Will this game be better that Civ - BtS?

Will this game be better that Civ - BtS?

• That much better!

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Only a bit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They'll be about the same quality

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • A bit worse

Votes: 19 20.0%
  • That much worse!

Votes: 44 46.3%

• Total voters
Different strokes for different folks. They'll have their own qualities.

This isn't even a true civilization game. It's an abortion they're slapping the Civ name onto in order to give it "Civ hype." Like how they slapped "Civ" onto "CivCity: Rome."

If Pirates had never been made in the nineties, the newer Pirates would have been called CivPirates.

Think of how the Sim franchise went. All of a sudden you have SimAnt and all this garbage that watered down the franchise and turned everyone off the Sim name. They're now doing the same exact thing with Civilization, apparently Firaxis didn't learn from the mistakes of Maxis.

This game will be total crap.

I think this is a wonderful idea! It's always good to see a strategy title make it over to a console. Although PC gaming and the Civ series have ruled my life for so long I am fawning over getting a Civ title on a console.

The last Civ game I had was the original Civilization game ported over to the SNES.

Btw I'm a gamer devoted to both PC gaming and Consoles. Each has their values and each brings me great joy and entertainment goodness.

I think they added Civ to CivCity Rome because City Rome would sound too stupid....

No suitable poll answer - this game is directed at a completely different market - it is not comparable, certainly until we see a playable version!

No suitable poll answer - this game is directed at a completely different market - it is not comparable, certainly until we see a playable version!

I disagree, for what we have seen from the images, it will be for babies; even if you don't bother spending (... or wasting :lol:) money on it, you'll still have to buy one of the consoles (if you don't have any of them, like me) and they're expensive... i think it doesn't worth buy it

Why do the graphics mean it is more compatable for babys? Did i miss something.. were the Axemen holding Lollypops?

I don't think it's supposed to compete with BTS. This is like asking if Mario is better than Half-Life. Yeah, they both might be 3D, and involve running around on an adventure, but both pretty different.

If I had to guess, I think it will have respectable sales that rival that of the BTS Expansion Pack. But to a very different audience.

multi-platform, i imagine it could be a topseller. Its a unique niche.

Why do the graphics mean it is more compatable for babys? Did i miss something.. were the Axemen holding Lollypops?

C'mon, have you at least seen this one:

Spoiler :

"You have captured my favorite village... but I have many others" ???
Isn't that for babies?

And about the axemen holding Lollypops, that might be an interesting promotion that they could have in that game...:
-15% of strength but randomly an animation of them using it... probably every kid would promote them with it, they'll lose the game, even being happy (and start clamouring their parents to buy them about one (or twenty :p) Lollypops)

It's a different game for a different platform for a different audience, it's not possible to make a fair judgment at this point.
Or we could hang around making snarky comments about things we can't possibly have an informed opinion on, either way works. :rolleyes:

From what I read about it, CivRev will be too watered down to be enjoyable for me, so I voted "Far worse". However, I expect CivRev to be very enjoyable for people who'd never even look at a game with the complexity of Civ4, and it's not a bad thing to interest new customers in the franchise. I wish Firaxis the best of luck with that project, although I'm pretty sure that this won't be a game I'd enjoy much.

Lol why is that screen shot for babies? I don't understand how that is for any younger of an audience than the stuff we see in Civ IV...

The interesting thing to me is that you didn't include a "There is no possible way I could know whether it will be better than BTS because I have not played it yet" option

I dunno what it'll be like, since it hasn't come out yet. But if you ask me, it'll be automatically rated Far Worse if they don't have wonder movies!

Top Bottom