Final Fixes Reborn

Just make it non-recurrent in the CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml file:

Code:
<bRecurring>0</bRecurring>

I remember someone once said that if you get an event, it makes it more likely that you'll get it again (see, Muris clan spam) or something to that effect. I don't know if it was ever fixed. Might explain point 1.

Just make it non-recurrent in the CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml file:

Code:
<bRecurring>0</bRecurring>

In my own game I changed its likely hood from 400 (which is really quite high-for such an event), down to 85. Even with my save game it worked nicely. After all a great person should be 'GREAT'.

Just wanted to ask a question about demons spawning. In my current game, as soon as the infernals arrived, and the hell terrain spread a bit, I am getting wraiths, hell hounds and goodness knows what else spawning each turn within my border. The ac is only ay 27 and I am wondering is there some new mechanic (new for me at least) that causing this?? Not complaining just trying to understand/combat as I can barely send out workers, and my improvements are being destroyed almost every turn.

I was wondering about something:
do AoE adresses somes AI issues ? (using MnAI code) or mainly balance and bugfixes ?
(I was sure of the AI point;.. but trying to show it to a friend I couldn't find it..)

I'm not sure if this has been addressed upthread, but religion techs other than the ashen veil and the white hand are unable to be researched. I've tried this is several different games and all the other techs are red. Is this a bug or part of the mod?

Hmmm...Are you refering to religion techs like Mind Stapling(OO) and Infernal Pact(AV)?Because in order to research them you need to have the appropriate religion as state religion

I mean that I can't research the techs that give religions such as "Way of the Earthmother" and such. They're blocked out in red regardless of the civ that I choose.

Jordal, try beginning a game by choosing "Play now" from the main menu. You can exit it immediately, but start the game at turn 0, and see if the techs are still blocked.

Runes of Kilmorph priest units (Stonekeepers or Stonewardens, I think) cannot access their "Build Temple of Kilmorph" ability.

there are a number of scion buildings with pink graphics causing ctd if selected. I'm sure this has already been reported, but i didn't notice it in the spreadsheet. I'd like to play scions now and then but it's a no go just now :sad:

Runes of Kilmorph priest units (Stonekeepers or Stonewardens, I think) cannot access their "Build Temple of Kilmorph" ability.

Hi :)
I remember solving that bug some time ago. It was probably after the last public update, meaning it's only in the beta version for now. (edit: found it. Beta revision 68, 24th january)

Anyway, the next public update will be uploaded before the end of the week. (just some code cleaning to do and it's a go)
I'll try to remember and send you a PM when it's online.

cthom said:
there are a number of scion buildings with pink graphics causing ctd if selected. I'm sure this has already been reported, but i didn't notice it in the spreadsheet. I'd like to play scions now and then but it's a no go just now
Concerning the pink buildings problem (bug 168), we noticed at least luchuirp and mechanos art missing, and a corrupted image for a prophet but didn't experience any ctd.
My girlfriend was playing scions just yesterday evening, and found some bugs (for example, they can still build standard health and food buildings such as granary, sewers... despite using neither) but we didn't experience any ctd caused by pink buildings.

Could you post a screenshot? and guess which buildings cause a problem?

Attachments

• poisonedwellctd0000.JPG
    poisonedwellctd0000.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 144
I just spent 10 minutes wondering why I couldn't find this building in the whole code :confused:

Luckily, google is my friend :p
It revealed me that you're playing with a module I never heard about before now : [MODULE] Scions Healthcare

Just by reading the presentation of this module, I think it's the perfect solution to what I was talking earlier about stupid health buildings.
odalrick said:
I got tired of all the useless health buildings in my build queue as Scions of Patria. I know they are there so you can combat Unhealthy Discontent before Sorcery, but their names still annoy me.

Why would Scions have an infirmary? Just die already and accept the Emperors Gift.
Why waste effort on building a Granary, just starve and accept the Emperors Gift.
Why an Elder Council when every single citizen in the empire is older than other civilizations?
So I replaced the health buildings with unique buildings, intended to have about the same value to a Scion player as the original buildings have to a regular civ.
If the source code of this module is easy to read and merge with the mod, I'll add it.

EDIT: Question to all players
Scions are supposed to have "unhealthy discontent" under certain conditions.
In the past hour, I tried to make it appear in AoE, without success. My first hypothesis was that I had broken the code, but I'm not sure of it anymore.
1) I don't think I ever changed the code creating the "unhealthy discontent" building
2) I installed good old RifE 1.4 again and couldn't obtain it either.

Does anyone remember Scions behaviour under RifE 1.4? (and if you can guess what's wrong, please tell me)

I remember that when every I got a unhealthiness I would get an unhappiness as well. This could quickly become a problem, especially with the Armageddon events.

If you're not already, try using my updated Scion Healthcare module. It should fix most issues. If you're already using my module, mention it in my thread and I'll look into it.

Ronkhar, feel free to go ahead and make use of my module too - being more up to date it might be easier to merge.

Seeing that Gaelan becomes undead when playing as a D'tesh, maybe we can arrange so he can gain a racial promo in correlation with civ you are playing? Like elven if you play as Ljos or Svart, dwarven if Luch and so on. Also while playing Svart i noticed two things:
1) Alazkan cannot get Aeron's Chosen promo despite being an assassin - is it intentional?
2) Their archmage, while having the unique model, lacks animation. It looks... strange

1) Alazkan cannot get Aeron's Chosen promo despite being an assassin - is it intentional?

Seems to be, since Corgayle can't either. I'm pretty sure it's based on UNITCLASS_ASSASSIN or possibly UNIT_ASSASSIN...actually, let me check...

Okay, it's by UNITCLASS. It wouldn't matter either way since heroes are unique; the only hero who looks like he might have potential to acquire the promotion is Miquiztli, but Priests of Agruonn are their own unitclass rather than assassins. Celvar can leash himself to such an assassin, which is as close as it gets.

Probably for the best; if you disagree, the event's in Assets -> XML -> Events -> EventTriggerInfos and not terribly hard to alter to add the various assassin-y heroes.

My favourite solution is what Magister Cultuum did; make the requirement for Aeron's Chosen be the marksman promotion instead of the assassin unit-class.

Top Bottom