all the treaties we have signed, be warned that all you will
achieve is the weakening of both our nations. Such an action would also
isolate your nation, as we have friendly, close relations to all teams
and even closer to several others. And without any partners that trust
you, no team can survive this world and advance to the next one.
Of course, these words of warning are only valid of you have any
malicious intent.

Regards

GCA

we could do with this being diffused. Just say something like they are there for protection etc. However we obviously cannot withdraw them.

Call it paranoia, but this smells suspicious somehow

We *could* suggest that since we haven't been very close as of late, we've been paranoid, and the proximity to their nation and therefore their military led us to feel extra defenses were necessary.

Of course, that could also be a very dumb idea.

We need to make sure we're on very good terms with the rest of our collective neighbors, GCA claims (questionable?) they have local influence, and it would be a very bad if they pulled someone else in against us.

Maybe say to the other teams that GCA is threatening our territory, especially the city Victory, and asking for their support, even if not military, at least diplomatically.

How about this.
There is a reason why we are not talking trades, because the tech we are working is a tech that we do not want to be trading away at the moment we get it. We want to get full benefit of this tech before we will even consider trading it.

That is just a start, since I am a bit tired from earlier tos=day, after the surgery.

Tell them we are researching MC and we'd be glad to make a trade for it. We can drag the details on that for at least 10-15 turns.

I agree with BC. drag it out...:)

As for there threats..lets just kill them to shut them up. We make sure as I suggested before that we let all the teams know when we attack. ALSO if anyone is getting cold feet on attacking....they basically have stated that they are friends with everyone and we are isolated. So we have nothing to lose than to attack them now at a time of our choosing.

We wait and that allows their friends(if they exist) to launch an attack on us.

EVG said:
Greetings and best wishes to CFC,

First, my apologies for not getting a response to you in a more timely manner. We value your friendship and do not wish to insult you by not responding promptly. However, we might avoid these communication glitches if you use proper diplomatic channels. Please address any messages to rking@kingsnet.ca AND to evgteam.isdg@gmail.com You can be assured that we will keep our communications with you at a top priority.

Now, to answer your question: You asked us about where we are located. You can find us to the southeast of GOG and to the southwest of GWT. It is quite a distance so you can expect to be travelling that direction for a number of turns before you encounter our borders. It is not a trip for the faint of heart but, should you choose to embark on the journey, we would be glad to welcome you in a manner appropriate to your nation's stature.

this was sitting in the inbox- not much use for anything really.

CH any further with selling MC to people? top of the list has to be alphabet so we can trade it nationwide if need be. Also a non trade on of MC clause.

Message to EVG said:
Greetings

Shortly we should have Metal casting and we notice that you have alphabet so would you be interested in making a trade for metal casting, we also think we have finally come across your borders so hopefully this can lead to an era of prosperity for us all! We would be interested to know also whether you had, had any difficulties when dealing with other teams?

Regards
BCLG
President of the Fanatican Nation

Message from GCA said:
Just a quick OOC (out of character) inquiry of whether you have received
our last mail.

If you want to ignore us in-game, fine. But please let me know if you
still receive our mails ok, you never know with all these filters and
spam these days.
Thanks

Lucky

message back said:
OOC also, I was under the impression that our foreign minister had got back to you about it. Basically the troops we have there are just a garrison which we have to have there as its a seperate island and would take time to strengthen if the need arose.
Further we notice you have Alphabet, we should have metal casting within the upcoming turns, we were curious whether you would be interested in trading it?
My apologies for not *sprucing* the message up, also did think classical hero had got back to you and therefore sorry for the impoliteness.

Regards
BCLG

message to BAT said:
Greetings

We were curious as to how far you were coming along to getting alphabet, the time is coming where we can no longer put off not trading another team for it, we have quite a few techs to offer you in turn for it if you wish?

Regards
BCLG

message to COG said:
Greetings the proud Germanic Nation

We notice we finally have a trade route between our two great civilisations and have noticed you have excess ivory, we were wondering whether you'd be able to share your bounty with us? Further soon we hope to be able to trade techs and we were interested whether you would have anything/ willing to offer anything for metal casting?

On a related note, we noticed a few turns ago that you had a galley in our territory, we were curious whether we would be able to buy said galley from you? Have you noticed any difficulty when dealing with other teams also, some teams seem to be more willing than others to trade with us, Fanatica hopes the game is going well for you :)

Regards
BCLG

Spruced up the foreign office a little bit, i think the only one i didnt send too was GWT.

EVG said:
Greetings Team CFC,

Thank you for considering us for a technology trade. I am happy that you have safely arrived at our borders and I hope your journey was without incident and free from hardship. Now, about your offer... I will bring your message to our leadership. We will respond as soon as we have given it due consideration. I am sure this is what you so wisely expected by giving us advance notice. Also, being the ambassador only to your team, I am, alas, unaware of our dealings with other teams. This is something I will have to investigate before I can give you a response.

You can expect a reply within a short period of time.

Kingpin of Team Stg / EvG

Got that back before.

