Minor Leaders

Spoiler :
There was a sensation of falling, wrapped in flames. He could see his hand outstretched, reaching for... who? A friend, an enemy? He couldn't think for the pain, but his body knew the movements his heart would intend. His arm wrapped around the fiery figure and pulled it tight, shielding it from the flames. He could see, but he knew his eyes were melted into nothingness. He turned his face to the heat, looked upon the goddess, and fell into blackness.

Slowly the light came in, his body was in tatters, he should be dead. Around him were hundreds, thousands of others. Not all were burned as he was, but all were lost and confused. He stood on shaking feet and looked out across an ashen waste.

"Terentius?" a voice, female and sweet to his ears. He turned to see her, beautiful in spite of the burns. His mind began to comprehend, she was his wife and he had placed himself between her and pain. First the fires of the goddess, then the ground of... where ever this was.

"Where are we my love?" speaking was like trying to cough up ground glass, he had to be the most injured of anyone he could see but he had to know.

"I heard one of the priestesses talking, she thinks we are in Hell." And with that Terentius's wife fell too her knees and wept.

-----------------------

How long I have wandered the pit? he thought as he marched. Behind him was a full brigade of the surviving Bannormen, their tattered penants flapping in a breeze he could not feel. He couldn't feel anything anymore, not since he had healed, his scars a thick leather across his whole body separating him from the barren desert about him. Soon Sabathiel would lead them through the gate and back to Erebus, but for now he must lead these men to the rendesvous and hope to keep them alive. So many had died, or been dragged off by demons to fates worse than death, and that was not all. Time flowed in ways that were simply wrong here, he had lived what must be centuries, his wife had died of old age. Some of these men and women were his great-great-grandchildren, yet he felt as fit as he had before the goddess fell. He could sense a wrongness in the trail ahead, something moving beneath the sands.

He rounded toward and column and shouted. "Form battle lines! Prepare to repel ambush!" Instantly ranks were formed and marching cautiously forward. He hoped he would keep them alive long enough to escape hell.

------------------------

Age. It catches up with all of us, Terentius Ferius sat astride a great warhorse of the Bannor looking across the Clan's forces forming on the rise. He could no longer wear his armor, couldn't lift a sword, couldn't even wipe himself. When they had emerged from the gate he had been struck blind, eyes gone for an Age finally ceased to see, the confessors had drawn deep on their reserves and given him back his eyes, but no longer could any divine magics aid his broken frame. He would die on this battlefield, or the next, and not from an enemies axe but simple age. It wasn't as if he was afraid of death, but rather he didn't want to go back to hell. He heard the order to advance from Capria and as led his men forward he wept.

-------------------------

He lay for some time, a Clan spear in his chest, cataract covered eyes searching the sky above for death. He wanted to hold on as long as he could, taste a little more of his home's air before he was once more condemned. A shadow fell over him and a woman in black knelt by him, she smiled at him and once more blackness enveloped him.

He awoke in a forest far from the battlefield, the woman tending his wounds gently. He felt strangely invigorated, like his body had never known the touch of time. She looked up at him and said something he couldn't hear, and he felt his lips give an answer without him ever willing them too.

--------------------------

There was a sensation of falling, but there was no pain. He flesh was stripped and stretched and cleaned, the adept was like a sculptor working life into clay. Terentius stood at the end and looked into a silvered mirror and beheld the face of his youth, the only change was the balefire shining from his eyes.

---------------------------

He sat astride a great warhorse looking at the Clan's lines forming on a rise. This time he would not die, never again would he walk the wastes of hell. He was Reborn and he would create a paradise on Erebus. He heard Korrina give the order to advance and as he led his men forward he smiled.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it would quite fit other background texts already in place.

Hope this is the right place to put this...

Tried playing as Mechanos, and it seemed kind of useless for Maer to have the Magic Resistant trait... seeing as how the Mechanos already have a building that grants this promotion to their units.

Not sure what I'd replace it with... maybe just make her Emergent and let her pick up a new trait somewhere down the road or something.

Bit of a balance issue with the monument to tyranny. With the advent of healers is pretty easy to get a population 20 city before ever researching 2nd tier techs. Plus due to his emergent leader status and a mega city building the bone palace for philosophical is pretty easy.

In any case, it seems powerful enough to simply have the monument not provide unhappy for vampiric feasting and slave driving. Currently it's pretty broken.

Bit of a balance issue with the monument to tyranny. With the advent of healers is pretty easy to get a population 20 city before ever researching 2nd tier techs. Plus due to his emergent leader status and a mega city building the bone palace for philosophical is pretty easy.

In any case, it seems powerful enough to simply have the monument not provide unhappy for vampiric feasting and slave driving. Currently it's pretty broken.

That leader is slotted for removal, honestly. We have others coming in. ;)

I like the background, but there's no art/AI/Religious Pref for him, and I frankly don't have time to go hunting for art at the moment. ;)

Point taken. I've finally got the internet back at home now (long story). I'll suss out preferences later, but I had a flick through deviantart for portraits. Not as productive as I'd hoped:

http://sabotsabot.deviantart.com/art/kropotkin-portrait-63101395

- A drawing of Propotkin. It would have been great except that it's a pencil drawing in black and white.

