The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kind of map projections of the planet Earth that are, say, 2000 pixels wide and 1000 pixels in height, with fuzziness at the top and bottom for better looking globes when such map is mapped to a sphere, what kind of map projections are they called?

Is there a way to combat depression without medication?

Exercise can help. It releases something-or-other (I forget what it's called, sorry;)) that makes you feel good about yourself.

Not as such. But you try to change how it affects your life. Which doesn't necessarily make you less miserable. But could change how you succeed at other things.

Exercise can help. It releases something-or-other (I forget what it's called, sorry;)) that makes you feel good about yourself.

endorphins

If at all possible take long walks and just talk to other people. If there is a park or mall nearby, there are always people sitting. Ask them how they are doing, people tend to want talk about themselves. Sorta a way to get things out that one is feeling inside. Listen and then maybe they will ask you a question. If they are too shy or do not want to talk keep walking and try again. Eventually you will find someone who does.

Depends why you've got it. If you're just unlucky enough to have a problem with the wiring, then probably not (any medics here?) but if it's been triggered by something specific then by changing your situation - getting a [better/more fulfilling] job, finding a [girl]friend, or moving somewhere warmer could help. I know I intially came down with a mild form of the thing after retiring; moving back into a job where I could make my work almost a hobby again pretty much cured it.

How do you know he does? Maybe god send people to hell to be punished, but the devil refuses to do as he's told and holds an external kegger instead.

If the Devil is evil, why does he punish bad people?

Why would the devil tell someone to do good? The punishment for not doing something good is what?

Why would the devil tell someone to do something evil? The punishment for not doing evil is what?

How do you know he does? Maybe god send people to hell to be punished, but the devil refuses to do as he's told and holds an external kegger instead.

I don't know that he does. In fact, I have no reason to believe that he actually exists :p I'm just curious as to how it works out.

Why would the devil tell someone to do good? The punishment for not doing something good is what?

Why would the devil tell someone to do something evil? The punishment for not doing evil is what?

I'm not exactly sure I understand the meaning that you're trying to convey.

-

The way I've understood it is that he just generally loves making it miserable humans in general, so having EVIL souls sent to him on a regular basis keeps him content, regardless.

The kind of map projections of the planet Earth that are, say, 2000 pixels wide and 1000 pixels in height, with fuzziness at the top and bottom for better looking globes when such map is mapped to a sphere, what kind of map projections are they called?

I think you mean Mercartor projection. There the higher latitudes get bigger than they really are

If I remember Paradise Lost correct, Satan punishes the evil people because that is one of the few ways open to him to strike back at God. Evil people getting sent to Hell is undertaken by God, Satan simply strikes back at God. Same basic reason he decieved the Mother of Mankind.

I don't know that he does. In fact, I have no reason to believe that he actually exists :p I'm just curious as to how it works out.
I'm not exactly sure I understand the meaning that you're trying to convey.

-

The way I've understood it is that he just generally loves making it miserable humans in general, so having EVIL souls sent to him on a regular basis keeps him content, regardless.

Punishment is what happens when a law is broken as a means of correction.

It is illogical to me to think satan is punishing any one. Hanging out with an excommunicated angel may be fun, for all I know. Religion is what has produced a punishment mentality. I am not saying that God does not punish, He has the right, but I think that being cursed/damned is more terrible than being punished. Satan does not want any to be miserable IMO. He just wants them to miss out on what he once had, but can never have again. Of course his advice seems to lead to misery most of the time. Like trying the same thing in a 100 different ways and still getting the same result.

Sure. If you can find lessons you can afford, you may need to relearn some things though.
I was hoping that theyd start me from square one. Not sure how to get back into shape so I can still train yet not make myself sick. That was the mistake I made about some years ago when my old job placed me in god awful hours :ick:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom