Ekmek's Civ5 Leaderscene Gallery

Well, I'll try to find some time to test your leaders myself. Your creations are a good reason for me to get into Civ V modding. I hope it is not too different from Civ IV...
Are you planning to do more leaders?

very similar to civ4 as far as blender is concerned. nexus buddy is easier to use than nifskope I think.

I can't promise I'll do any more but I am looking to do leaderhead tutorial like I did for civ4

hi ekmek!!

this is FANTASTIC work....I have had no time to mod but I HOPE to be able to do a little more modding in the near future.....

question about Parkes....do i need the australia mod to load him....you know i am a pretty good artist but generally a crappy modder.....give me the details on getting him in the game!!

BERNIE!!!!

Good to see you back, man!

yeah it was built for the Australia mod here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=22236

download that. then download mine.

From the rar copy over the 3D parkes folder to mod's folder (the 3D Parkes folder should be sharing the same folder as Art, Civ, etc) then put my modinfo file in there (v3) and delete the version 2 one. Then load the mod and play.

Good to see your still around. Leaderhead making is very similar to Civ4. You should check out the new nexusbuddy. So, so much easier to work with!

Have you tried that texture I posted on the other thread? As you can see I removed the eyebrows so that there will be no weird "eyebrow under the eyebrow" thing going on.

So, is there a tutorial on the way? Not that I'd be able to use it right now, since I can't even do units yet, but it would be awesome to have that around for people to start making new 3D leaders "grow on trees".

:D:goodjob::band:

very similar to civ4 as far as blender is concerned. nexus buddy is easier to use than nifskope I think.

I can't promise I'll do any more but I am looking to do leaderhead tutorial like I did for civ4

Actually, I meant I hope the xml modding is similar to Civ IV. I've only made basic changes to my game so far (city lists and stuff like that), haven't tried to add new graphics yet (units, leaders). So I hope I can learn to to these things too, and they are not too hard.
If we're talking about creating leaders, well, I'll be looking forward to your tutorial to see if this is something I could actually succeed in. I managed to understand Civ IV leaderheads (even though, I kind of already forgot how to work with Blender and all that), but Civ V leaders looks so much more complicated to make. Still, I might give it a try if there will be a tutorial.

Question... is it possible to create your own camera/lighting when it comes to leader scenes?

camera is a gr2 as is lighting. I haven't messed with them but have successfully used different models with different cameras to make them look more unique

camera is a gr2 as is lighting. I haven't messed with them but have successfully used different models with different cameras to make them look more unique
I see. Just normal cameras/lighting like in any old 3d program? How are they combined with the scene? (In fact, how is everything combined in the scene, considering a lot is in different files?)

Cool. That's actually good news about the lighting and camera - it's a good thing not to be constrained by the existing ones.

EDIT: I tried to open a camera .gr2 in nexus buddy and I got an error, so maybe it's not possible yet?

Hi, ekmek,

after a preliminary looks at parkes in and out of game.....

1) the irregular changes in glare/sunlight that affect the brow/forehead/hairline and beard......looking at the way you have laid down your textures, my guess right now is that the position of where the texture is located influences how the lights hit the model....

2) the animation "freezes" happen at 7005, 7006, 7007, 7010, 7011, 7012, 7013, 7014, 7015, 9005, 9006, 9007, 9012, 9013, 9014, 9015, 9016, 9017

interestingly, if you look at the animation window in asset viewer, all these animations end in "....LAYER*.gr2, and "....HEAR_IT*.gr2....just an observation......

Hi, ekmek,

after a preliminary looks at parkes in and out of game.....

1) the irregular changes in glare/sunlight that affect the brow/forehead/hairline and beard......looking at the way you have laid down your textures, my guess right now is that the position of where the texture is located influences how the lights hit the model....

2) the animation "freezes" happen at 7005, 7006, 7007, 7010, 7011, 7012, 7013, 7014, 7015, 9005, 9006, 9007, 9012, 9013, 9014, 9015, 9016, 9017

interestingly, if you look at the animation window in asset viewer, all these animations end in "....LAYER*.gr2, and "....HEAR_IT*.gr2....just an observation......

Hey Bernie

1) yeah I think its an interaction between the mesh, the texture, and the lights (I'm using hiawatha's on a bismarck mesh and texture). We're still in the ancient era on this so I have no idea how they interact. Plus there is the gap where we don't have access to all the shader/lighting to modify which is where Lemmy left off and as far as I know Deliverator is not sure how to access it. Maybe clever texturing can handle it?

2) I wonder if this is because bismarck was one of the earlier leaders they made. They even have a bismarck.gr2 left over in the files.

I even had a glitch on the first WIP I posted where the animation would only fire for the lips but it would be in a 3D modeling pose when you tried to negotiate (I think I have a picture above). The way I fixd it was loading the bismarck.gr2 and saving it as parkes.gr2 then writing over this parkes.gr2 meshes with my my br2 file.

What I did before was make a gr2 directly from my br2 and it seems some info was "lost." so I'd have the br2 overwrite a copy of the base gr2 be standard practice.

So I have a question: What exactly comprises a civ5 animation? Apparently if you load just an animation file you get nothing, no meshes or anything - so how can a 3d file be just motion information? How do you animate for civ5, then?

Top Bottom