Succession Game - GOTM24 Scenario

MB: It looks like PTW SG 23 will be done in time (maybe even this weekend), so I'll commit to playing. I prefer PTW 1.27 since I've already got all the files.

As for level and goal, my preferences are open and either domination or conquest. I'd like to give the new units a workout.

See you in about a week. :D

Unfortunately, it looks unlikely that there will be sufficient interest in the civIII version of this SG. I guess if Daveshack and/or puppeteer firm up their desire to play then I could join the civIII team, but we would still need one or two others. With only 3 players the turn around time is too quick.

There are still a few days left before the games will start, but I am unable to do more than I already have to advertise the games. I don't know what else I can do.

Originally posted by mad-bax
I guess if Daveshack and/or puppeteer firm up their desire to play
Unfortunately Civ3 is taking up way too much of my time. I decided not going to join this SG (or any other for now). One SG and the GOTM/Medal games have shorted me of sleep and work for the past month, so adding more to the mix is a bad idea for me.

I'm not married and don't have kids. I don't know how you family folk keep up all the Civ3 action! :eek:

That's what work is for!

*flips desktop to a copy of Crystal Reports as the boss walks by*

:lol: :D :lol:

OK. Denyd raised this subject in SG23, and I've fallen for it.

I didn't play any of GOTM24, so this is a great opportunity to catch up, IF we can get a quorum together for Civ3 1.29, IF SirBugsy will have me, and IF Karasu is still talking to me ;)

The 9th is still almost a week away, so there shouldn't be too much overlap with SG23. One condition, after ControlFreak's departure from SG23 - please don't quit, MB, or if you do, please don't pass the buck to me!

Actually Alan, given your fine reputation, the question would be if you'd have me. :D I'd be honored to be on your team. I'll beat the drum amongst the 1.29 folks I know and see if we can get up a whole team.

I guess we can run the game with 4 players on each team. So it looks as if we can play. It would be nice if we could get 2 or 3 more players though. I'll try again to persuade some more people.

I've started some gentle persuasion on the rest of the SG23 Civ3 team ...

cracker has said he will try to supply the saves in both formats on or before the 7th November. At this point I will kill this thread and open new threads in the SG forum. We will then have a couple of days pre-game discussion before we start.

Please take the time to read the first post in your respective threads. My hope is that we can post turnlogs in each thread that end on the same date.

I am tempted to get everyone to post their firaxis scores at the end of each set of turns and to store the results in some sort of publicly available table.... what do you think? A little friendly rivalry?

Fine with me.
Additionally, count me in for good.
I hope I won't slow down the Civ3 team too much, but with the holidays coming in I won't be able to play GOTM 25 -so, I should have some more time for SGs. Besides, I just can't say no... :)

Originally posted by mad-bax
.... what do you think? A little friendly rivalry?

Oh why not. That should spice it up some more.:p

Sure. Posting regular Firaxis scores sounds like a way to keep in touch with relative progress. Of course, if we are ahead it will all be down to our superior mastery of the game, and if we are behind I reserve the right to point out what a useless measure of performance the Firaxis score is ;)

Pleased to see you've seen the light, Karasu. Now, what do we need to do to convince the others in SG23C to sign up?

I'll sign up, I am about to go on an extended trip so don't really know when I'll be online at anytime, although I will have my laptop and both PTW and CivIII disks with me. Hopefully I'll play all my turns, but you have been warned.

My other problem to signing up before was that my internal modem seemed to be broken, but a very nice man just brought me a new modem, which is about the size of my thumb???

I can therefore play Civ III or PTW.

Smackster

Originally posted by smackster
I can therefore play Civ III or PTW.
Well. it's gotta be CivIII then, eh? Now we are four [edit - whoops - five with MB], vs 4.5 PTW. Just need another one or or two of the old gang and we'll win the first round, since this is becoming a tad competitive :p

I'd like to join the Civ 1.29 team. I was thinking that it would be fun to try as the Oda. They were looking pretty good in my game.

Adrian

OK Adrian. I'll drop back to the PTW team to compensate.

Top Bottom