Modern Alliances

umm I will try this weekend (my list is quite long these days, natural wonders I have to sit and think about, a code that needs doing for someone with barb spawning and a DLL)

I will see how many I can actually add :p!

@ dacubz145 im guessing from the map someone just posted up because you asked for it that you decided to do the korean war?

well if you hadnt had japan removed then you could of added them in. as the first units to land in korea were one stationed in japan and the japanese island of Okinawa was directly under us control until you gave it back in 1972 so that would of been your way to add us in

because its not a world map and unless you want all the units to be there straight away then you need then an set amount of UN units to spawn every so many turns. as there seems to be a decent amount of china on the map and as they dont join the war straight away then better just adding the units straight away and have them join the war at an set date.

quick question, are all the current DLL changes included in your list (ie you didn't add anything apart from those)?

if so I will get to work and hopefully be done by tuesday

quick question, are all the current DLL changes included in your list (ie you didn't add anything apart from those)?

if so I will get to work and hopefully be done by tuesday

Not sure exactly what your asking, if you look back on poast 1275 where i posted the requets in the mod comps I put
^^^all of above are needed due to the fact they are already in the mod
So everything above (i beleive four) was already in the mod. Everything else has never been in the mod. Only thing is that I beleive advanced diplomacy I had an old version is, Stolenyrays has updated it and improved it greatly

Also quick question, beside spanish and italian, does the translator work? Like while your editing my mod could you translate it into German and French? If the program works then all you got to do is run it through python correct? Shouldnt be to much work. Do you think theres a chance for other languages too? Theres several other languages I woudl like to see the mod translated into if it works

well basically I am going to be adding a new button to the GUI when I have time which you run after the main cleaner that checks Text files and goes and translates them individually, when I finish the draft of this I will send a Beta to you :p

adding lanuages will be pretty hard, a new check box with have to be made + various arguements and functions need to be modified let alone actually addingn the language into the game itself :p

Adding language to mod itself doesnt take anything, just add it in every text thing and its there (atleast ive been told, havent tried it)

It seems to me it would be easy, just add another text thing called that language, and point the translator part to the new language, but ill take your word its a lot of work since your the expert :D

TBH it is as easy as making a new thing for it to check however there are so many places in the code that needs to match up, for example the code basically stores user options collected from 'Options' in one big listed list that it throws around, so everywhere it is referenced the language needs to be put
in with corresponding indexes, a new button, plus a new block of code in translate.

Also I am pretty sure that adding a lanuage in game is a little harder than adding new fields.... I think I read about it somewhere, one if the XML files deals with it (though apart from my program having to be edited, it could probs add the lanuage into the Game itself with XML manipulation...

Top Bottom