After many years, I feel I can say I've mastered Civilization Revolution

DEC1MU5

Chieftain
I have finally achieved Deity victories of every type, with every civilization.
Apologies if this was better suited for the stories subforum, it's just that didn't have a post since 2011.

I found some civilizations were much more difficult to win with than others. I had the hardest time with the Greeks for some reason. The easiest is by far the Mongols because of the massive amounts of cities you can get by plundering Barbarian Villages.

Once you get to a high level, even Deity victories can be quite easy. The #1 strategy I found that works best is to knock out AT LEAST 1 other civilization in the first few turns, this levels the playing field and gives you a few turns advantage over everyone else.
Often scouting with a settler immediately and building your capital nearby the nearest capital and rushing just one warrior can knock them out. I've also had games where I took out 3 civilizations using just a warrior army. It's all about the great general (With March, Blitz, Healing, and Infiltration) , if you can keep him alive to the end, you win the game, especially if you build Leonardo's workshop and upgrade it to a Tank Army.

NOTHING happens when you get all these victories, no achievements or anything, so I felt I had to share on my favorite Civ site. Thanks for all the people who posted great strategies, stories, etc.

Congratz.

I haven't managed to do deity with every civilization but it's got to the point, where it's just get to a moderate size with decent defence and exploiting choke points and get industrialization and the games nearly assured. I really hope a sequel emerges one day that has more focus on resources, I never felt I had to fight for much and once the nuclear age began just one bomb what's the point of SDI defence at all? As for the diplomacy not enough there. I will admit I haven't played civ 4 or 5 but spent some time on the first and months on 2 and by far that's the way harder game, I think revolutions was a good effort very easy to play, little bit on 3 too which after getting windows ten decided to die but 2 works go figure!? I had hopes for revolution 2 but all it seems is different graphics and the same game... if a third ever comes out it needs to be harder in modern times, more resource wars and more diplomatic choices and yes an actual chance of nuclear war, once ya start making money it gets too easy.

Top Bottom