Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Honestly everyone loves drunk greedy dwarves. On the other hand no one can agree on what elves should be like. Such is Fantasy.

Two races of dwarfs, one uses the artwork of golem making, and the other is for war and fortification. I wish there was another one that is more steampunk-ish/technology, but we mechano's had it and too bad it's not a mix race of humans and dwarfs as both of them are technology great.

there should be some bad diplomacy for elves and dwarfs, both of them don't get along as dwarfs are industry and the elves are tree-folks. It's like industrialism vs Environmentalism. Almost every fantasy both dark and generic have this issue.

Two races of dwarfs, one uses the artwork of golem making, and the other is for war and fortification. I wish there was another one that is more steampunk-ish/technology, but we mechano's had it and too bad it's not a mix race of humans and dwarfs as both of them are technology great.

there should be some bad diplomacy for elves and dwarfs, both of them don't get along as dwarfs are industry and the elves are tree-folks. It's like industrialism vs Environmentalism. Almost every fantasy both dark and generic have this issue.

I always felt like the Lurichip were more gnome than dwarf. Technically they're dwarves, but thematically I think kazad when I think dwarf. The Mechano's need a few dwarf units. A dwarf hero who no longer follows Kilphmore would be cool.

I think this probably was an issue in the Age of Magic. However since the elves are preoccupied with a civil war and the dwarves really have no reason to tangle with the elves, it seems like an issue that wouldn't be addressed til post age of rebirth.

This is sort of related and something that has always bugged me, but, after spending centuries at war and not in contact with each other, the only differences between the Seelie and Unseelie courts are Archers/Assassins, Snow Tigers/Deer, and their religions. Seems like two diametrically opposed would be a little more different.

This is sort of related and something that has always bugged me, but, after spending centuries at war and not in contact with each other, the only differences between the Seelie and Unseelie courts are Archers/Assassins, Snow Tigers/Deer, and their religions. Seems like two diametrically opposed would be a little more different.

I'd personally like to see the Svartalfar have an even stronger affinity for the CoE instead of them doing best under FoL. That would have to be a pretty sizable bonus though.

Oh yeah, while I'm commenting on stuff, I'd like to see the No Unique Features tickbox added back to the custom games list.

I'd personally like to see the Svartalfar have an even stronger affinity for the CoE instead of them doing best under FoL. That would have to be a pretty sizable bonus though.

But COE gives you invisibility! In your own territory! To help fend off all those successful invasions the AI launches! But only if you have the Holy City Temple! And don't forget the hidden nationality archers! That you don't get til Bowyers!

COE is mostly underpowered to begin with, but a Svart only bonus would be nice. What if all your recon units gain an affinity for shadow mana? :mischief: Invisibility in neutral lands would be nice too...

Also, since the lack of priests can get annoying, what if units with the COE religion could change their unit class without changing art/stats/etc. This could allow healing/inquisition/divine esus spells, without giving esus lore violating preists.

Also, since the lack of priests can get annoying, what if units with the COE religion could change their unit class without changing art/stats/etc. This could allow healing/inquisition/divine esus spells, without giving esus lore violating preists.

That's an interesting idea. It's a bit similar to Xivan's trait though, with his divine-as-arcane units. Maybe we could get rid of Xivan and merge his trait into CoE.

So I'm playing Cassiel/Grigori and have popped a few angels (Gabriel, Michael, etc., heheh) from goody huts.

However, I don't think I will ever be able to upgrade them into anything as I'm not the Mercurians. Could an upgrade mechanism be put into place to allow non-Mercurian players to still upgrade Angels to something? Maybe not all of the various units that the Mercurians can upgrade to, just one or two. Gives it a little more RPG-ish flavor and is a good reason to keep the angels around and guarded as otherwise I don't think there is a way for a non-Mercurian player to get angels.

EDIT: Also, I've noticed that the Force I spell, Accelerate, is castable when no other siege units are around but Fort Commanders (which are classified as siege.) It doesn't really hurt anything per se as Fort Commanders are leashed and can't move, but is mildly annoying. Could Fort Commanders be made ineligible for the "Accelerated" promotion?

So, I managed to capture 2 giant apes. Margalard and the other one.. I can't remember the name right now. I got them both together and I thought that it would be nice if they could produce something like a really powerful offspring or something. Just a thought...

Was it really necessary to have so many leaders/civs with the agnostic trait and so many civs that restrict the use of magic?

I can understand that there is a clear attempt to create specific strategies that go with specific civs but I really wish there was more freedom. I usually end up playing the Amurites because they don't have a lot of restrictions. I find myself looking through the Civilopedia for new civs to try, and when I find one I'm interested in "Oh...wait, they can't adopt any religion..." or "Oh, they can't use any advanced magic...."

I'm sure this is a common complaint.

Personally I don't care about magic but I do care about religions, that's why I rarely play agnostic civs. I feel they're taking away a big part of the game and not bringing in enough to compensate.

I agree.
I always thought Agnostic should be the exception, reserved for the Grigori.

I accepted the Illians as it was canon.
But all the others.. I like them, but it crushes too much opportunities (there are already 6 religions). Agnostic civs can't take part in any of those choices... :(

the dural, mechanos, cualli, D'tesh, Scions... etc.. most of the new RifE civs are agnostic.
snif

as for low magic civs..
there are the Khazad.. but that's cannon.
is there any other civs ?

Well there's 8 religions: FoL, RoK, OO, the Order, AV, Empy, CoE and White Hand.
Illians are no more agnostic; Auric is limited to WH and Raitlor can adopt any religion.

Are the Dural agnostic? :confused:

And yes, most of the new civ are agnostic... For now!

oups, my bad...
i didn't check and really count the religions before writting.. next time I will :D
While white hand is a religion in mechanism.. but is it really a religion interesting for anyone save the illians ? (sorry, never really played with it)

I thought the dural were agnostic.. I will check it.
Them having replacement for any temples (schools) and acolyte/thane sounds as agnostic...

EDIT: I checked. They are not agnostic per se :
-they can adopt a religion, use the hero, the religion's UU, civics ..Etc
-they can't build temples nor priests (thus no high priest) nor beast of agares, paramender, crusader nor the sacrificial altar
so all in all, maybe I should'nt really count them as agnostic, but they feel like it.

Well it looks like a "laïcité à la française"... meaning : religions do exist and are acknoledged by the governement.. but no priest will become invested in war / politics and all religions are worth the same.

oups, my bad...
i didn't check and really count the religions before writting.. next time I will :D
but, while white hand is a religion in mechanism.. but is it really a religion interesting for anyone save the illians ? (sorry, never realy played with it)

I thought the dural were agnostic.. I will check it.
Them having replacement for any temples (schools) and acolyte/thane sounds as agnostic...

I think you can get Drifta with a non Illian WH. Possibly.

Honestly it's there so we can win a quick religious victory with the White Hand as the Amurites to be ironic.

I think you can get Drifta with a non Illian WH. Possibly.

Honestly it's there so we can win a quick religious victory with the White Hand as the Amurites to be ironic.

I don't think so. Just to see what happened I built the ritual that brings Drifta (I was playing the Amurites with ROK).

However, he came and left me the same turn. :cry:

It's somewhat frustrating that I can't tell my sidar unseen -not- to attack that hillgiant, but if I press auto-explore I can hope he'll wander to the right lair. So, for units that have stealth or 'explore rival territories', can we get a popup that asks us if we want to attack, even for nations we are at war with?

Top Bottom