Multiplayer Challenge (Ape Island)

Caias Jupiter

Chieftain
This challenge is for players who don't have a lot of time but still enjoy civ2.

It is a simple scenario that strips the game down to battle tactics quite quickly.

The map is four square islands close together, each with equal access to a pond like playing field with a central island.

The point of the game is to capture the island and build your palace (headquarters) there.

You can see images on the file data base download page. The file is called "Ape Island."

You can do this by buying the island or taking it with force. You need money to buy the island. When you select the save, you select the amount of money you will need (approx) to buy the island.

You can get money by getting techs, by hunting ships (including your kitty corner opponents transport) or by sacking the four main cities, or the four cities closest to the center of the map (60,24).

To buy the city you require a spy or a diplomat. Each player (of 4) has a main character who has diplomat abilities. Once you have enough money, you can use him to buy the central city and win the game. However, if he dies, you die. You can also use him to steal a tech one time, after which he disappears...and you can no longer buy the city.

To take cities you require key techs....so the trade and toggling sciences are paramount. Every turn counts.

My record for capturing the central city (on 16,000 gold setting) is 1988.

With 4 players and 2 minute turn time limits, it can be very exciting and non-time intensive.

The Challenge is to beat a 1988 win in single player mode.

Now, it is just after Christmas and I have some time to play...I am looking for a few simultaneous players. Contact me if you would like to try and we will set up a game.

Cheers,
Caias Jupiter
3george33@gmail.com

Top Bottom