Incorporate performance solutions from C2C or AND

Nimek

Emperor
1 Graphic paging - only visible graphics of terrain and city improvements will load - no more MAF errors :)

2 Multitasking - default BTS is single core optimized - it will cut turn times significantly.

What do you think about this idea? It shouldn't be hard because both of those was incorporated from C2C to ROM AND.

Just for your information, I'm making an attempt to merge in Koshling's graphic paging code into the latest revision of RI. I can't promise anything, but I've already done it for RAND months ago. So if I'm successful, I'll share the files here.

I was wondering... players using the latest SVN build, are you still getting MAF errors when reaching modern era on giant maps? I haven't tested the "original" latest revision, but I've tested the latest revision+my own dll modification including most of Koshling's graphical paging code and I've got no MAF on 3 different attempts (autoplayed) on a not so recent laptop (3 years old); I ask because I'd like to know if MAFs have been solved previously of if I don't get MAFs thanks to the new code, in which case I might publish this part of the code if some admin of the mod wants to merge the paging code. :)

Discussing SVN version here.

Could you make the C2C revision an OPTIONAL revision? Like a setting in the play now/custom map list?
The C2C revision actually crashes the game for me and I have to forcibly remove the update every time I want to update the SVN version of the game.

Thanks man. I thought I was the only one since no one reported it yet. I think its going to be a problem with 32 bit folk like me who are still using XP :D

Thanks man. I thought I was the only one since no one reported it yet. I think its going to be a problem with 32 bit folk like me who are still using XP :D

Depending on map size and how far you are into the game, you may also need Koshlings "Viewports system". Not just graphic paging.

Depending on map size and how far you are into the game, you may also need Koshlings "Viewports system". Not just graphic paging.

You missed what I was stating earlier, let me be more explicit.
The game was crashing BECAUSE of the C2C graphic paging system. As in the game is just starting out on a small map and the graphics paging system was causing Civ4 to crash.
First turn, just navigating.
This did not happen before.

And I've not imported viewport system since it's much more complicated and I've never needed it in AND, although I've imported it there and it caused some problems in the few times I've tried it.

Top Bottom