Diplomacy by numbers - spreadsheet

Any word on BNW updated stats?

I've seen the G&K updated one around the internet everywhere but here.

why does Civ have to be so immersive and historically accurate?

its a game.

Quite. If we want historical accuracy, we can read history books. Why play on an imaginary planet with real civilizations? And what's historically accurate about a leader that survives for thousands of years with the same personality?

Quite. If we want historical accuracy, we can read history books. Why play on an imaginary planet with real civilizations? And what's historically accurate about a leader that survives for thousands of years with the same personality?

Almost nothing in CIV is historically accurate.

Almost nothing in CIV is historically accurate.

Isn't "Almost nothing" a bit unfair?

I thought that the Civilization series was getting better in this regard. No, actually Civ IV seems much better than Civ V in regard to historical accuracy, though certainly not by a lot. These two games seemed to be written for different audiences, causual players and serious players. Historical accuracy was prioritized to meet these players demands or lack there of. On the other hand, the hidden diplomatic system could be said to be more accurate, but all players (those that insist on historical accuracy and those that don't care) hated it. It was not fun to play, and above all a game must be fun to play if nothing else.

The game has to have some historical accuracy, otherwise it should not claim the title "Civilization". On the other hand, it never claims to be a simulation of human civilization; it is after all, just a game with some of the trappings of historical accuracy in a very generic sense.

The truth is the player is writing a new history of civilization with every new game he plays.

Sun Tzu Wu

why does Civ have to be so immersive and historically accurate?

its a game.

An history based game. Historical fiction suffers when it is blatantly wrong (what would you think of a novel based in 12th century England that has the hero checking his fob watch?), and so do historical games.

As to immersive, well many players enjoy that. Being enjoyable is kind of the point of a game, isn't it?

An history based game. Historical fiction suffers when it is blatantly wrong (what would you think of a novel based in 12th century England that has the hero checking his fob watch?), and so do historical games.

As to immersive, well many players enjoy that. Being enjoyable is kind of the point of a game, isn't it?

Civ isnt a history based game. Its not trying to recreate history, it is just using random bits of general info to add a flavor to the game.

You are recreating history. Making your own. I can understand historical complaints in games like rome II. But this game is more of a fantasy/alternate history kind of game. I mean, world leaders never die. Everyone has the same kind of units (minus a few). Its more like a complicated board game with an historical flavor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I'm a bit confused about the starter post...
Oda Nobunaga has a very low "Warmonger hate" score. He is very unlikely to hate you if you're a warmonger.
6 isn't very low...

Has there been a determination of what Boldness is? The others seem to be competitiveness over Wonders, and CSes. Could Boldness be competitiveness over how fast you're growing/settling new cities? I sometimes get messages warning me that x thinks I am settling new cities too quickly.

^^ None of the bias values seem to be particularly oriented towards competitiveness over the land. But that does not seem correct, since some AI definitely seem to mind more than others! Maybe the Expansion flavor (which is the AIs tendency towards ICS) trait is also used for that?

Boldness relates to the AIs willingness to be DOW with relatively weak odds. A high War score is the likelihood of the AI deciding War, but an AI with high War score but low boldness would wait until they have lots of units on hand. An AI with high War score, low Loyalty, and high Boldness will DOW the player at the drop of a pin, but before they have many units on the player’s borders.

Boldness might also factor to other risky behavior, but aside from DOWing, I am not sure what that might be.

So according to this chart if I were playing on a Pangaea map with domination victory only allowed. Who are the top 10 ai's that would be toughest to play against on deity?

That's genius, making Ghandi almost twice as likely to build nukes as ANY OTHER CIV.

How historically accurate and immersive.
I saw this list back before I got fed up with Steam. Someone noted that the Gandhi nuke preference was probably a joke by one designer and the others either didn't notice or agreed to keep it that way.

They must have changed Alexander. I remember his conquest of CS used to be one of the highest values but now he is ranked very high on protective. I also have noticed him going after diplomatic victory a lot after the patch.
Me, too. I was well ahead building spaceship and suddenly he got the votes for a Diplo victory.

Top Bottom