Journeys of Nikito: A Rise of Darkeness Game Journal

cyther

Lord of the Dance
As my first attempt at creating a game story I decided to create a shameless game journal for my mod: Rise of Darkness

Mod - Rise of Darkness
Version -.20 Patch B
Leader - Nikito
Civ - Cult of Nikito
Difficulty - Monarch
Speed - Normal

AI Civilizations - Thirteen

As discovered so far:
1)Cult of Nikito
2)Illians
3)Shieam
4)Kuriotates
5)Amurites

Options -Start -

Age of Rebirth- Turn 0

After remaining trapped in the vault of Death, Nikito has escaped and plans to take command of a small section of Erebus. With a small group of followers he will make his way to victory in this new age.

Spoiler for a log of Events: (Turns 0-70)
Spoiler :

Turn 1: Settle a city on the place where a graveyard was. Pop graveyard and tribal village for gold
Turn 2: Switch to Nationhood
Turn 4: Explore a lair and discover Bradeline
Turn 6: Meet Illians and use Bradeline to found an Academy
Turn 7: Meet Tebryn Arbandi
Turn 11: Research Agriculture
Turn 13: A group of lizardmen spawn outside my borders in a lair
Turn 14: Meet Cardith Lorda, Trigger Sleeping Dragon Event
Turn 18: My only scout is killed by lizardmen
Turn 22: Borders Expand from Academy
Turn 27: Reasearch Mining and a source of copper get revealed near Nikita. Trigger night sun event
Turn 29: Train Worker
Turn 31: A lizardman kills into against my hero Nikito
Turn 34: Research Exploration
Turn 39: A lizardman kills my warrior rush but is stopped and recruited by Nikito
Turn 43: My new lizardman discovers the Ygdrassil and a bunch of Goblin Forts
Turn 44: A werewolf attacks my palace (event)
Turn 45: Come upon another goblin fort
Turn 47: Research Animal Husbandry, Spot a Barbarian Gargoyle
Turn 51: Meet Dain the Caswallen
Turn 52: See the Pool of Tears and the Guardian of the PP
Turn 53: See a gargoyle with the heart of stone item.
Turn 57: Lizardman get blessed from a lair
Turn 58: Research Calander, Switch to Agrarianism, Get supplies from a lair
Turn 70: Tebryn takes out a lair, the Supplies arrive at Nikita

Turn 1

After looking around at the surroundings it appears that the best location for a city is covered by a graveyard.

This graveyard, once raided produces a large amount of gold which is very important to the Nikitans as it is used quite often for unit upgrades.

The city of Nikita is then founded on the graveyard and one of my scouts pops a tribal village.

Turn 2

Our lands stood ravaged in the early days, men were running in the streets, hunting each other down. They ran in panic and chaos consumed the streets of Nikita. The elders who had led them all for so long had been exiled out into the far off wilds once Nikito had returned from the dead.

He spoke of a new age in which order and passion could work together, he spoke of riches and treasures beyond any man's dream and for those who would follow him with the most loyalty would recieve the best gifts of all.

Nikito promised great power in exchange for worship, his followers would live in complete protection from the orks and lizard people. Lastly he promised that those who died in service to him would be able to return once he had gathered his power, untill then they would live completly safe in an afterlife in which they controlled every aspect.

Nikito's words would soon bring many men from different nations to live under his leadership, for now they would only solidify a feeling of Nationhood.

Turn 4

"Your fears are unjustified, Slayer."

That was the last thing Nikito said to me before I left the safety of Nikita.

Most of the Elders had been exiled from the city by then and as suspected all of them had died alone in the wild lands outside the city. All except one.

This man was famous from another age his name was well known not for who he was but for a thing that he had created. His name, Brandeline.

He had hidden himself inside a lair that stood empty of its previous owners, a strange aura floated around the entrance and upon entering all of my men were killed by an unseen force.

Brandeline sat in the center of a room filled with burning insence his eyes didn't even open but he addressed me when I entered just the same.

"You have come to bring me back."

"Yes, Nikito wishes to speak with you on matters that he believes are of critical importance."

"Why should I return? I was just passing through his lands."

"He bade you to return"

"So loyal you are to this man, will you always be this way?"

"Without any doubt, He is my master and I his humble servant."

"Very well, Slayer. I shall return with you if Nikito promises not to ever perform experiments upon my powers and he must give me room and quaters to sleep in. One day you may find that your loyalty will waver and when this happens Nikito will not try to save you."

