One for experience

MattX

Chieftain
I beat up on Korea and captured Seoul followed by a peace treaty. My original little SoD got isolated in Seoul surrounded by enemy territory :blush: . Had to quickly knock up another one as 15 turns later the Roman's declared war on me and truned up with 30-40 SoD including tanks, art, MG, inf, cav and marines. They had the tech advantage but I wiped it out with 10 suicidal arts and 30 inf, few rif and mace! :lol:

Lesson, don't get your SoD stuck after a peace treaty :blush:

Stack Of Doom

next lesson, when you capture cities, make sure you will know how to deal with the cultural pressure

Stack Of Doom

next lesson, when you capture cities, make sure you will know how to deal with the cultural pressure

What options do you suggest? Take a Great Artist with me? Wipe out all surrounding cities? Use US or Slavery to build culture buildings quick and jack up the culture slider? What's the best way?

What options do you suggest? Take a Great Artist with me? Wipe out all surrounding cities? Use US or Slavery to build culture buildings quick and jack up the culture slider? What's the best way?

I find the most effective way is to burn my culture problems to the ground. :p For example, if there's a shiny shrine city that I want, I won't just take it and capitulate. I'll capture it and then go around in an arc, capturing and/or razing any cities that'll give it trouble.

Obviously this isn't always possible, but it's the most effective way. Otherwise vassalize the guy (so the city can work all its BFC tiles regardless of culture) and keep a large army inside to prevent it from revolting.

Yeah, I learned early on that sometimes it is better to prolong a war than to accept peace to find your new cities under intense cultural pressure.

I will often take the city, and capitulate. The Masters cultural power almost always takes precendence over the vassals cultural power, so 10% should be plenty to control a tile!!

I don't know the exacy mechanics, however...

I will often take the city, and capitulate. The Masters cultural power almost always takes precendence over the vassals cultural power, so 10% should be plenty to control a tile!!

I don't know the exacy mechanics, however...

The master's culture will determine control of the tiles in the BFC, but the vassal's culture can still cause the city to go into revolt if the city's garrison is too small.

But with the entire BFC, you can build cultural buildings extremely quickly (unless you are neighbouring a legendary city :p)

Obviously its not a total rule, but it is a useful thing to realise.

Top Bottom