Can't negotiate diplomacy

oPunchDrunko

Prince
Whenever a Civ comes to me with a request whether it's asking for a trade deal or whatever, the spinning globe will not go away, thus causing me not being able to negotiate deals. However if I go to the Civ myself, I can negotiate deals just fine and the spinning globe doesn't ever show up.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I fix this?

The spinning globe is still a pointer. If you treat the top left "corner" of the globe as the tip of your pointer, you can do all that you need to do to navigate the diplo screen during the AI's turn.

Ah ok, I didn't know that. It is kind of annoying that the spinning globe won't away. Is there a way to fix this?

You could try verifying the local cache in steam. Keep doing it until it says "all files verified successfully". Then do it twice more.

It should change to a pointer in diplomacy though, unless they changed it. Then you should be able to edit it and change it to whatever you would like to see during certain occasions.

I became bored with this bug, and fixed it for Enhanced User Interface DLC v1.14.

For those who refuse the light of Enhanced User Interface :(:sad::cry:, I have made a mod which includes only the fix.

It's only a mod, though, and by default will not be available in multiplayer like Enhanced User Interface DLC is.

Download "Diplomacy Spinning Globe Fix" from CivFanatics Database

Top Bottom