GCA said:
Dear CFC,

thank you for your helpful and cooperative reply and actions.
We are always interested in trading technologies so we are of course very willing to discuss any trade you may have to offer.
Metal Casting surely is a technology of interest to us, so we may consider an exchange.

Please pass on our best wishes to your ambassador for his health as well.
Regards

GCA

classical_hero and Team CFC,

Currently we are getting along fine with most other nations. We have had a couple minor communication issues in the past with BAT and GCA, but have most of that sorted out now. We would be interested in knowing whether your team has had any difficulties in dealing with other nations.

As far as the trade proposal, I must ask you for more time to consider it. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

On a personal note, classical_hero, I hope you are soon returned to good.

Kingpin

ok so we give EVG a bit of time to come up with a proposal, if they havnt by the time we're 4 turns away from completion then we send them one ourselves, what we dont get from EVG we want to get from GCA- alpha and math are key techs. Both deals should also include a non trade on clause.

We got this from BAT before

BAT said:
Dear CFC Team,

We should be able to trade technologies with you in a few turns. It could be a good occasion to define together the new technologies that our two teams will search.

Best Regards,

BAT Nation

Sent them a quick note back asking whether this meant they were actually getting alphabet and just what techs they had so we could do an adequate swap.

Talked with kingpin
Kingpin says:
Are you there?
Simon says:
hey
Kingpin says:
How are you?
Simon says:
im pretty good, got an exam tomorrow, otherwise id have said hello before when you added me
Kingpin says:
No problem. Real life is more important. I won't keep you long.
Simon says:
how are you anyways?
Kingpin says:
Pretty good. Just got the kids in bed.
Simon says:
ah right what timezone are you in?
Simon says:
cos if your UK thats one late bed time
Kingpin says:
EST (GMT -5)
Simon says:
ah ok then
Simon says:
so whats up then?
Simon says:
if you dont mind me being blunt
Kingpin says:
I want to have a brief chat about a trade.
Kingpin says:
I'm wondering if there is anything else we can trade to you other than Alphabet
Simon says:
well you are quite a few techs ahead of us
Kingpin says:
That's all news to me because I never see the save games.
Simon says:
lol
Simon says:
from memory, you have hunting, myst, alpha, math, and then more
Simon says:
though quite what i cannot say for definate
Kingpin says:
Perhaps you guys do it differently, but I am no privy to that info
Kingpin says:
You see, here's the issue... we traded for alphabet on the condition we do not trade it to other nations... I don't know why we agreed to such a condition, but our leaders did.
Simon says:
well everyone has access to the save on cfc and i give general updates every turn
Simon says:
ah
Kingpin says:
So if we were to give it to you, we'd have an angry neighbour.
Simon says:
do you mind me asking who?
Kingpin says:
Well... I don't exactly have clearance to tell you...
Kingpin says:
But what the heck... it's GCA
Simon says:
lol we did assume that
Simon says:
especially as they had alphabet first
Simon says:
though we thought it could be the team that we hadnt met
Kingpin says:
lol. from what I've seen, you've got a group of very good players.
Kingpin says:
It doesn't surprise me that you figured that out
Simon says:
must be hiding then because ive somehow managed to play the first near 100 turns based on the fact i have most posts i think
Kingpin says:
lol. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of relations do you have with other nations? You never did answer that.
Simon says:
sorry about that but we were waiting for a reply in relation to the whole tech trade thing, it seemed a bit rude to send a quick note back saying how it was but then repeating what did you want to trade
Simon says:
we havn't met one nation yet
Simon says:
We've had a bit of difficulty speaking with some of the non english speaking teams- mainly BAT but we think thats mainly a language barried
Simon says:
*barrier
Kingpin says:
really...
Simon says:
from memory yes, i think its the one with buddhism-cant remember which that is
Kingpin says:
I have no idea.
Simon says:
i'll fire up the game
Kingpin says:
ok... as long as I'm not keeping you too long from your studies.
Simon says:
i'll probs go to bed after our chat so this'll take my mind off the inner workings of the armenian massace/spanish inquisition/balkan wars 1,2,3
Kingpin says:
Sounds exciting
Simon says:
it is and thats why i do history for a degree but it strangely isnt if you HAVE to learn it if that makes sense?
Kingpin says:
It makes sense.
Simon says:
whats your teams stance with the teams btw?
Kingpin says:
Not sure what you mean...
Simon says:
friendly/annoyed etc?
Kingpin says:
Ah... let me check the forums... I'll keep this scren up on my second monitor while I check.
Kingpin says:
For the most part, we are friendly with outher nations. I think there may be an exception or two
Simon says:
how come? just because of proximity?
Kingpin says:
Not that so much
Kingpin says:
Sorry... I'm just scouting our forums for some info...
Simon says:
no worries
Kingpin says:
Ah... there it is... GCA again... they just seem to be irritating our leaders for some reason.
Simon says:
oh, how come?
Kingpin says:
not too sure, to be honest.
Kingpin says:
