CIV 5 turns take approximately 9 minutes

Foxtrot_01

Chieftain
Hello all,
First time in this forum. I have enjoyed playing Civilization for a long time, although the last time I played it was on PS2, yes a long time. I also played it on PC but it was a long time ago.
I got two days ago CIV 5 on PC, I have a Sony VAIO VGN-NS150J/W 15.4-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive, and about 45 Gb of Harddrive free space.

One thing that I have noticed is that the turns take extremely long, I google this and people were complaining about 30-45 seconds even 2 minutes, but mine is taking a lot longer I think.
I started with a small map, 6 civilizations, I started playing Thursday evening around 7pm, turned it off around 10pm so I got 3 hours of play time, yesterday I played from around 7-9pm. In 5+ hours I have 33 turns, that is approximately 9 minutes per turn, is this normal?

What can I do to speed this up, I don’t remember this taking so long. Should I check in to my laptop to see if that is the problem or is my configuration on the game delaying something.

Any advice is much appreciated.

and I thought I was being a baby whining about 8 second turn lengths in mid game.

Indeed I was.

I bought a hex core Intel I7 980 just for this game, and at stock speed I still need to wait around 10s, maybe even more between turns. I don't like overclocking anymore because it makes my room too hot, and I want it to last as long as possible without dying.

Your processor is just way too slow. Not much you can do about it without buying new hardware.

Top Bottom