How do you play ToT with modern monitors (things look so small)?

Petrus Octavian

Chieftain
One drawback about the new, more realistic graphics of Test of Time (compared to Civ 1) is that on modern monitors things look so tiny on high resolutions. The default resolution for my 22' monitor is 1650x1050, but despite Windows' nagging I prefer 1440x900. But even then things look so tiny that I find it hard to enjoy the game, especially the city production map is just a blur. Things look better when I decrease my monitors resolution to 1280x720 or lower, but it's not an optimal solution since it messes up other things.

So what do other players do?

Are there any graphics replacers that makes things look better in high resolutions?
I checked the download pages, but there's just so much stuff, and nothing stood out as being just the thing I need.

I play civ2 with 1920x1080 resolution and I got used to the smaller size, not such a big deal. I like seeing more of the map too. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference or simply getting used to it.

You can zoom in and out under the view options.

Zooming in causes a massive loss of graphics quality, I'd advise against that unless you don't mind seeing pixels everywhere.

Yes, zooming makes things pixelated, and it doesn't work for the city map anyway.
Oh well, switching between 1440x900 and 1024x768 is a kind of workable solution.

Top Bottom