Spoiler :

anways, a straght game report would be faster+more useful to attract people to your mod. For some reason, i couldnt bring myself to playthorough a game where im so weak i the beginning, but if i get to see how awesome shapeshifting really is, then i might play it through. Can a unit grab combat 5 then shapeshift to an adept/archmage and gain spell spheres at the same rate.

Cool, I always wanted to try Rise of Darkness, especially for Cult of Nikito, but I was afraid that I would not know what to expect

As Bradeline arrived at Nikita, true to his word Nikito was standing at the gates. I saw them go inside the gates and recieved my next orders from the gatemaster.

My new and temporary post was as the chief of city guard.

I thought that the job would be boring at first but while out scouting outside the city I found two men nearly naked come out of the trees and into the flatlands.
These men were strange, both of them had a haunted look about them and seemed afraid of what they had left behind.

"We come to welcome you, into the land of Auric, the master of ice."

"I question you wildmen, why do you claim these lands as your own? Who is this Auric?"

"Auric is our great master and shall ascend to godhood in this age, he shall own all and every man, woman, and child shall pay homage to him."

"I know not of what you speak, wildmen but begone with you these lands are that of Nikito and I am his humble and worthy servant.

The wildmen sulked back into the forests and I hurried back to Nikita. The gatemaster let me in and I rushed to the palace.

Inside of the throne room there were muffled voices and then Bradeline came out looking angry. He didn't notice me and quickly left the palace.

I entered the throne room and told Nikito all that had happended.

"They are of no threat" he said to me, "I know of the Illians and their god is dead. This still is troubling to me so I suggest we keep a close eye on Auric."

Turn 7

This day happended much like the other but instead of greeting just scouts, I found a lone man standing outside of the gates.

As he walked toward the gates they opened for him and behind the man flowers wilted and darkness followed his footsteps leaving a stiffness in the air from behind where he walked.

I spoke to him but he didn't answer and instead just walked by leaving me to follow him to the grounds of the school where Bradeline had begun teaching.

He walked by the building and then proceeded to go up to the palace. Bradeline came out and beckoned to me.

"Where did that foul man come from?"

"He came from the east. Do you know who he is Bradeline?"

"That man should be dead, I can sence it. He is a runecaster frothe age of magic but I thought that he was dead."

"What is his name?"

The man's name is Ran but that isn't what he now goes by, he calls himself Tebryn Arbandi..."

Turn 11

I am finally relieved of my post at the gates of Nikita.

I was given this day to examine the knowledge that Bradeline has given us. It appears that the growing population needed a new way to harvest food and Bradeline gave it to us.

The process is something he calls Agriculture and he says that the men of Patria used to do it.

It is very nice and all but I grow weary of staying inside the tame lands of Nikita. I wish that I could leave already but Nikito is have problems forming a new group of men to join me. Our men are very weak and no one can find out why it is. For now I have decided to depart alone to explore the world.

You know, you don't really need to write a story anytime there is an interesting event ;)

If Cyther needed 10 posts for one turn I wouldn't care as long as he shows us all the awesome features of his modmod :D

If Cyther needed 10 posts for one turn I wouldn't care as long as he shows us all the awesome features of his modmod :D

I suddenly had the vision of this thing having at least being 100 pages by the time cyther finished...:rolleyes:

Now that would be impressive...

Although I probably will be putting the format into a shorter version with more focus on the Rise of Darkness features.

The Final Exploration Journals of Slayer

Turn 13- As I journey into the lands to the east I fear that a group of lizardmen is begining to follow me, I woke up one morning and found my camp plundered and my supplies gone.

Turn 14- I discovered the severants of Cardith Lorda, they didn't interest me much. I have little tying me to the civilized world left and I'm forced to scavange for all of my food. My only sign that I am not in an entire different world is the Sleeping Dragon stars above me.

Turn 16- The ocean lies before me, I am fleeing form the lizardmen quickly now. With every day I become more feral and begin to fear for my sanity.

Turn 18- They are comming... The beasts are surrounding me... or am I them... There is no escape... I can't get out.. I can't get out...

"Was that it"

"Yes Nikito. That was the last that he sent to us. We fear that the lizardmen have killed slayer"

"Then hault the scouting program send no more good men out there to die."

Top Bottom