MOO2Civ

I like your ideas so far.

About the Dawn of Man text: I can easily get that in (already made a draft version, getting rid of most Final Frontier references), but is it from MOO3? Because I'd really like to get the mod fully converted to MOO2 first. (I like your MOO3 ideas, but not all MOO2 fans are fond of it. If MOO2Civ is complete, a MOO3 version could be implemented as an Add-on - or even as a separate MOO3Civ, if you feel up to it.)

About racial abilities: haven't looked into those yet, but your suggestions sound like good improvements.

About the tech tree: at present I'm happy as it is (there are still plenty of "empty" advances available that could be used for promotions or otherwise), but if you can think of an original MOO2 advance that needs to be added (for whatever reason), that's OK too.

About the LHs: if you already have some ready, they could be added, I think. (Because current 2nd Leaderheads are actually taken from Spy screens - which is why they are so grayish. I'm still working on adding First Contact Diplomacy text for the 2nd Leaders, which is still missing.)

In short: if you can prepare any files that could be included, just post zipfiles on the thread, so I can include them in the next patch. I appreciate the help!;)

This is from MOO community, actually there's no full orion sector story in games but there are fan communities which get answers from developers and make some nice concept art. This is where I get it from.
Also if you check the text, it says about pre-orions and arrival in the orion sector. So it should fit to MOO, MOO2 and MOO3. Just read before asking questions =).

I have some leaderheads and buttons.

The techtree is nice but needs some balance.
For example workers, colony ships and roads in 1 very early tech is too much I think =).
And there's always a place for new techs, so it'll come with a time.
I'd like to have government civics from MOO2 and to borrow some from MOO3 (don't be afraid to take something from MOO3, this game is very close in concept to MOO2, it's just a matter of time period and all; if you miss something you need in MOO2 you take it from MOO3 if there're no conflicts with the time period).

Thank you, Deon! It looks as if another patch update isn't far off! (BTW, I did read the whole text, but somehow it didn't look familiar, that's why I asked. It's been a while since I played MOO2 and I'm unfamiliar with the MOO community - I've been only a CFC member since last year, if I'm not mistaken.) Good to see you know your way around.;)

You're right about the Civics - another thing (I noticed but) haven't gotten around to. But I'd like to keep MOO2 and MOO3 versions separate preferably (as I explained earlier).

Anyway, I appreciate the help.:D (So far I got plenty helpful comments, but very little stuff that can actually be put in.):mischief:

But I'd like to keep MOO2 and MOO3 versions separate preferably (as I expalained earlier).

Good answer Jeelen. As I predicted, you are starting to get a lot of good ideas for inclusion into the mod. However, we must remain focused on completing a working version of the original MOO2 game first, before adding a single change.

At this time, we should limit work to creating the original tech tree, the original races, the original ships, the original buildings, etc. Improvements can come later. I know it is hard for everyone to wait, but achieving a complete working original version will be well worth it.

When we finally do make improvements, the changes to the original version will become that much more exciting.

Very Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Edited the DL instructions for Patch3. (Line for installation of Civ4DiploInfos was missing - though it seems no one noticed!):mischief:

Hey, a very nice mod!

But i had a little problem, since the second mod start i cant see any textcontent equal if its a menütext or untisdisplay test or any other text..
did y have an idea?

thx

I'm glad you agree; NCCSavage did a fine job of setting this up (though he seems to have gone MIA)!

It seems some text files are missing. Did you install Patch3 (see 1st post)? And if so, did you install everything according to the instructions?

I tried your mod and i like it but there are still plenty of bugs. like the crusier requiring the same tech as the delta cruisers, planetary defender upgrading to omega defende instead of delta and a lot of CtDs when viewing the pedia.

You also forgot to mention that you got to put the diplomacyinfo.xml from patch3 into the gameinfo folder.

I'm glad you like it, but as I just stated in my previous post, it's not my mod: I just felt it could be improved and decided to start a MOO2Civ thread.

Delta Cruiser is an upgrade for Cruiser, so no bug there. Planetary Defender upgrades are a bit more complicated, I agree. (If you keep your original PD units, at some point you can upgrade them to Battleoids, but if you upgrade them every time, you can only build brandnew Battleoids. I agree this could be adjusted, but haven't gotten around to in-game improvements yet.) To sum up: this is a Work In Progress; patches will continue to be released until we're ready for a working Beta Version to be uploaded.

About CTDs when viewing the Civpedia: this is news to me and shouldn't occur. Are you sure everything is installed correctly?

Building the astral gate was a waaaaaaaaaay too easy. the tech isnt even the the most expensice plus you get a free tech when you research the prequesite tech first. then my capital built one gate piece each turn even without monarchy cause of all the factories+meklar.
all the more advanced units didnt even come into play.
nice mod mod but still needs some work.

For the delta cruiser:
i mean both the normal and the delta cruiser required the same tech!

And i got CtD when viewing certain pedia entries like delta cruiser or probe.
maybe because i did not had the diplomacy xml i mentioned above not at in the right folder when starting the game.

I was considering including a post on How to improve the MOO2 feel when playing the mod, so here it goes.

When playing a Custom Game enable one more civ (for a total of 8), set barbarians to Raging, AI to Aggressive and disable the Human Ascendancy Victory options. (The latter makes no sense for MOO2.) Also, do NOT disable City Razing. If you like, you can also disable Diplomatic Victory or include some more civs.

Especially Raging Barbarians ups the challenge, but the combination gives a fairly good result in gameplay, IMO. (I'm presently considering removing all Final Frontier text references and replacing "Barbarians" with "Antarans", but while modifying files I forgot to make a copy of an original file and reinstall the mod, resulting in some delay. Playtests have shown barbarians to raze colonies sometimes, so that's in line with Antaran behaviour - partly at least.)

About CTD: I cannot confirm your Civpedia crashes (though it shouldn't be related to a Diplo file). Currently, I can only advise to check your installation or do a mod/patch reinstall according to procedure.

The problem with moo2 base buildings/design is that it requires sdk editing a lot.
I can't implement the "equipment" promotions yet because I lack a lot of functions which should be initialized through SDK and I can't make it pure python because of small experience.
So I dunno what "biospheres" or battle pods could be good for, for example.
I'll see other python mods and try to make something special from MOO2 theme.

hy guys, great idea !! (im former moo & moo2 player...)

hope you'll end with something working fine :)

I'm glad you agree; NCCSavage did a fine job of setting this up (though he seems to have gone MIA)!

It seems some text files are missing. Did you install Patch3 (see 1st post)? And if so, did you install everything according to the instructions?

Yes i did, and i did it like the instructions, i had this problem with lots of other mods, too. so i think i could be a problem with vista or the civ complete editon.

Are you using your civ in a different language than English? I've seen this problem in several mods when the display language was not English. In those cases, switching to English solved the problem.

Regards,

Are you using your civ in a different language than English? I've seen this problem in several mods when the display language was not English. In those cases, switching to English solved the problem.

Regards,

Yeah that was it. Thank you! I had play in german. Switch to english and goes nice. But boring is that i havent this idea by myself^^ ;)

:crazyeye:Ah... yes...hadn't thought of that - thank you Sir DOC! (Better try and remember this...):mischief:

EDIT: (Forgot to mention) Added link to Patch3 to the MOO2Civ DL page (in the Comments).

Top Bottom