Autosave not working

stancollins

Chieftain
I am running v1.0.3.144 with a number of mods. Autosave is set to every 5 turns, but no saves are being made.

Have you checked your "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\single\auto" folder?

Alternatively, when you go to the Load Game screen, and click Autosaves at the top, is nothing displayed?

1. Probably a dumb question, but can you save games manually?
2. Start a new game with no mods enabled and play several turns. Do you now see autosaves? If yes, the problem may be with the mods. If no, then
3. Does your computer user name contain special characters? There was an old bug (supposedly fixed) in which autosaves weren't being generated in this situation.
4. Assuming no help so far, what is the setting for Max Autosaves Kept in the Interface Options screen?
5. Find the file UserSettings.ini (should be in the same location as the Saves folder). Do the entries in the [AutoSave] section agree with the entries in the Interface Options screen?
6. If all else fails, verify your game cache (Steam --> Library --> Right-click Sid Meier's Civilization 5 --> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache).

(Also, when using mods, the save files are stored in "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModdedSaves." However, this folder is probably also empty since you can't see the autosaves in the Load screen.)

My sincerest apology. I thought I had selected Autosaves in the Load Game screen but had not. When I did, I found my saved games. I didn't find them in the regular folder because I'm playing with mods and, as Petek pointed out, they were in the Modded Saves folder.

Thanks to all who offered help for my brain freeze.

Top Bottom