Anyway, I've probably overstepped the bounds on what I can tell you.
Simon says:
its cool, ive been involved in 3 diplo chats today
Kingpin says:
heh
Simon says:
for 3 different games and you've said the least if it makes you feel better
Kingpin says:
lol. I guess that's why they keep me in a position of ignorance.
Simon says:
lol, so do your leaders not give regular updates?
Kingpin says:
Yes, they do. But since I am the ambassador to your nation, there are things that are not shared with me about what goes on with other nations.
Simon says:
weird i wouldnt expect my ambassador to do a very good job if he wasnt given full control of all the facts
Kingpin says:
I am given a fair degree of freedom to work with you, which is nice. I am chatting with you without anyone else on the team being aware of it yet.
Simon says:
so impromptu chats a big no no?
Simon says:
eek thats the majority of cfc diplo down the toilet then!
Kingpin says:
Like I said, I am given freedom to do this.
Simon says:
ah ok
Kingpin says:
Anyway, I am sorry we couldn't work anything out this time.
Simon says:
ah well i have civ open now....
Kingpin says:
Okay.
Simon says:
just we were talkin about something else so i didnt want to interrupt
Kingpin says:
ah, okay. go ahead...
Simon says:
you have myst, math, alpha, masonry, hunting and optics
Simon says:
74, 373, 448, 59, 119, 598
Simon says:
thats the beaker counts
Simon says:
optics i meant to say compass
Kingpin says:
ok
Simon says:
metal casting is 672
Simon says:
im not sure what techs you have after myst though...
Kingpin says:
Do you have anything else, other than metal casting?
Simon says:
no, we were beelining towards in the hope to have a piece of trading, which i assume we will do when we get there
Simon says:
myst, math, masonry and hunting for metal casting would leave you about 50 beakers in our debt
Kingpin says:
Unfortunately, your timing isn't working in your favor for this trade. Before we had contact with you we had an agreement in principal to trade for metal casting from another nation... I don't know who.
Simon says:
ah
Kingpin says:
We sure wouldn't want to refuse a trade like you are proposing, but it happened before you came along.
Simon says:
ok well thats all we have to offer for the time being im afraid
Kingpin says:
Well, let's keep in frequent contact with each other.
Kingpin says:
I am keen on keeping on good terms with a willing trading partner.
Simon says:
indeed, the only problem with keeping in contact now is that there will be little to talk about
Kingpin says:
You never know, Simon. We might find we have other things in common.
Simon says:
Indeed, are you able to tell us who is offering MC?
Kingpin says:
I honestly have no idea. All it says in my thread is "an offer of Metal Casting from another nation." You'll probably have it figured out before I find out myself.
Simon says:
ah ok, i'm slightly intrigued though- why did you need time to consider it if you already knew you couldn't trade for it?
Kingpin says:
I didn't have that information at the time. Sorry.
Simon says:
No worries, am still slightly confused how your team works tbh
Kingpin says:
Sometimes I wonder myself. lol It was rather pointless to lead you on for no reason
Kingpin says:
Telling you up front wold have served us better as well as you.
Simon says:
indeed, now i think we'll very much have to re-evaluate our plans
Kingpin says:
Again, sorry about that.
Kingpin says:
I hope this doesn't sour relations at all.
Simon says:
no problem, it wont sour them at all from my point of view but obviously doesnt help them. we dont get that +1 modifier from trades
Kingpin says:
Perhaps there will be opportunities to cooperate on future endeavors
Simon says:
off the record though--
Kingpin says:
ok...
Simon says:
is your being annoyed with GCA just a bluff or genuine?
Simon says:
its hard for us to not see it as a bluff you see- what with your trading
Kingpin says:
We're not currently planning an invasion or anything if that's what you're asking.
Kingpin says:
But the irritation is still there.
Kingpin says:
Why? Do you have something against GCA?
Simon says:
well theres the whole history of cfc/gca animosity
Kingpin says:
I have heard of that, even though I haven't played any of the previous games.
Simon says:
indeed, so the first turn we met gca there was some oldies saying 'declare war'
Kingpin says:
lol
Kingpin says:
All in good time, eh?
Simon says:
luckily i guess, they dont play the saves
Simon says:
even more so when they started kicking up a stink over us having a city near them and having it defended
Simon says:
in the end i moved one of the defenders away just to keep the peace
Kingpin says:
I don't know that I would have done that...

so i don't really know what he dragged the tech talk along for only to tell us they had an agreement to trade MC with another team, quite annoying, i guess we pin our hopes on BAT actually doing something, to which end i sent them another e-mail. The whole conversation really just seemed to waste my time :)

Hey

We sent an e-mail regarding the alphabet trade a week or so ago and recieved no reply, we were just checking that everything was going to plan and if you could give us a more accurate time frame, we will have metal casting completed in four turns and would very much like to conduct some trades but we cant do that without knowledge of your techs obviously :)

kind regards
BCLG and the cfc nation
sent that to BAT too, figured they need to get their asses in gear.

Top Bottom