A wild patch appeared!

Look in Rise from Erebus\Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml (without the space which the forum insist on adding)

If you can't find the leader there then look in Rise from Erebus\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml for what the tag is supposed to be.

The art itself - if it exist - is either in the FFPak051.FPK file (there's an unpacker somewhere, don't have a link at hand) or in the Rise from Erebus\Assets\Art directory.

I'm a little confused as to what to do with these instructions as per what to do with the two missing leaderheads Snarko mentioned earlier.

In CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml in both cases the text refers to a non-existent file- "Art/Interface/Leaderheads/new_cuai_ixl.dds" for Cuai-Ixl and "art/interface/LeaderHeads/veraato.dds" for Veraato.

In Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml both images refer to entirely different files- "Art/Civs/MinorLeaders/CuaLH.dds" for Cual-Ixi, which does exist and "art/interface/leaderheads/veraato_banner.dds" for Veraato, which does not exist.

I have no idea how to mod so I have no idea what to do, I'd guess I would place new .dds files where the non-existing ones are? If this is the case, could someone show me an image of Veraato that exists online so that I could convert it to a .dds file please?

Thanks very much.:crazyeye:

To repeat some info from the net, the unpack utility can be downloaded from http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ4/utility/PakBuild.zip. And no, the art files are not included in FFPak051.FPK either.

Let's hope snarko can find the time to provide a fix...

EDIT: But these files are in the subversion repository at http://rife.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rife! Sorry, should have thought of this possibility earlier. If you unpack the attached archive in ...\Mods\Rise from Erebus\Assets\Art\Interface\Leaderheads, there should be no more pink blobs.

Actually, there seem to be even more art files in the repository than in the RifE folder. If pink blobs should turn up in other places, maybe that can be helped too.

Attachments

• leaderheads.zip
    260 KB · Views: 263
[Thread necromancy warning]

In case anyone here plays anything other than RifE on Civ 4, this patch seems to break other mods' shortcuts, at least on the Steam version. I've only managed to get the shortcuts to work once, when I deleted all the RifE .pyc files in the Beyond the Sword folder, but it's stopped working again since then.

[Thread necromancy warning]

In case anyone here plays anything other than RifE on Civ 4, this patch seems to break other mods' shortcuts, at least on the Steam version. I've only managed to get the shortcuts to work once, when I deleted all the RifE .pyc files in the Beyond the Sword folder, but it's stopped working again since then.

hm, that doesn't make sense, the shortcuts should be unaffected - are you sure you are using correct shortcuts ?

that is, something like
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="\Fall from Heaven 2"

Most of the shortcuts I have don't have quotation marks around the mod directory definition. They came this way IIRC, and they did work before I installed this patch. Putting quotes around the mod directory does fix the problem, but this means that mod launcher utilities (or at least the two I tried) no longer work, since they seem to generate unquoted versions of the shortcuts.

This mod turns the AI into murder hobos for some reason. I ended up being declared war on(and killing off) Amurites and Scions, then I got declared war on by the Ljosalfar AFTER giving them a tech and they never even sent armies. They were on a completely different landmass. I think you messed something up with the military power calculations because early game, most civs(including me) had a power demographic in the 10's of millions and I somehow had the lowest demo even with the AIs and their armies of scouts and warriors...

Top Bottom