Welcome to Dune Wars

I've only read the first three books; if I download this, will I encounter spoilers?
Thank you!

Not really, everything in the game is based on the Dune Universe, but it doesn't follow the story line of the books. Instead it's set in an alternative story line that the great houses got into an all out war over Arrakis, and when the dust settles everyone is reduced to a few survivors from which you start your first city and take it from there like any other game of Civ as you rebuild and rediscover technologies. So no worries, try it and have fun ;).

The mod is also very much inspired by the setting of just the first book Dune, and maybe a little bit the second book. It isn't getting into the canon "future" of Dune at all. And its not plot-related, its just setting inspired.

The mod is also very much inspired by the setting of just the first book Dune, and maybe a little bit the second book. It isn't getting into the canon "future" of Dune at all. And its not plot-related, its just setting inspired.

Never read Dune myself, but I have seen some of the movie - don't remember much as I was young. But I was a fan of the game Emperor: Battle for Dune, so I get the gist of the Dune universe. Great mod guys :)

Just wanted to say that this mod blew part of my mind: I'm speechless now.

Congratulations.

incredible mod, fantastic work, congratulations

I am big fan of Dune... I have all books and I have read them several times, I have seen David Lynch movie and both miniseries several times, I am working on webgame DunaOnline :)
And I LOVE this mod!!! I am sad only for one reason... that I haven't found this it earlier :-D
Now I am playing it hours each day :)

Excellent work!!!

Anybody have a tech tree/list for this mod? Thanks!

Please ask questions on one of the current discussion threads, rather than the main sticky thread. For example, here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=519071

The tech tree is easily visible from within the mod. I am not aware of any good way to view the tech tree for any mod, without installing the mod.

I love this mod, and as a result I do want more.

Any modders out there, please make some modular civs to plug into Dune
There are a few options
House Moritani - cruel, secretive
House Richese - similar to House Vernius of Ix, technologically driven
House Novebruns - greedy, expansive
or if you are a fan of the books, create some original Great Houses based off of the whole feel of the Dune universe.
:please:

Top Bottom