Requests for new components (and features)

When I assigned a priority, I tried to reflect the impact the feature would have on the mod, not so much how likely I am to implement it. Sometimes I have just a little time that I can try to fix/add something and end up hitting a low-priority item (better than nothing I say).

Right now I'm the only one coding, and I've been letting the 2.11 version bake a little while so I can take a little rest. Plus I have a day job that takes a lot of time away from the mod. Hopefully I'll get to put some time into some features and bugs over Thanksgiving next week.

Well thats great. Take your time. I can't wait to see BATTy

I do not see this in CivAlerts .... before I logged as a suggested enchancement, wanted to see if this was there...or planned etc...

From a micromanagement perspective, it would be great to have an alert that let me know that I'm about to achieve the tech I am researching ...

e.g. I research Hunting (it will take 8 turns) on turn 6 or 7 or x (user configuarable would be ideal), an alert would be given indicating that tech research about to be achieved ...

thanks in advance

be great to have an alert that let me know that I'm about to achieve the tech I am researching ...

e.g. I research Hunting (it will take 8 turns) on turn 6 or 7 or x (user configuarable would be ideal), an alert would be given indicating that tech research about to be achieved ...

Why not set a reminder instead?

@ImperialGuard - That seems like a reasonable feature request. Can you please post it to the feature request tracker on SF.net?

@Sam_Yeager - Using a reminder would force you to a) set the reminder each time you started a new tech and b) not take into account cases where you change your research rate or anything else that changes the number of turns it will take.

@ImperialGuard - That seems like a reasonable feature request. Can you please post it to the feature request tracker on SF.net?

@Sam_Yeager - Using a reminder would force you to a) set the reminder each time you started a new tech and b) not take into account cases where you change your research rate or anything else that changes the number of turns it will take.

Isn't the research bar in the centre of the main screen a good reminder? ;)

I don't see me using it, but of course, if someone thinks it would be useful, then I won't mind such an optional reminder.

Would it be possible to write a mod, to put a sign down where an enemy destroys one of your improvements??

Sometimes I don't notice when an improvement has been pillaged, or somethings it comes up while a number of my cities has the build popup so I can't check which improvement has been pillaged.... which means I gotta mouseover each and every damn one to check

Would it be possible to write a mod, to put a sign down where an enemy destroys one of your improvements??

Sometimes I don't notice when an improvement has been pillaged, or somethings it comes up while a number of my cities has the build popup so I can't check which improvement has been pillaged.... which means I gotta mouseover each and every damn one to check

Doesn't the event log tell you which tiles have been pillaged? Every event pop up is stored in there.

Would it be possible to log the results of AP & UN resolutions? Even better would be if the voting details of the civs participating could also be logged. Naturally AP resolutions should only be logged if your civ is actually a member.

Doesn't the event log tell you which tiles have been pillaged? Every event pop up is stored in there.

Hi Roland, i'm pretty new to the game still.... I think I know where your talking about (top left ?? one of the tabs where the combat log/chat is??)

Hmmm, I think I know what your talking about, the log only says what got pillaged but I've never tried clicking on the actual event, I'm guessing it'll take me to the exact tile that got messed up :)

thanks

@Derbus - Yes, ctrl-tab is the shortcut key to toggle the log window, and clicking an item with a location will go to it, like pillaging, builds, culture growth, combat, spy activity, etc.

All of the city-related Civ4lerts work like this, too. That's why we have them all show up instantly without the on-screen indicators and sounds. I was thinking of making it optional, so you could make those alerts come up slowly like normal game events with the arrows and sounds. As the game progresses and you get a lot of alerts, it would take a while for them to show, however.

@EF:

Speaking of Alerts - could you code an alert for willing to make peace (and the price for it) as well as for willing to capitulate ? I guess it would work similar to the Permanent Alliance or Open Borders thing...

Imhotep

·Imhotep·;6187145 said:
@EF:

Speaking of Alerts - could you code an alert for willing to make peace (and the price for it) as well as for willing to capitulate ? I guess it would work similar to the Permanent Alliance or Open Borders thing...

Imhotep

FYI, the ShowInfo mod already has a peace alert built in. I don't know how easy it would be to borrow from it though. I don't think it has a capitulate alert though.

"What would be a really useful addition to BUG?"

Why, it's obvious - a button to wake all units of the highlighted type!

Picture the situation where you've 30+ bombers. During peace it's a right royal pain in the ass to have to skip through every one of these each turn. So the temptation is to sleep them. Fine. However, if one enters a war it's also a right royal pain in the ass having to find and awaken each and every bomber, since at the moment all we can do is awaken all of a unit type per city.

So the solution - a key command or icon that will wake all bombers on a global scale. (Or any other unit kind that's selected for that matter).

"What would be a really useful addition to BUG?"

Why, it's obvious - a button to wake all units of the highlighted type!

Picture the situation where you've 30+ bombers. During peace it's a right royal pain in the ass to have to skip through every one of these each turn. So the temptation is to sleep them. Fine. However, if one enters a war it's also a right royal pain in the ass having to find and awaken each and every bomber, since at the moment all we can do is awaken all of a unit type per city.

So the solution - a key command or icon that will wake all bombers on a global scale. (Or any other unit kind that's selected for that matter).
I think that is already built into the game. Using the situation mentioned above, locate 1 sleeping bomber, select it, hold down the ALT key and click on 'wake up'. The ALT key should issue that order to all similar units - well, I know it does when I have automatic workers that I want regain control of (select one, Alt-Cancel Orders and bingo, my workers are back).

I'm sure that just works on a city to city basis, not globally across all cities...

It's those bombers I put to sleep over in those obscure island cities that I don't want to forget about.

Holding the the ALT key issues orders to all workers, regardless of location. I haven't tested it with other units but it shouldn't be too hard to test. I expect it will work.

This may sound like too much but maybe an apolostolic palace and UN button on the foreign advisor screen. that way you can initiate the resolutions instead of seeing what the game pop-ups. I guess the AI control can function as it does now, but if the human has it would be nice to click that button and have a list of resolutions to put forward.

That's a great idea Ekmek, but it'll altered the gameplay, by giving the user a feature they have no way to access without it. I'm sorry.

Top Bottom