Favorite Emergent Leader

jackelgull

An aberration of nature
Everyone talks about the wonders of important/historical leaders, but I often find that the emergent leaders are often overlooked which I feel is kind of unfair. For example, I consider Naxus the strongest Amurite leader because his traits make apprentices 4 strength units with a free summon equivalent to building a warrior for fifty hammers all for 180 hammers making him the strongest military leader. His arcane units also get the necromancer promotion which means faster experience and faster healing from battles. Since his arcane units will also eventually become undead they can also get cannibalize.
Reorx on the other hand, gets a production advantage that is just plain ridiculous. Ordinarily, a semiarid hill is 2 hammers. With Veinhunter it becomes 3 a fifty percent increase, essentially the same thing as god king. With God king running it becomes 4.5 hammers or a 125% increase. Of course if your just working one it rounds down to 4.
Emergent leaders also have on of the most overpowered tricks in the game. If you don't get any abilities by taxation or if you refuse to get any traits and keep the emergent trait and you're running republic then you can get an infinite number of traits. I found this out accidentally through Reorx when I wasn't lucky enough to activate any traits by midgame and made my customary switch to republic. It's a beautiful thing when you have financial and aggressive and organized and vein hunter running at the same time. Of course I am not aware if this is a bug or not and if it is due for removal soon. Now my question is, does anyone else have a emergent leader that is their favorite?

a shame emergent leaders don't get additional traits now. When they did i really liked Tethira. Free promotion is always welcome. And if you got lucky and gained Aggressive...

Prime Minister Esirce

Getting Ingenuity should come easy enough (and since you're probably running with a small army and Pacifism, cheaper updates and bigger and better guns are just what the doctor ordered), if you really wanna get things rolling you could produce an engineer and try to get the Bone Palace as well for Magic Resistance, and if you're lucky you get Organized and Financial or Industrious and Expansive.

Best case scenario, you'll have 6 traits, and they'll turn your rocky start pretty competitive in no time...if only it worked.

Can someone explain the different kinds of leaders?
The pedia doesnt say and the wiki is down/gone.

I roughly know how they worked a long time ago, but they seem to have changed since I played last.

Can someone explain the different kinds of leaders?
The pedia doesnt say and the wiki is down/gone.

I roughly know how they worked a long time ago, but they seem to have changed since I played last.

If memory serves:

Major Leaders: Regular leaders from vanilla civ.

Minor Leaders: Like Major Leaders, but receive a small penalty to stuff until they have 4 cities.

Emergent Leaders: Usually only start with one trait, which is often unique to them. Based on your play-style, they can gain one or more new traits, and then change to a major leader.

It was planned for the emergent leader mechanic to be moved to minor leaders, and for emergent leaders to have special traits that would grow stronger as the game progressed.

Ok, thanks.
I have been avoiding anything other than Major leaders because I wasnt sure what the others were, I think I will have to try some Emergent or Minor leaders now!

Top Bottom