England are out :(

Dell19

Take a break
:(

Console yourselves here...

Well I blame the Ref for breaking up every single attack by giving needless freekicks...

You can blame anyone (especially Seamen) but not the ref. His red card to Ronaldinho was very doubtful and i bet that if it wasn´t for it , Brazil would have scored more goals.

No when Ronaldinho left, they stopped attacked and didn't leave any gaps in defence, leading to a very dull game.

The Ref gave loads of stupid decisions and called so many fouls it was unbelievable. It also seemed at one point, that he believed he could only use each card once...

They stopped attacking because they had only 10 players (that´s what i meant).

Originally posted by Henrique
They stopped attacking because they had only 10 players (that´s what i meant).

And they started defending...So with Englands current tactics we were never going to score a second goal

Originally posted by Black Fluffy Lion
:cry: yep, I have seen better refereing :( and he stopped the game with 30 seconds to go :mad: England could have scored then, the ball was in the penalty area :mad:

:cry:

No-no-no-no-no! Not this time.

In the game against Turkey, i admited that Brazil was helped by the referee.

In the game against Belgium, i did the same.

But not now. No way you can say that England lost because of the referee.

Brazil simply played better. It was better at offense when Ronaldo was in the Field, and after he was expelled (the referee overreacted, i don't think it was deserved since he clearly didn't intend to hurt him), the defense was impenetrable and Enlgand was barely able to kick in the direction of the goal.

I understand that you are sad, but don't try to take away our merits. Not this time, because we deserved it, and we used only the foot - not the hand - of God.

The referee did not necessarily help Brazil, he just did everything in his powers to slow the game down...

Well, considering that England has the edge in strengh, defensive power, and has Beckhan as one of the best in the world with the ball still, while Brazil is at it's best with the game flowing, i don't think this referee's style is much of a reason for englishman to complain about.

First the ref didn't do anything to help Brazil.
Second, the English team forgot how to attack during the whole World Cup. They were lucky against Denmark, and this game showed that. They lack in creativity and they looked like they knew what was going to happen in the end.
Maybe they'll learn that defense isn't the most important thing in the game of football.

Defense is a European idea...Anyway this thread was supposed to be a consoling thread...

Originally posted by FredLC

No-no-no-no-no! Not this time.

In the game against Turkey, i admited that Brazil was helped by the referee.

In the game against Belgium, i did the same.

But not now. No way you can say that England lost because of the referee.

now now I didn't say that. I said that if the ref hadn't stopped the game early then England could have won. :rolleyes:

Brazil simply played better. It was better at offense when Ronaldo was in the Field, and after he was expelled (the referee overreacted, i don't think it was deserved since he clearly didn't intend to hurt him), the defense was impenetrable and Enlgand was barely able to kick in the direction of the goal.

yes, Brazil were the far better side.

:cry:

Now, this was the first game of soccer one had ever watched in entirety, and one was disapointed that England did not win. I made people stand up and take their hats off for 'God Save the Queen' and all.

Micky Owen getting a goal was most gratifying and exciting, but when those Brazils got theirs back on either side of half time it really killed the atmosphere. I would have really loved England to win the Cup for Her Majesty in her Jubilee year, but it was not to be...

Bad luck England, but well done. God Save the Queen!

"For the queen"?
What's so special about the queen?
She's just someone born to the heritage of the kingdom. She is a regular person and the effort of the English team should be made for the people and not the queen.

Originally posted by Black Fluffy Lion
now now I didn't say that. I said that if the ref hadn't stopped the game early then England could have won. :rolleyes: :cry:

Oh, ok, i see, sorry for misinterpreting you.

But you are complaining about 30 seconds?

You are kidding ... :D

aren't you ??? :confused:

Top Bottom