Aliens error: ¿autocolonization of Centaurus?

14darkdays

Chieftain
Hello, I am playing an ''Extended Original Game'', with the Brr'til alien civilization. The fact is that I played all the game alone in the Centaurus planet, as the only alien civilization, all ok...

But the problem came when I built the spaceship and sent it to the Earth. A text and a video started showing a spaceship leaving the Earth and arriving on Centaurus, so confusing because I sent the spaceship FROM Centaurus TO Earth... so, in the next turn, the Earth map is now revealed to me, so exciting! But... some human colonizers and marines (of my own civilization, the Brr'til) appeared on my own planet, Centaurus. WTF!?

I don't know what can I do, because it seems not to be any way to arrive on Earth now and exterminate the human civs... help please!

...have I colonized myself?

Indeed, without a modified events file the colonists are always created on Centaurus, even for the alien civs. Fortunately, you can still send your units to Earth! You can use the new colonist unit to build transporters ("Build Teleporter (j)" order) and after completion send your armies through by using the Teleport (n) order.

OMG, that's great! Really, thank you for your help, I will do it the next time! So, I should learn how to modify the Events file properly... is there any tutorial that explains how to make the different modifications without creating worse problems??

Actually, the manual (pdf version comes with the game) has a decent section about the event language. Looking at the event files of the Sci-Fi and the Fantasy games should also help. Furthermore, there's some bits and pieces scattered across the internet, for example here.

Top Bottom