Searching on the term "fantasy beard" came up with...

http://sedeslav.deviantart.com/art/Edard-Stark-ID-142710203

- Not too shabby, but he looks too young, and is apparently a character from A Song of Fire and Ice.

http://tammara.deviantart.com/art/The-Journey-118215569

- Would probably work if the ships in the background on the left hand side can be clipped out.

I know this might be said before. IT would be interesting to put a revolution mod with these new leaders and so you have conflict inside and outside of your civilization. To make it more depth and more interesting.

I'd like to see revolutions and rebellions too, if they have lower chances of occurring - I once played a game of Rise of Mankind starting with 3 civs. By about turn 200 I had 15!

Related, what triggers Minister Koun taking over a city? I've seen this happen in a few AI civs but I don't know why

Revolutions and Rebellions and so on would be a nice feature - it might also be nice to create vassals on other continents like you could in base civ.

Related, what triggers Minister Koun taking over a city? I've seen this happen in a few AI civs but I don't know why

'Tis a random event. When one of your cities says it wants to separate from your empire, Koun is why.

So interesting seeing all this work merged in. And to see characters I created take on different roles and life.

I got a Svartalfar proposal. I'm not quite sure on the AI weight stuff but please ask me about any uncertainties. I figured I'd start with this before adding diplomatic flavour.

Spoiler :

Emergent Leader

Alakagh in the Shadows
True Neutral

Cautious if nothing has happened, i.e. negative and positive relation modifiers evened out means neutral stance. They are great friends of anyone that shares their religion particularly if it’s Song of Leaves but do not care much about others having a different religion (except Octopus Overlords), She really dislikes very close borders usually acts aggressively on that, even worse if you declared war on her or razed one of her cities. She will favour peace so long as there are peaceful means to expand and only when she thinks she has the edge.
Focus: Expansion > Army > Economy > Culture > Science
Favourite Civic: City States
Hated Civic: Aristocracy
Favourite Religion: Song of Leaves
Favourite Wonder: The eyes and ears network

Shadowdancer
Free promotion (Shadowdancer) Recon units.
-1 attack power (alternatively -1 defense or both), shadow affinity 1

I don’t know the exact scope, but if possible I would also like to propose a Hero Alakagh in the Shadows. Can be built with Hunting and Hunting Lodge, Strength 1, Shadow Affinity 2, other than the strength and promotions is a regular hunter, aka +50 against animals etc. Replaces Alazkan the Assassin, Starts with Subdue Animal, Subdue Beast and Hero.
Is authorized to get Shadow I, Shadow II and Shadow III at levels 8, 12 and 16.
Costs 120.
Graphic set, regular Shadow

Having been born into a noble household she was orphaned at a young age when a distant aunt had her parents and siblings assassinated. She only survived because as a child her she loved hiding in dark places and developed a natural gift for it. Even though she was able to avoid imminent doom her trials were far from over. She knew enough that turning to any of the other houses for help would only lead her to be offered as gift to her aunt so she had to leave the city. Only when she was alone did she realize how much she feared and hated the dark. In the wilderness, darkness meant danger around every corner and what began as child’s pastime became struggle for survival.
As she grew older she learned to control her latent magical abilities, further extending her capacity to fuse in and out of the shadows and use that to her advantage and communicating with the local wildlife and soon enough no one was able to get inside her forest without her knowing first.
From time to time she would dare to visit the city, usually accompanied by a swarm of birds who would serve as her eyes and ears and quickly scatter and flutter back and forth to warn her of incoming eyes. As she gained the ability to hide in plain sight and move unseen through broad daylight, this became less and less of an issue.
Instead she directed her birds to different issues. Information gathering. Shocked by the abject cruelty of her kin; not cruelty as a means the way survival in the wildness taught her, but cruelty as an end, and further incited by learning how her aunt was responsible for this shift in local politics, she swore to put an end to it.
Only when she had finished her self-imposed quest did she realize that this ran deeper than she had imagined and that her parents were the exception, not the norm. This was not her aunts doing or a local problem, this was Svartalfar society at large. And thus began her real quest.

Feedback would be nice, I'm pretty sure the structure is kind of a mess, when important points are only introduced as they come into play and so forth. I guess you'll notice that this was put together on a whim so to speak.

Now...I would like this picture http://azazel1944.deviantart.com/art/Viconia-63300675 but I didn't want to create a profile on deviantart just to ask and I was hoping maybe someone who knew could ask? Pretty please.
It would be a cropped picture obviously, I mean there's really no reason for those other guys to be in the picture. (Is that supposed to be Minsc, Edwin and Jaheira?)

These would also do (in descending order)
http://fantasy-npc.deviantart.com/art/Feriel-94342211

http://aldin.deviantart.com/art/Drow-ing-291656206

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2388061

http://yumedust.deviantart.com/art/Dark-Elves-57619440

The official RIFE team has effectively disbanded, and the people doing development now are on different paths; your best bet is to just make an independent module and release it. It shouldn't break anything.

I'd suggest .5 Shadow Affinity rather than a full +1, considering it's for literally every Recon unit.

You're covered on the art re: fair use. Even if it had one of those little STOP you cannot ever use this art for anything stickers, you could still use it.

So, just 0.5 shadow affinity and no malus or anything. Yeah, that was actually an option too. I guess I'll just copy paste one of the existing leaders and make some changes here and there.

edit:
I tried that, it appears that it has to be integer.

Top Bottom