GFC error: Failed to initiate the primary control theme

morchuflex

Emperor
Hello.

I have been enjoying this modmod for three months. :)

Unfortunately, I had to uninstall and reinstall, and now Wildmana won't start. :(
I get the above error message during startup, somewhere between "init XML" and "init fonts".

Here's the install procedure I followed.
I installed "vanilla" FFH2 first (v. 0.41), then the "o" patch, and FFH2 works.
Then I installed Wildmana 8.xx, then its patch, and... it won't start. :cry:

Help!

Never mind, I found the problem: when installing, I dared change the name of the mod folder (from "FFH Wild Mana" to "Wild mana"), and apparently that was enough to anger the gods of Erebus.

Problem solved by reverting to the default name. Annoying but not critical.

Since I started this thread anyway, why not turn it into smething useful?

For instance, could anyone tell me why "init XML" takes 35 seconds (on a E6600 computer)? It only takes about 5 with any other mod... Could it mean that most Wild mana changes (from vanilla FFH2) are applied through a lot of XML editing? Or does it mean the files I downloaded are corrupt?

You're right about the time it takes, the long load isn't anything to do with corrupted files.

You're right about the time it takes, the long load isn't anything to do with corrupted files.
Good to know...
I'd be curious to know how much time it takes to load on a state of the art computer... Is it a matter of CPU power?

I would say it is a matter of harddrive. Try using two identical good harddrives with raid and you should be able to get the load time down.

Top Bottom