A Diety Challenge Monty

TLHeart

King
I enjoy playing with Monty, but have never gotten full use of the Unique building, floating gardens... Until now...

So here is a map, pangea, standard size, standard speed, where you get the option of using that unique building...

here is where you will start.

Spoiler :

I have not played but the first few turns, and as an Immortal player, this will be a challenge for me... curious to see what others do with this map.

Victory is what you choose.

I hope we can all have fun with this game, and that I can learn to play at the deity level.

and here is the starting file;

Attachments

• Montezuma_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    534.7 KB · Views: 41
and on turn 150, the conquistadors attack....

Spoiler :

the battle is going badly for monty.

and on turn 187, Monty is defeated by the spanish invaders....

settling on the spot is so bad idea ... there is a mountain on the left, I'd change one 4F tile for observatory any day.

That's a HUGE lake. Monty is really cool as the UB is almost a free ToA. I'm thinking I can totally get to size 50+ under 300 turns if I'm lucky.

settling on the spot is so bad idea ... there is a mountain on the left, I'd change one 4F tile for observatory any day.

that is a good point, did not think off it, and after studying the map after my defeat, moving south and west to the hill on the river, I still would have had floating gardens, 4 lake tiles, and an observatory..

I will try this later. I would also settle next too a mountain.

Oh you bastards huh lol. 2 Deity challenges at the same time almost. One started on the 14th and now one on the 16th. Good thing I have lots of free time. Im not sure if I want to take a break from my Ashurbanipal challenge and start this one and finish them both around the same time or not since the most fun of the game for me is the 1st 100-150 turns. Anyway I will give it a go. It is more fun for me to play these posts rather than just start my own random game. Thanks for uploading and hope to see all your posts/games soon. Oh by the way Id probably settle on the silver but Ill have to decide when I get in the game ofcourse.

Hey OP something is wrong with this map.
This map is obviously not standard Pangaea. Jungle tiles are somehow by default 3 food instead of 2 for some reason and stone in jungle!!! This means crazy growth without even trying and this'll mostly mess up any sort of strat we are used to. (shame on you under such conditions to only get to 21 pop at t170 though :lol: )

I didn't notice it until my cap was 2 pop at like 4 turns or smthg I was like whut? :lol: I don't think I'll play this one.

Hey OP something is wrong with this map.
This map is obviously not standard Pangaea. Jungle tiles are somehow by default 3 food instead of 2 for some reason and stone in jungle!!! This means crazy growth without even trying and this'll mostly mess up any sort of strat we are used to. (shame on you under such conditions to only get to 21 pop at t170 though :lol: )

I didn't notice it until my cap was 2 pop at like 4 turns or smthg I was like whut? :lol: I don't think I'll play this one.

It is pangea style map, set to wet, with plenty of jungles and rivers, grassland, jungle with fresh water mega growth....

you will find the Jungle tiles that don't have access to fresh water, are only 2 food.
I really would have liked to see you mega city. ;(
Lack of happiness, and hammers killed my growth.

I played almost 300 turns. I probably played too fast to win. I need to adjust my mindset on deity. Anyway, I have one city size 45. I had a second city but lost it. I still have a chance for a science victory but Hiawatha and Sweden are after me and I need to fight some rocket artillery battles to push them back. This of course will kills some turns and some real life hours of which I am short.

Spoiler :
Alright let's start this off by saying I know I have +400 science at the end of this game but I peaked out at around +1200. I sold all my science buildings in the last 15-20 turns along with some other buildings and all units to get gold for stadiums. Also I thought this was a pangea map and it was but it was one of those BS pangea maps that are more like Conts or something else. I was isolated and land locked on a small cont while some of the other civs had massive land with 30 cities and damn if Shoshone didn't finish with 73,000 gold. Im sure we all have seen that many times but it still boggles my mind. Also I had to keep all my cities at avoid growth for the last 75 turns! ( Another note, if anyone can please tell me where the damn porcelain is I'd love to see a pic. I looked for a good hard 5 mins after satelites and couldn't find any. Ofcourse 4 CS's wanted me to get it all game but like most games I play that damn lux is hard to obtain! )

