City 4 location

How have we sucked at diplo? We could be more proactive there but I see no evidence that we are any worse off than anyone else and let’s not assume that other teams are not facing problems of their own.

We can not die by talking, but if we have the patience to use our skills and intelligence we can improve our odds so that we don't have to die fighting either. Are you so impatient for action that you’re ready to just throw this game away?

Diplo sucking...how about not following up on the alphabet trade? The warrior entering without permission...that sure didnt win much confidence in our friends. If anything it says we will do what we want despite their wishes.

It was BAT that destroyed the alphabet trade, not because we didn’t follow through but because they decided to research something else. Crossing GCA’s boarder a few hours before we received their permission should be balanced against the fact that they returned the favor the same turn and those difficulties were repaired by our diplomatic efforts to renegotiate the treaty.

But if you still believe these minor episodes are so devastating then how much would some success in this area be worth? Let’s take some risks with more vigorous diplomacy before we risk all with rash militancy.

And yet in another thread you are suggesting to be pro active on the military front and take out GCA whilst in another it is take out BAT, at least that is the impression you are giving me. I know its fairly easy to confuse me not least because its on the internet and can't maybe interpret everything you mean.

However if we are to war, i'd do it now, GCA's military strength is primarily in pop- as you say they are only a few short less in military and yet they have a greater pop- the increases they have in gnp show that they have been working the non productive tiles, cottages etc.

BAT- war with them right now would be impossible we are not even sure of the correct way there and yet GCA we know 2 avenues we could go and hit them on two sides. yes we need two axes for every archer but they dont have a religion so presumably the maximum cultural defence they could have in each city is 40%. As i highly doubt they founded on a hill i dont think we have to worry about extra defence.

I would prefer not to war for the time being and build the colossus but if we are going to war we need to focus on it whole heartedly and be pumping the units out.

We also need to decide where this city is going, i definatly think it should go near the spices, whereabouts is something we can define when more range of view becomes availiable.

edit-hmm why didnt this start a new thread like i requested it do, regardless- conversation taken elsewhere.

I'd have to agree...spices

spices....

/12

Top Bottom