Where to Settle

salocin097

Warlord
I know that this is ridiculously late to place cities, but I often just keep hitting next turn as I think about where to settle. I don't really like any place to settle, but I really do need more than just my capital.

Attachments

• 2014-06-28_00002.jpg
    2014-06-28_00002.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 1,168
  • 2014-06-28_00001.jpg
    2014-06-28_00001.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 927
The tile in between the wheat and silk west of Milan. 2 sets of horses, 1 cattle, silk, ivory, stone for stoneworks and a lot of floodplains, some with wheat? That looks like a gorgeous spot.

But its so far away! Haha. I always look at hills but yeah. That is a good spot. thanks

I'd place one south of tyre to get the 3 ivory for trade, also has iron, what and horse, a few floods plains but little production but there isn't a better spot, then build another settler and only then should you settle west of milan:) why is your settler so late anyhow?

I don't really care for the 3 ivory b/c I already have some. And its late b/c I say eh, next turn I'll decide

it depends on how many cities you want to settle. 3 candidates are

1. West, close to russia: right side of silk
2. East, desert river: oasis, ivory, and others
3. Far East: desert river, 2 wheat, etc

I don't really care for the 3 ivory b/c I already have some. And its late b/c I say eh, next turn I'll decide

so you don't want extra gold? haha that can be at least 21 gpt for selling them for 7 gpt each if your on good relationships with most civs... and if you settle to the west your just going to provoke Russia and if your on immortal/diety your going to be in a bad situation all game

Tundra : 4 fishes, furs, iron, deer. Low on production at first, but cargo ship to and from London. 4 or 5 AIcaps are coastal and you are England.

The tile in between the wheat and silk west of Milan. 2 sets of horses, 1 cattle, silk, ivory, stone for stoneworks and a lot of floodplains, some with wheat? That looks like a gorgeous spot.

Totally agree...
I usually prefer a place by the ocean, but I really don't see any decent spots.

Outside of wheat/silk location I would also look at the river to the west of that spot. Just above horses with 2 ivory across.

Good resources and easier to defend/ no rival civ cities settled in your 'territory'

You could place a city next to the fur and another city next to the ivory. With hunting and these resources, your citizens won't be so unhappy from over expansion.

To the west, 4 fish, river and what on river with deer? My first choice since it's cargo ship to cap.
Afterwards you can put one or two cities east, first one near the ivory wherever you want, probably straight on the ivory or one tile to the west to get the marble bonus, this is decent, with a river wheat, and then to the double flood plains wheat just below the silk between horses and cows to get Mt. Kailash in working range which is an amazing spot. This should not trigger a request to not settle near since it's quite far, but if Monty still warns you, just make sure you have an army to deal with him. Alternatively, go for the coast near Kailash since I see lots of fish, provided there is no ice blocking you in the southern sea, this is the safer option, but the land is no where near attractive as the previous option and you run the risk of having Monty forward settle you later. The key is to settle just right-not too near, not too far. I prefer the inland location.

This is a pretty good map. Lots of rivers and wheat and overall your city spots are a nice clump.

^^Im pretty sure you could do that too if you build a few colloseums and eventually a circus maximus for the happiness..

Top Bottom