Ok I moved over to the silver and settled my cap. The other 3 cities went 1st to the gold by the mtn, 2nd to the far sugar with no production but great defense since the AI loves the water, and the last city went east of the gold on the hill close to another sugar which I never improved :( My first 10 turns I found Spain and was on the wrong side of them when my jaguar got greedy and enslaved 2 workers in 1 turn. Ofcourse I couldn't get out alive so I executed 1 worker and left my jaguar to his fate and escaped with 1 worker only. I thought it was a good trade but Spain never forgave me. Usually I know that I can't build any other cities until the war is over so they don't want your 2nd city. Well she wasn't going to give me peace so I settled 3 expo's around t55 and hoped she would calm down. On second thought it wasn't so bad because the 240 turn war (that's right 240 turn war!) gave me lot's of free culture. The inquisition was on but it was more like a bunch of kamikaze pilots jumping into the lake to their death. My build order was pretty ugly I got NC up on t107 and I had to keep my 4th city at 1 pop for over 60 turns. I did get to steal Education around t120. Everything was late for me in this game. I couldn't handle the growth with tradition and thought liberty might work better here. Anyway it was too late and I was having some serious happy issues. I don't know if they had the settings on sparse resources but it sure felt like it. Nobody hardly had any second copies of any lux till very late in the game. Also deciding not to settle on the coast hurt my gpt with no chance of cargo ships. Funny thing I didn't get to build EIC in my cap and I buit it in my 2nd city on like turn 300. I never got Nat Epic up either, also no cavanasary... what a mess. I had to deal with this constant spanish attack and it was fine for a long time because Spain split up all units to attack me at cap and another expo ( El Loco city ). She had enough of that noise and sent a wave to my cap which did some damage. They killed my favorite Xbow with logistics and I was pissed at myself for that. I finnally built up some Artys and drove her back. It took some time but 4 arty 1 worker 1 GG and 2 lancers took down Barcelona and Madrid fell on turn 251 ( Monty's Revenge! ) As for religion, I did get the cult/jungle panth and that was nice untill Hiawa. converted all my cities in the name our Lord and Savior Yeshua. I never used any of my faith either but I never had much as I finished with only +761. ( In hindsight I should of never taken Spain's cap I should of stayed in constant war with her and kept getting all that free culture! Also she did get her cap back at around t310, England never put an army in that cap and I guess she took it down pretty easy after she rebuilt her only city and army back up. )

After all that I had to raze Barcelona and sell off Madrid to England because I was -12 happy and couldn't keep Madrid. I got some nice gpt for that and peace with Spain, she gave me one more city and I sold it for 7gpt. My culture was horrid all game and I wanted to try freedom but I just love order so I went order and it was a mess with the dissidents the whole game. I only got 3 deep into order at about t 310. My culture was too fast early on and I decided to open commerce and went down to Merc Army. Very odd but Big Ben was still up for the grabs at t327. I did go full Trad and full Rationalism. So the game was a big mess with low production and moderate science. China and England went order so I got some RAs with them and a few other civs RA'd up with me a few times to help my cause. Anyway I was supposed to lose to Shoshone but the AI can't figure out what to do with all that gold and 30 cities!! I really didn't enjoy the map very much. I had alot of ugly tiles of water, mtns, and too much jungle (waaaa... sniff) but thats just the way it goes. It sorta felt like a duel map and I had a hard time getting the other civs to war with each other. They helped out and nuked each other pretty good. I didn't even get to try for the Kremlin but I did get PT(t177) and Hubble(t280ish). Anyway the pics are below and Im sure you better players will have a laugh at my growth as usual but Ill take this win. 2-3 on deity on this site now so Im hoping to get to .500 avg soon. Thanks for posting a game, this write up makes it alot more fun than the game really was! I know its another SV(t327) but really what could I do with this map, I was in no shape for Dom or Culture and for once I really had no shot at Diplo which is usually the easiest for me.

Fluphen, Porcelain isnt found on the map. Its something you can only get from some mercantile City States at ally status.

Top Bottom