Ilians - begginers tips

Yeah, it makes the Sidar a lot less cool. Ghosts get hidden easier, but Illians have a big tendency to spread snow everywhere.

fire magic is tough and it should be. Anyone fight the infernals? Strategies? I think I'll champion spam them.

fire magic is tough and it should be. Anyone fight the infernals? Strategies? I think I'll champion spam them.

Wilboman with the Crown of Arkharien (sp?) if you have it is pretty much the best thing ever against the infernals or any civ with access to fire mana. I swear the Sheaim killed my 12th level Wilboman with just some Pyre Zombies without it. Doing what was said earlier with bringing Basium in on your side also helps a lot for the angels' holy combat.

Personally, I like to remain peaceful with the Infernals. They're fantastic at diverting a lot of your rivals' attention away from you.

wow. But, ChinaBlue, I try to eliminate Hyb early, especially if there are many other evil civs around.

Auric as the God of Winter is GODLY....in more ways than one!
Before, Calabim used to be my fav civ, but now the Illians are here and...well, my new favorite season is now winter.

The strange thing is, it really is my favorite season now. I also have this odd white palm print on my chest that seems to be frozen to my skin. It appeared ever sice I woke up feeling all wet and cold, like I just came out of an icy bath or something ;)

infernals have demonic citizens which do not require food--ie they don't grow and only require manes to add to city pop...
awesome to get those mega cities going... easily over a hundred and increasing... :lol:

The Fallow trait makes food irrelevant. Cities cannot grow or strength based on how much or little food is available.

Get to Philosophy and produce The Hand. Quite powerful in early game.

their high priests is awesome, however it sucks that Wilboman can't enter desert tiles, had a hard time against malakim there

sry, but ritual from temple of the hand sucks: I planned to start with Illians, found nice place to start: several flooded plains/ice ALREADY gave 5 food1 gold. Nice. Extremely nice, I'd say.

But ritual from temple screwed up everything. What is the point of getting 2 food from plot instead 5/1 !?!?

Er, floodplains on ice? I have never seen that, ever. What map script are you running?

Floodplains on ice do sounds quite odd. Floodplains on Tundra are quite normal, if the End of Winter game option is on. (They will turn to deserts eventually, but have better yields to get you started.

Do read the instructions for all rituals before you cast them. While Wake From Slumber, which gives you a dragon, doesn't change diplomacy, check out the effects of The Draw before you complete it.

I reloaded and deleted it from the build list, so that it was on perma-hold.

The Draw puts you at permanent war with everyone, with no diplomacy BUT you retain your vassals and can still trade with them. Perhaps Vassals of Illians should also suffer from The Draw?

Semi-permanent war. You can end it with the Peace spell, either from the Seven Pines or a captured Corindale.

Can someone summarize (or point me to a summary) of how the Temple of the Hand works and, specifically, what impact it has on your economy? I like the idea of it from a flavor standpoint but from reading here, it seems like it's not necessarily a great idea to build it if you're running a decent economy with improved terrain that's not forest/jungle. Is that right?

In my current game, I'm the Illians and just discovered I'm on a large island by myself (so that creating snow doesn't add much in terms of defense since the other civs aren't yet coming after me). Does turning things to snow help me in some way or is it just dropping my production? I like the happy boost I can get from the Temple but otherwise I'm debating just skipping it. What are the benefits? Is it necessary for the cooler (excuse the pun) Illian stuff like summoning Drifa and casting the Draw?

I'm still getting a hang of all the Illian-specific stuff, which is neat but could use more documentation (both here and in the Civpedia), so any tips would be great. Just made contact with other civs for the first time after 275 turns (well the Bannor used to be on my island. They declared war on me early on. That was a dumb move on their part), and discovered I'm actually ahead of the three I've met by a fair margin, which is fun, though I suspect there's another continent with some more advanced civs around somewhere, so I want to be sure I know how Illians work before things heat up...

-Kilrathi

Top Bottom