Logistics or range?

I don't know what the range bug is, either; I just know in my games this month my units with range promotion level really fast.

whats that range bug?

It's not a bug as such but the way the 3-range possibility to shoot is determined is flawed hence within the 3-range tiles there're tiles from which it doesn't work even though it should. It's a matter of to which direction one wants shoot - reasonably easy to remember but very confusing on a map at first.
Ages ago someone made a nice thread with pics about the issue.

For the subject it depends on what I am likely to shoot next. Units available it's always logistics for the few first and then a copule with range. In the lack of suitable targets I'll go for range - much easier to find a proper xp farming spot.

I would go with range easily. Firstly ranged units are quite weak and you don't want to risk losing a valuable unit or have it sitting on the sidelines to heal every time it is damaged. As others have mentioned the unit can safely attack every turn so it won't take much longer to get to logistics.

Logistic is usually better when enemy has lots of units and you have to fight defensive far for a while outside of city bombardment range and then start attacking city itself. If there is strong coastal capital with archer/CB/XB and galleas/frigate inside range gets better cos you archer/CB might be one shotted.

Actually, Tommynt DID refute that argument - long before it was even made:

Long before? As in a couple of posts? And refutations, by definition, come after. But anyway, I found his arguments less than convincing.

What do you take after Logistics & Range (for those lucky, lucky super units)?

Options:

- March: Helps keep our super unit healthy and in the fight (my usual choice)
- Cover: Reduce surprise deaths. Most of my "unfortunate endings" come in the Gatling era to Cavalry, so this might not help that much ...
- The other terrain line: Probably 30-50% of the time I end up attacking the "wrong" terrain type ... so this choice adds significant versatility ...

March. I think someone showed Cover was bugged for ranged units at some point.

Cover: Reduce surprise deaths. Most of my "unfortunate endings" come in the Gatling era to Cavalry, so this might not help that much ...

My gats mostly die due to GW bombers. Cover helps a bit with that, but I still get march first.

March. I think someone showed Cover was bugged for ranged units at some point.

It is not as bad as some think. Cover on ranged does not help against cities, despite what the help text says. It helps against other ranged though.

Top Bottom